News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ravenshire

Started by Lavender, May 09, 2008, 11:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelhood

Lady Eriu

The official address for the 2010 Ravenshire Renaissance & Pirate Faire is 312 29 Road, Grand Junction, CO., and the dates are Aug. 13-15. It is much closer to the city, for out-of-town visitors. Although the Order of the Azure Rose is no longer a member Guild of Ravenshire, we are involved as a visiting Guild. New to Ravenshire this year are three Guilds from the Age of Chivalry Faire in Las Vegas-The Saraphim Isles Danish Royal Court, Hammerheim (Viking warriors), and a Gypsy encampment. The Glass Eye Pub may attend, too. Along with the regular Guilds that host the Faire, the Justice Guild and the Wandering Rogues will be there.
While the site is indeed more rustic, the trees and proximity to the Colorado River make up for it. I am also involved with the local SCA group, and have enjoyed Lord William the Sinister's hospitality at several events there. The site will be groomed as much as it can for the convenience and safety of participants and patrons, and woodchip landscaping may be brought in to create pathways and minimize dust. 

Awen

Quote from: Lady Eriu on July 21, 2010, 02:38:14 PM
The official address for the 2010 Ravenshire Renaissance & Pirate Faire is 312 29 Road, Grand Junction, CO., and the dates are Aug. 13-15. It is much closer to the city, for out-of-town visitors. Although the Order of the Azure Rose is no longer a member Guild of Ravenshire, we are involved as a visiting Guild. New to Ravenshire this year are three Guilds from the Age of Chivalry Faire in Las Vegas-The Saraphim Isles Danish Royal Court, Hammerheim (Viking warriors), and a Gypsy encampment. The Glass Eye Pub may attend, too. Along with the regular Guilds that host the Faire, the Justice Guild and the Wandering Rogues will be there.
While the site is indeed more rustic, the trees and proximity to the Colorado River make up for it. I am also involved with the local SCA group, and have enjoyed Lord William the Sinister's hospitality at several events there. The site will be groomed as much as it can for the convenience and safety of participants and patrons, and woodchip landscaping may be brought in to create pathways and minimize dust. 

Gramercy! Good to know what's available - I look forward to returning to this wonderful faire! It's my favorite!

Rosamundi

We enjoyed this faire a lot last weekend and stayed at The Lodge at Silver Raven Ranch. It's a B&B outside town in the Colorado National Monument. The drive may be a bit long for performers, but for playtrons who want a "getaway weekend" with some hiking, wine-tasting, and a faire to boot, it's a terrific place to stay. The owners Jackie and Larry are very Ren-friendly and the other guests at the B&B got a huge kick out of seeing us in garb at breakfast. :-)
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Awen

Quote from: Rosamundi on August 17, 2010, 07:25:47 PM
We enjoyed this faire a lot last weekend and stayed at The Lodge at Silver Raven Ranch. It's a B&B outside town in the Colorado National Monument. The drive may be a bit long for performers, but for playtrons who want a "getaway weekend" with some hiking, wine-tasting, and a faire to boot, it's a terrific place to stay. The owners Jackie and Larry are very Ren-friendly and the other guests at the B&B got a huge kick out of seeing us in garb at breakfast. :-)

The faire was indeed good fun this weekend - hot, but having the river so close by made it possible for those who needed it an opportunity to wade around a bit and cool off. The entertainment was grand (Rilliance & the Doxie Chicks, who do a kick-weed puller acapella show when the situation calls for it) and I loved meeting the Las Vegas contingent. I hope we see them back next year!