News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Gypsy Tale

Started by SarviaRose, June 04, 2008, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORSEMAN

Johnny and I returned from Salzberg with four mules and wheels for our rolling cage, it took the man little time too mount them and the cage was ready for Harrington and we took his chain and at first he tried too fight us but as the wizard told me "tell him you are his master and he must obey", so thats what I did and the creature strangely obeyed this order and soon we placed him into the cage and he started roaming from end too end apparently enjoying this new home then he suddenly stopped and defficated in the middle of the wagon!.

This was not unusal for an animal too do but what he did then was almost bizzare he took the excrement and smeared it over himself from head too toe covering his giant rat like features and once finished he appeared so pleased with this he sat down and smiled too everyone!, strange indeed!, but it appeared too satisfy him and he seems to think the smell is as flowers!.

The Hermit had warned me he would do wierd things he just didn't say this, but at least Caitlyn got the laugh of the day watching her former husband coat himself with poo!.

I wasn't exactly sure what too feed this thing even thought the hermit said he needn't eat he still would scream "Hungry!" and one of the men who trained snakes got too close too the cage and harrington snatched the snake from about his neck and devoured it before us!, well at least I know what too feed him now!.

I hired several of the boys too go into the rock outcroppings and find a stone from here that is much like Serpantine, this I intended too have one of our craftsmen shape into fetishes for good luck too sell the towns people.

I noticed Caitlyn back at my cage toying with Harrington she turned too me and said "lets call him harry! thats much better don't you think?", of course I immediately gave into my sister and Harry he now is!, then she pulled a great rat she'd caught out and tossed it into his cage he devoured it with the same gusto he ate the snake with and soon he deficated and smeared it over himself again!.

This at first I thought too be something beyond tollerance but the people loved it!, they laughed at him so hard he really thought he was doing something so I took an idea, I went too one of the women and had her make a large sack like dress of flowered material and a rag doll, then after it was finished I brought it too harry and he dressed himself ridiculously in a womans dress and hugged his doll!.

This brought more laughter than ever too our people and harry was now a hit attraction and I was now anxious too come too another town too see how they would react too my wild man or whatever!.

NORSEMAN

I was out around the wagon when my attention was drawn too the faint screams of a child!, they could barely be heard but were there and I could not place from what direction this came.

Finally I looked up and saw for a second overhead what appeared too be a great bird carrying in its talons a child but not from our camp!, I immediatley grabbed my sword and attempted too chase this beast far back into the forest and soon found myself hopelessly behind the creature and its having greatly outranged my running but I continued and walked for nealy another hour when finally I heard of all things harp music but not just harp music but the most beautiful music I'd ever heard before!.

I followed this sweet song circling around several times before coming upon the right direction and it grew louder and almost intoxicating too listen too, I followed this further until I came too a small opening near the base of a hill and there found not a bird at all but a beautiful fairy playing the harp before several children seated before her and they sat motionless as in a trance.

The fairy finished her song and spread her wings taking flight and I watched her disappear off toward the SouthEast and out of sight!, the children sat there still! not moving or speaking so I drew my sword and quickly ran too them.

To my horror these poor little things were all quite dead!, they're skin was dried and wrinkled as if they'd been dried like mummies and they're eyes nothing but empty holes of where they once were!.

I heard sobbing inside a small cave hidden behind where the fairy had been sitting and pushed back the covering too find its lair and bed it was inside there I found a table with the child who had been screaming that I had originally heard it was a little girl and she appeared dead herself and I touched her she suddenly roused from her stupor.

I asked what is wrong with you child?, she answered that evil fairy had given her some drink from that bottle and everything got blurry and I went too sleep.

What is this thing?, I've never known of fairies too be evil? and she replied she lived in a town not far from there and she was out playing when this fairy grabbed her and brought her here!.

She said further that the thing had shown up recently and had been taking children and noone knew what she was or how too rid our town of her but that she was very evil and none she took ever came back!.

I told the child too run hide in the back of the cave and I would try and put a stop too this evil creature!, when suddenly it seemed I could hear her singing in the distance and as I pulled the covering over the doorway back sure enough she came into view holding another child, I called too the girl too come lay where she had left her and be quite!.

I pulled up a great woven basket and crawled inside too hide beside the table and the fairy brought the other child inside and prepared too give it the same drink she'd given the first girl but this time the child on the table screamed and the fairy holding the other child dropped it and reached for the girl on the table as she did this I sprang up from inside the large basket sword in hand and brought the great blade down upon the evil things skull and cleaved it into killing her.

As she fell back onto the cave floor she crumbled too dust, this I quickly gathered too take too Fenella but decided too look around further and found nothing of value except the harp she played that destroyed the children, it was made of ivory with some type of silvery strands for strings and I dared not pluck it for I already knew what evil it could do so I shoved it into my hunting bag.

I blind folded the two children and lead them outside so as too not see the empty husks of the other dead children and soon managed too find my way back too our camp, I told the two children too wait at my wagon and I'd try too return them home soon but I really didn't know where to take them so I brought the dust of the evil fairy and the deadly harp too Fenella and asked her what we should do!.

NORSEMAN

I told Fenella what had happened and she was really excited about the fairy dust I'd gotten, she said that it was likely some mutated type of fairy as most are very nice and try too help people but the Harp she was afraid of she said we need too keep it locked up because its enchanted but for now we shouldn't touch it.

She took in the children and we asked them where they were from but niether knew how too find they're home so Fennella and I both agreed that we should pull stakes and head the caravan further South, since Salzberg had so much trouble it had created a negative pull and was actually drawing magic toward it and some not the kind you wanted too meet so we packed quickly as soon as I found Johnny and hitched the wagon and harry's cage wagon up and pulled into line this time we were fourth and fifth wagon Fenella would lead, then Caitlyn and Jasper but noone was bothering them now because they were so in love everyone left them alone.

We soon had the wagons on the road and were heading South when we came too a cross roads, the children recognized it and said turn left that they thought they're village was that way.

By now it was nearing three in the afternoon and the the long winters shadows were already showing and I myself thought we should begin to set up camp but the children insisted they were near the village so we continued on due East and the roads began too climb higher and higher as we rode threw the pine shrouded lanes until finally we came around a very high steep curve and spreading out below us was a considerably large village and the children jumped for joy saying it was they're home.

We made our way down the narrow road that snaked back and fourth as it dropped in altitude until we were just on the outskirts of the village, we were met by the burgomiester and a number of men and guards, I was worried at first then the little girl jumped down and ran too the burgomiester and said "Father!", he smiled and looked up toward us and said "Thank you for returning my child I thought she was doomed!".

They went on too say come into town and camp near the town center they all wanted too know the story of how we came by the children and there were many people here so we should even turn a few pennies as well!.

NORSEMAN

We sat up camp in the center of town as they instructed but this was a strange place it was too quite like they were hiding something I think everyone realized that but some still set up shop anyway, the knife throwers were having a good business, the acrobats were staying busy as well, Fenella she was always busy selling cures and things.

I didn't keep up with Caitlyn much she and Jasper were so much in love and never left each others side it was totally discusting!.

I even open my wildman exhibit and did very well even though I left Johnny too run the show I wanted too find the towns elders and began too roam around looking, I found nothing unordinary but this town was like it was dead it was just a feeling I had and I returned too our wagon I was determined too urge Fenella and Caitlyn we all should leave and head further South when there was a knock at the wagon door.

It was Caitlyn and Jasper and the first thing they said was this place is erie lets move on, as we talked about this Fenella showed up with the same opinion and none of us could determine what it was but this place wasn't right and shortly after lunch everyone repacked and we quietly left this town!.

As we climbed the narrow road leading back up on the mountain we could see the townspeople just standing there looking at us but not saying anything or showing any emotion of any kind but we had returned the children and this was what we came for anyway and now I was happy too be leaving and before long we were high on the mountain shelf road and far enough from that place too finally breath easy but I don't think I relaxed until we returned too the crossroads and turned left heading back too the South and sunny Italy.

By about four in the evening as usual we found us a nice cool stream running across the road and turned off the main road and followed an animal path some distance as we liked too do to make sure we were safely away from the main road and there we sat up camp, no one mentioned that village and we all spit everytime we thought about it for it was surely hexed! but here was nice quiet and peacefull and we all felt like we needed a rest.

NORSEMAN

The new camp was so beautiful it reminded all of us of the escriptions of the garden of Eden and we were all very happy there and going about our daily tasks.

Fenella stuck her head out of the wagon very early and finding it too be such a pleasant spring like morning as this even in the middle of winter she decided too go this morning far down the bubbling stream beside our camp and bathe so she gathered her things into a beaded bag and slipped the strap over her shoulder and looked too see most either busy or still fast asleep so quietly she glided past the main campfire in camp and soon was beyond the outskirts of camp.

She turned once too look back but noone had seen her and she smiled and took a branch from a tree too make into a toothbrush she thought and placing into her mouth she hummed as she walked in this paradise like place.

Soon she found a spot with a big smooth rock protuding into the clear water and she spread her bathing things upon it and shuddered too think how cold this mountain water might be too bathe in but she stuck her toe in and found it unusually warm so she pulled her robes off and waded into the water sitting down and letting the bubbling waters sooth her and she could feel herself almost floating and since her eyes were shut she didn't realized she was now into a wide part of the stream and apparently a very deep part but she floated still with her eyes shut in a dreamlike state.

Suddenly the waters beside her splashed upward and she was taken with a start not realizing until now she was into the deep water and even though she could swim she felt unusually drowsy and then two arms lean and soft wrapped around her and gently began bringing her back toward the rock where she had thought she was and finally when about in three foot deep water she stood up in amazement for before her a beautiful woman slowly rose from out of the depths.

Her figure was perfect and she appeared no older than twenty years, her hair was almost completely silver color but with a slight tint of gold and her face was the most beautiful Fenella had ever seen and she looked upon this woman unable too move.

The woman spoke too her "Fenella don't you recognize me?, I'm Thera your sister!", Fennella said "NO! YOUR NOT! she died so very long ago!".

But this woman was adamant and told Fenella she did not die but was taken into a spell she had preformed and into a realm where everything is possible, she was taught secrets only the most learned could know and beyond that and she became a water spirit, she knew Fenella was in trouble and she could only help her sister and not let her drown!.

Fenella climbed upon the rock and covered herself with her robe, Thera floated in the water with a beauty even Fenella could not look upon and they talked and she told Fenella many things about her life and soon Fenella became certain that this was indeed her sister and at long last she said I've always watched over you sister and there is something else that proves a horrid danger too you and all that travel with you.

She said further the harp that the man Robert brought back from the evil fairy, it was stolen from this magical realm and is very dangerous too play! and then she began singing a song and Fenella lost all reason and found herself under the power of Thera, she stopped singing and said "sister bring me this harp and I shall see that its taken too a safe place for you all are in danger! I shall wait here!".

Fenella unable to think for herself immediately complied with her wishes and got up and went too the camp and toward her wagon but Caitlyn was now up and saw her.

Caitlyn knew immediately she was under some sort of spell and she used her powers and reached into Fenellas mind, there she saw the water spirit Thera and knew she'd bewitched Fennella and was even now waiting upon her too bring the harp to her for her evil purposes.

Caitlyn brought a dream upon Fenella and in the dream Fenella dreamed she was doing exactly what Thera had commanded her too do and she sat poor Fenella down upon a log and bound her there then she took Fenellas robes and wrapped them around herself and cause her features magically too change into Fenellas likelness.

Caitlyn ran too Fenellas wagon and broke the lock upon the cabinet that held the Ivory Harp and carefully she placed it into a silk scarf and started back toward where Thera waited, as she approached Thera smiled uncontrollably and couldn't wait for her too give her the harp and Caitlyn walked toward the stream stopping only feet from the waters edge and looked upon Thera.

Thera became confussed and said "Sister why do you wait bring me the Harp!", but Caitlyn stood there not moving and just watched and Thera became very irratated and started too sing  the enchanting song again but this time Caitlyn pulled fourth the harp and began too play it and its music overshadowed Theras song!.

Thera irrate now changed forms and became a great serpant and said "weak mortal do you think you can kill me with that you don't even know how too use it!", but Thera moved not from where she was and Caitlyn saw this and continued playing the harp.

Thera became pale and sickly looking and suddenly turned into Caitlyns grandmother and begged her too stop playing that horrid tune she was killing her and by killing her she kills her own grandmother but Caitlyn knew better and only played faster and the creature turned back into a giant serpant and poised too strike her but she continues playing and the creatures eyes sunk into its head and its skin began too shrivel yet she played on.

The creature grasped twice and fell head first onto the sandy shore completely dead, its skin slowly deteriorating and Caitly laid the harp down and quickly pulled the huge fangs out of the snakes mouth and threw each over beside the harp and stepped back as the snake slowly disappeared before her then she gathered the harp and the two twelve inch long fangs and returned too Fenella at camp, there she unbound her and used her powers too wake her.

Fenella cried out and asked for her sister but Caitlyn told her she had been decieved by an evil creature and what she had done Fenella cried and went too her wagon and Caitlyn came with her and placed a dreamless sleep upon her then left pulling the door shut behind her she didn't know what too do with this harp or the fangs and she hoped that once Fenella regained herself she could help her but instead the Hermit appeared before her and said Caitlyn you have done well, lock up the harp its brings only destruction too the listeners but you have now a strong magic thing and thats the fangs of the great snake these you can use as a dagger for they won't break and have magic all they're own includuing the ability with your power to ingect poison within the wounds like a snake does but too any normal person they cannot do this!.

Caitlyn asked him of Fennella and he said she will be fine just let her sleep, you are wise Caitlyn said the Hermit wiser than even I thought!, I must go but if you need me you can call me and disappeared.

Caitlyn sat there by the fire holding the harp and the fangs she suddenly realized what she'd taken on and defeated and she was very proud of herself!.

NORSEMAN

Caitlyn sat there by the fire for a long time and finally took the harp inside of her own wagon and locked it up unsure of what too really do with such a potent magic item, she also placed one of the snakes fangs inside the cabinet as she intended on giving it too her brother Robert later but for now she just wanted toobe alone and think.

She walked outside and Jasper caught her from behind and it made her angry for she was in a strange mood and she scolded him and said she wanted too be alone he looked hurt and walked away but for now she just had too walk and think.

This entire valley we were in seemed too good to be true there was great magic there and she wasn't sure what too make of it and for the first time in her life Fenella had been of little use too her so she just walked and walked down the beautiful valley not really noticing how the snow on the surrounding mountains never seemed too penetrate this place and even fruit bloomed in winter and this troubled her but she knew there was something of this place and she walked onward where she found some rocks over the stream and crossed too the other side.

Once she was there she started up a gently sloping bank and when she reached the top she saw a immaculate garden spread before her with flowers and vegtables, fruit and things she had never seen but all were she felt good things too eat and she strolled onward until she rounded a large hedge and as she came round it she could see an opening in the garden and before her stood the most beautiful tree she had ever seen, its bark was like a polished wood looking almost as thought it had been man made, it stood about twenty foot high and was shaped perfectly and upon it there was fruit unlike any she'd ever seen or heard of and she walked toward the tree as thought she were drawn there.

When suddenly a voice called out too her left "Don't touch that tree!", she turned and there before her stood a small man looking almost like a child his features were fat like a baby and he only wore a loin cloth, his hair was a beautiful tangle of curly gold as thought it were spun with a loom.

She asked him almost unbelieveing "What did you say?".

The little man repeated "Don't touch that tree least you die!, for it was already the downfall of man and the fact you have made it here is beyond description!".

Caitlyn was taken aback and said again "What?, the downfall of man?, why is this", and the little man cut her off and said ask not what you see only know that there are things which cannot be explained upon this human realm!.

Caitlyn asked him how they got there and he replied that this place is no place and its every place its only here because you  and your people appeared at the same time it materialized in the same spot, it was an accident!.

He went on too say this place exists but can only be held in one spot if a man or woman manages too gain entrance and somehow you've done this, usually it appears in places where noone treads and stays there but a fraction of a second your time but its days here it was likely the large serpent who used his power too help you gain entrance but now you've vanquished him you must leave you may keep the fangs but the harp must be returned too him!.

Caitlyn needn't ask who he was but said it will take us time too leave here!, the little one said time is an unrelevant thing and took her hand and they were suddenly back at the camp before her wagon, she told the little one you must hide or they will see you but he laughed and said no one can see me but you child, fetch the harp and I will help you leave here.

Caitlyn dashed inside and unlocked the cabinet and brought the harp too the little one and he began too play it, she cringed but again he laughed and said "Fear not child its powers are great and needn't harm anyone!".

He then said look and she turned and the entire camp was standing still and he said what you've seen you cannot tell nor can I let you remember it, but keep the fangs and use them they are not of here and cannot stay anyway, then he bid her goodbye and for Caitlyn all went blurry and suddenly she realized it was very cold and they were on the wagon heading South, Jasper drove and turned too her and smiled, "have a nice dream sweetheart" and Caitlyn grabbed the side of the wagon and looked back up the valley from which they were and saw only rocks and snow!.

She told Jasper let us travel far from here and go toward the warm places where the sun shines and he laughed and said "Thats where we are going why Italy is just over this pass!", she felt better and leaned back against the seat wondering "Was this a dream?".

NORSEMAN

We travelled on for quite some time but the mountains we were in were getting steeper and steeper and the more narrow as we went until it finally was one wagon wide and this made me cringe for these mountains they call the Alps are more steeo than many I've encountered before or maybe I'm just getting old!.

We continued over a pass and were following a winding shelf road when we came too where a bridge once had stood but it appears too have been knocked down by a snow slide and we were fortunate if you'd call it that because this road being far too narrow to turn around curved with the mountain and led off toward the West, this road doesn't appear too have been travelled since the last snows but it was really no choice but follow it.

The narrow path snaked around the mountain we were on for over an hour and the snow was sometimes almost three foot deep and I knew our mules were working too pull us but at this point we were helpless other than too slow down and let them take an easier stride but this cost us much time and it was already nearing the normal time for us too set up camp only the wind was picking up and it looked like a blizzard might be moving in but for now the snow only continued as a light shower.

We finally cleared this road upon which we were on and found ourselves on a steep climb toward  a smooth rolling area about 200 foot above and ahead of us but as before we had no choice but too continue and once we reached the top I realized we were high above the tree line in the artic tundra and this was no place too even think of spending the night.

I stopped too give the animals some rest and water but we were all carefull too wipe them down for the very sweat upon the mules backs was beginning too freeze upon them but I soon had that cured and was climbing back into the wagon too signal the others too follow when a strange scene began developing behind us, it seemed a young couple who was with us was fixing too deliver a baby!, oh not here I thought too myself!.

Fenella, Caitlyn and myself all went back too they're wagon and pleaded them continue for too stop here would mean the deaths of all even thought it would be hard upon them it was far too cold and the snow was increasing but the husband stubbornly refused saying it was his first child and be damned he would trouble his wife too move on, her mother and father were in another wagon and declared the same!, there was a midwife in yet another wagon who offered too stay and her lover who had yet another wagon wouldn't leave the midwife!.

We pulled the midwife and her beau aside and showed them, this is horrible we know but this is pure suicide noone can live here through out this night look the snow already grows thicker and the flakes became as saucers in size but they could not be persuaded too move so reluctantly we left these four wagons on the artic tundra of a mountain which we knew not even the name of and the remaining eight wagons pushed on.

The snow was already begining too bank up along the rocks and we all felt a sigh of relief we we found the tundra came too and end and the road began too slowly incline downward but with the ice and snow this already proved too be almost a fatal exercise for the wagons one after another took they're turns sliding helplessly down this incline and miraculously we all made it but the last wagon only did by ramming against a rock which was all that stood between them and a drop that with this snow we couldn't even see the bottom.

We continued around the road and too our horror another pass loomed in the distance ahead of us but as I said our only chance at life was not too stop but too head onward and thats what we did climbing again while the mules lost they're footing upon the slippery ground but ever pushing ahead.

By now we all had blankets wrapped around our already large overcoats and the wind seemed too cut through even this barrier, finally we crested the second pass and began a sharp left turn around another curve with nothing standing between us and our deaths except the relentless blowing snow but just then I could hear something !.

We rode on and the road still continued downward and then I heard it again!, it was a church bell ringing!, the wind let up for a second and the snow seemed too part long enough for us too see far down the valley below us there was a village!.

The wind whipped up again and the snow hit without mercy but onward we tread taking most of an hour too descend these slippery mountain roads and then as a miracle the town shrine was just before us and we soon were inside this village it was small but it was all that we had.

Men came out and helped us cram all the mules from all the wagons inside the large towns barn, we parked the wagons in a row and took our personal things and were led inside a large tavern, there we found this town too be named Belzano, they said they were used too saving people coming over the mountains and offered us shelter in the tavern overnight by the roaring fire which we all accepted and I paid the owner of the barn for its use and for feeding our animals, they brought us hot soup and sausage with beer and ale and we feasted as never before!.

SarviaRose

"Robert it is so cold. I have never felt so cold"

Robert just looked at his sister he knew cold and yes it was very cold but at least they had cover.

"Yes Cait it is be glad we made it here and they gave us shelter."

Jasper came and joined them he had been to check on the young couple and on Molly. He knew the cold was worse on the very young and the very old. He handed another blanket to Fenella and joined Caitlyn under her's.

"Thank you Jasper. This cold has the feel of evil magic. Marynia is near here."

They all stared at her this was a name none of them had thought about since leaving the Harrington estate.

"She can't be"

"Yes she can Cait." Jasper told her.

"Jasper is right,  you and Robert have not vanquished her from this plane and she wants your powers Cait. And yours Robert also she has only learned of you lately. She has feared Caitlyn since her birth and now fears Robert also."

Caitlyn snuggled into Jasper's arms and feel asleep. For some reason after Harrington was killed thoughts of Marynia had left her she cursed herself for forgetting the person she was convinced had caused her to be separated her from her family.
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

NORSEMAN

This town has people that are some of the best I've ever come across but its a very poor village and the growing season here is measured almost in days not months!, for the most part they raise sheep and goats and live on cheese which is also some of the best I've ever tasted!.

I went early too talk with the towns mayor since he seems too be very much connected with the goings on around here, these people are so wonderfull I told him that he would be well rewarded when we leave which should not be too long we only need too wait for the Southern passes too become passable, we talked and drank on a bottle I brought from the wagon and he asked many questions of us and how we make our living and I told him for the most part we travel too faires and trade but many of our people are very talented and are artists, acrobats, fortune tellers and various things, I told him of my wildman "Harry", and he wished we could do something for this night as it was a holiday evening and they would all be in the village, to this I told him something might be arranged I would talk too Caitlyn and Fenella.

He then asked me if I might be interested in a curiosity they had found near the village, he said many were afraid of it and thought it too be a troll but he was an educated man and realized it was a long frozen mummy of a man from long long ago.

He took me down into the basement of the city hall and carefully opened a cabinet like container and there before me wrapped in sheets lay the mummified body of what was once a man!, poor fellow was slightly smaller than normal due too the fact he'd dried out and his skin pulled away from his mouth exposing large teeth and I happened upon an idea!.

I asked him if the town would consider selling this too me, he replied that come spring he was  going too throw it out!, so I told him I'd give the town one silver bar for this and its container and he almost picked up the box alone too carry it out for me!.

Once back too my wagon I drug it inside and examined the teeth and thought "a little filing of these into points and some new clothes and this fellow will be a perfect exhibit as a vampire but I would wait until I left this town too transform it for obvious reasons, now feeling very satisfied with myself I joined the others in the tavern looking for Johnny too tell what we now had for our sideshow!.

NORSEMAN

The tempeture had risen greatly by the next day and the snow on the lower Southern passes was becoming slushy so without delay I gathered everyone together and we began the arduous task of harnessing the teams and preparing too move out while we had the chance but first for the consideration these kind people had given us I left them a bag of gold too be shared with everyone.

Soon we were all in line and moving South I especially wanted too get out of the Alps before another storm front moved in and this looked like our best chance,

We rounded the road heading out of town with most everyone waving goodbye too us and us them and soon as the mountain road snaked around too the right we were soon out of sight and well away from there, we continued down into a small valley and then began too climb again as the road snaked back up the next mountain and soon we were back into the deep snows but the mayor had assured me this was the last pass before it began too settle out and we were all happy of this.

Finally at the highest point on the road leading around the upper part there was a large crack that almost sounded like thunder and a horrid roar it lasted but what seemed a few seconds but the cries from the rear of the caravn caught all our attention, there had been a snow slide that hit the last few wagons I already knew the last wagon was the one belonging to the old mother and father of the woman who had the baby up in the pass earlier and I was almost sure they're wagon had fallen but as I ran back toward the end of the column I found things too be much worse than I'd ever expected!.

The old couples wagon was gone but also the single man our carpenter and his wagon plus one of the wagons belonging too the acrobatic children and they're mother!, they were gone!, not just swept off the mountainside but they were covered completely in snow at the bottom of the chasm.

Also the midwifes wagon had taken severe damage too it and was now totally destroyed except for a few things she had with her and her team was still there but the wagon was flattened by rocks and snow.

We all stood there looking ,hoping! that at any time someone would dig out of the snow, rocks and trees but there was no movement, we waited for a long time and still nothing, it was far too dangerous too try to decend this precipace and the snow above us threatened another avalanche so Caitlyn and I decided we had rather lose four wagons than all of them so we gathered what we could and put the midwifes things into others wagons and she rode with the new parents in they'res but there was nothing left for us too do here and we travelled on now down to ten wagons in our caravan.

I don't know if it was the shock of what had happened or the numbness we were all feeling but the time passed quickly and we were back down and into the forest very soon we travelled on and found a spot with good water, wood and space for us too camp, but not much was said as the dead we left were still on our minds!.

NORSEMAN

Everyone was tired when we arrived into this little valley but it was pleasant here and we decided too stay for a while, it was still sometime before the faire in Milan opened and I was out scouting around the countryside and backtracked to the last road we'd crossed, there I saw the rear of a column of five wagons and what appeared as rich men heading South toward Rome, there was an old beggar there at the crossroads and I threw him a coin and asked who they were?.

He replied they were rich Frenchmen going on pilgrimage toward Rome, he said those French pigs don't know the meaning of the word pilgrim much less what it is actually about!.

I told the old man "Yes yes I don't want too hear your life story!", and rode away back toward our encampment but an idea formed in my head and I slapped my horse along and soon reached the wagon, when there I grabbed a bundle I had stowed and a bag of the bones that Johnny and I made too trade as relics, I also grabbed an old leaky gourd too use as a canteen and a small utility pouch with a shoulder strap and told Johnny too tell everyone I was ok but may be gone for a couple days!.

I remounted my horse and rode hard across country at an angle too the South road and from the rolling hills I could soon see the slow moving pilgrims on the main road, but I must make plans before I approach them!.

I rode about two miles in front of them and stopped well off the road, I unsaddled my horse and wiped him down and staked him too feed beside a stream, then I undone the bundle I'd brought along it was dusty since it had been awhile since I used it and I shook it out, it was a monks robe with a rope belt and sandles, quickly I disrobed my clothes and put on this garb and hid my own clothing near my horse.

I took the pouch and slung it over my arm and the gourd canteen as well and slipped on the sandles and looked around for a very old limb too use as a staff , soon I found the proper one and I took the precaution of strapping a dagger too my leg before I left on my own pilgrimage!.

I made my way through the heavy brush toward the road, once there I drew my dagger and quickly cut some grass too make the most pathetic looking bed you'd ever seen!, then I built a small campfire and waited for the frenchmen too arribe I assumed they would spend the night here by this stream with the "Monk!".

Soon my patientce was rewarded and the Frenchmen drew into sight seeing me lying upon my grass bed with nothing too eat!, they stopped and said "Father why do you rest here with nothing too eat why do you not return too your church?".

I told them "My sons I am from a church far too the North I left with many bretherin and we travelled tooo Jeruselum to locate some relics for my church, but while there my brothers took sick from a evil foreign disease and died along the roads back now noone remains but me and I have no money too buy food and fear my sons I may have too sell the very relic we sought just in order too survive my trip back too the church!, but woe is me for as a man I hunger so but as a priest I know that this relic I have cannot be lost the church sent so much money for it with us I'd be thrown out from the order had I fail and I know now I cannot make it further!".

The Frenchmen called up they're servants and soon set up a camp fit for a king, they roasted chickens, ducks, deer and had cheese, vegtables such a feast even wine then the greed arose in they're eyes as I could see and they went off among themselves too talk and left me beside the fire.

Soon they returned in a group and said "Father your so weary from this impossible task and have no food!, let us help you with this!".

My reply was "My sons how can you help me?".

They said father we know from what you said that the church had paid a great sum for the relic you say you have what is this relic and can we see it?".

I replied "of course my sons all the devoted may see this!", and I took out a purple silk hankerchief and wrapped inside was a piece of bone I'd placed there , I said "Look my soons this is the true blessing arm bone of Paul the apostle and with it you could have great wealth you see it attacrts gold!".

They're eyes lit up and they then laughed and said "Surely you jest for you are starving and if this attracted gold you'd be rich!".

But said I "I'm a priest I cannot use it for my own gains that would be improper but did it not bring you gentlemen too men as I was hungry? and did it not bring me food? which you gave too me a poor priest wandering in the wilderness?".

They're eyes now glowed with envy but I was not finished yet!, I had placed an old small golden coin in my sandle and as I showed the relic around too each of the Frenchmen I said "Behold it draws my hand even now!", and they all stood up in the dimming light of the evening sky and followed me as I led them toward the crossing in the stream and there took my foot and dug with it feeling the coin slide out into the dirt!.

One of the Frenchmen yelled " Look theres a coin it does find gold!", and they picked up the gold coin and exclaimed its gold alright and look its over one hundred years old!, truly this is a relic!.

I simply wrapped it back up and said "gentlemen the relic has paid you for my food I must not abuse it but so many of my friends died while bringing this back that I'm afraid my own faith has been shaken and I may take it and leave the church useing this relic too become rich for I cannot repay the church money and I cannot go on!".

To this the Frenchmen went back and talked among themselves for a long time then they returned and said "Father you say your leaving the church anyway to make your own fortune but we as pilgrims could see this is returned too the church for you and as faith of our intentions we will even pay you the entire amount the church paid so you know we will return and get our money!".

I said "But brothers this is a Holy relic and you could use it too find enough too make yourselves rich one hundred times over how would I know that temptation would not overcome you and you keep it making me a fool at the church?".

They said how much did you pay for this relic?, "I said five full pouches of gold but its worth so much more too the church!".

They said "Ten we will pay you double what its worth so you know we are true too our word!".

I said "I'm sorry brothers its too tempting on you , but then if", and I stopped mid sentence.

They cried "If what father just tell us! we are rich men now!".

I said "If you paid me four times its value 20 pouches of gold I'd be sure you would return for this much money!".

The Frenchmen went off and began drinking and getting loose tongues and I could overhear them say "Let us pay it for it will make us that money back and more over the years we have it and the church has four times its value and they should be happy!".

So finally they came fourth and placed 20 pouches of gold before me as colateral and said "Father do you believe us now?, you rest here for several days and we'll take it back for you!".

I agreed and gave them the relic and off they went staggering already they were so drunk and soon all went too sleep so I gathered the gold into my pouch and slipped out of camp even taking a bottle of they're french wine as I left and made it back too my horse and since it was so dark this night I had too circle back around too the road and follow it back too the crossroads and then too the left and back toward camp.

I arrived the next morning as everyone set at breakfast, I was still dressed as a monk and created quite a stir of laughter at this but I didn't care because I just sold an old elk bone for 20 pouches of gold and a bottle of wine, so I staggered back too my wagon as Johnny took the horse I stumbled inside and fell fast asleep upon the bed.

NORSEMAN

Finally about lunch time I woke up too find myself still in the garb of a priest so I changed back into my own clothes and carefully places the pouches of gold into our hiding place, I went outside but all the food was gone and I was scolded by one woman who said if I wanted too eat I should've gotten there at lunch but I didn't really care plus my head ached from the night before.

I sat there by the fire and the situation wasn't improving because of several men chopping wood nearby so I saddled my horse and decided that a change was needed, I took a pouch of gold and armed myself as always and left the camp and headed West too see what I might come across.

The day was warm and I felt much better in the fresh air and soon found myself very far from camp I'm not sure but I think it must've been nearly forty miles and I was ravenous but rode onward when I found the tempting smell of bacon wafting through the forest.

Riding onward I came too a small village with luckily an Inn on the outside of town and thats where the wonderfull smell came from, I tied my horse and went inside finding a table over near the corner and soon one of the most comely wenches I'd seen in days came too me for my order, I told her too bring me some ale too start and a plate of the food I had been smelling deep back into the woods, she smiled and flirted then left too get my ale.

I sat there and had a wonderfull meal and since the tavern was empty save me the wench stayed there talking too me and we talked on for a couple of hours, the ale was having its effect on me and she whispered too me that "If you'd like I have a bed upstairs and I can make a man as yourself feel like a king", I took her hand and she lead me upstairs where the beautiful blonde pleasured me time and again we drank more and I soon becoming drowsy feel asleep while holding her.

The next thing I knew there was a very loud noise and my eyes would not focus well but there were men in the room and one yelling something about "my wife!", I felt a sharp pain against my head and everything went black!.

The next thing I knew I awoke dressed only in my pants and chained too a very dark stone wall that I assumed too be a dungeon but I wasn't even sure I was awake then still groggy and feeling dried blood upon my face I passed out again.

Suddenly water was thrown upon me and it was dark in this dungeon except  a torch and again several men stood before me but this time I was wide awake and the man in the center said greedily "well Captain Conitz we meet again!", the man was dimly lit by the torch and I recognized his face he was count something or the other!, when I was in the mercenary army of Austria I had fought against his men and captured him but as I remember the Duke ransomed him too the King of Italy!.

He said we will speak again tomorrow when your feeling somewhat revived but know you are my prisoner!.

SarviaRose

Johnny came running up to Caitlyn she could see the worry in his face.

"Johnny what's wrong?"

"Robert hasn't come back I'm worried. Have you heard anything from him?"

Caitlyn looked at Johnny and than to Jasper, this couldn't be happening.

"I haven't heard anything but I will try now. Jasper go get Fenella."

Caitlyn watched as Jasper ran off, she sat down and concentrated on finding Robert.

"Robert can you hear me? Please answer me."

After ten minutes she still hadn't heard anything back. She jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Child are you having any luck?"

Caitlyn just frowned. "No I haven't"

"I haven't either. Have you been able to fell him at all?"

"Yes but I can't pin point it. I can fell his presence but I can't tell where it is coming from. Ohhh the hermit"

Caitlyn went quiet again.

"Hermit I need your help"

"Yes Cait I know what worries you. Yes he is alive I am unsure why he is not answering your, Fenella's or my call. I think he must be unconscious"

"This is bad I can't leave my big brother behind. Can you form link with Fenella and Jasper as we make plans?"

With out a response the Hermit materialized in front of her. Johnny let out a yelp at the sight and Jasper and Fenella both smiled at their friend.

"Cait, young one he is now awake I see him in a duagen. You are the only one who can rescue you him but you will need help."

"Fenella are you and Father okay with leading the rest on?"

Fenella nodded.

"Jasper you are to come with me."

"Cait I want to go also."

"Johnny"

"No sister I am going with"

Fenella stepped in before Caitlyn could object more.

"Cait take Jasper and Johnny, your father and I can protect who are left and we need to do repairs soon also but we need to leave here if someone took Robert any of us could be next. Also you can train Johnny he as powers also they are similar to Jasper's you both can help him learn"

Johnny got a big smile on his face.

"Fine, Johnny get the horse ready. I need to change I am going into this fighting."

"Cait" Jasper stopped her "Pack normal clothing also you will bring less attention to yourself."

"I know Jasper but I'm going to be ready to get my brother back."

Fenella and the Hermit looked at her new powers where awakening in her, they both knew she would find Robert and this power in him would awaken also. Both smiled they had only heard stories of the royal gypsies being able to become invisble. The hermit watched as Jasper and Caitlyn walked to their wagon.

"Cait and Robert will do great things."

"Aye hermit they will."

With that the hermit disappear. Not long after than Caitlyn, Jasper and Johnny road out. Johnny was unsure of following his sister's feeling on where Robert was located but could see in her eyes that now was not a time to argue.

Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

NORSEMAN

I came too and it was after daylight and apparently well afterward, I thought and thought of who is that count who called me Conitz?.

I had once went by the name of Conitz while I was fighting as a mercenary in Northwest Austria for the Duke, it finally came too me that he was one of the senior officers of a group who had pushed North out of Italy and across the border country crossing between Austria and Hungary they weren't an army they were simply raiders are mostly bandits looking for loot, committing attrocities and raping as they went.
We were in Munich at the time and word was sent from Austria that a small force was moving North only about 200 men so I was detached with my company of men too intercept these bandits.

We crossed Northern Austria and found them too be heading toward Chechoslavakia I guessed they'd head toward Bratislava so we went immediately toward there but were too late by about one day, the villages we passed were massacred and they're possessions stolen I remember in one village a small two year old girl was the only one left alive, they'd cut off her arms! and left her too bleed too death while walking the streets calling her mother who had been raped by these bandits.

Most women they raped they just cut they're throats but too some they didn't want they shoved swords up them and then drew the blade out disembowling them, the men and boys they butchered and often festooned the fences with they're entrils and heads so by now my men were furious with these evil men.

We caught them the next day at Bratislava!, they were spread over the city raping women too they're pitious screams and killing everyone, I had fifty five men with me and we attacked in force down the main street slaughtering these animals as we went, most were completely naked from they're lusts and almost drunk anyway and we pushed them through town them not fighting but retreating before us ending up in the town church where they killed the preacher upon entering!.

I gave them a chance too surrender hoping all the time they would not and knowing that they wouldn't so after a while my men began throwing brush ,furniture ,garbage anything that would burn against the church walls and we burned that building with them inside too the very ground upon which it stood.

The townspeople began too show up at least those who'd escaped them at first, then screaming started from a inn and we rushed the building too find all the officers from this company in full debauchery with young girls, young boys, women even each other!, we took these things from the inn and led them too the road outside of town and there like Prince Vlad of Wallachia we impaled them too the cheers of the townspeople.
We impaled fifteen men upon greased twelve foot poles put in the groung and we deposited them upon these poles by they're rears so the slow dull point of the stake would take a long time too kill them as they watched the lifes blood drain away.

We were fixing too impale this count when word was recieved from the Duke himself not too kill him but turn him over to these men he'd sent for him as he was going too ransom him back too the king!.

I remember now well this count yelling that his family were among the officers impaled and his brother as well and he'd have his revenge!.

Well at least I remembered who he was now if I could just figure out where I was!, I concentrated upon the the shackles around my wrists and with a sudden burst as the Hermit had showed me they exploded from my wrists, ok I thought I'm loose now to find out where I am! and then too find this count for he doesn't know the powers I've attained since last he met me and I had quite a surprise for him!.

NORSEMAN

I walked through this dungeon area and found myself too be its only occupant and it appeared that this castle wasn't the best kept one that I'd ever seen things were old and rusty but this made me no difference for now my anger was rising and as I made my way up the winding steps leading in and out of here I stopped before the massive door and concentrated on it suddenly it began too bubble as metal that was beginning too melt and then the wood metal hinges and all began too slide down liquifing before me and my rage had just began.

I walked out of the dungeon and into the guards area of the castle, there were the cowardly villans who had beatten me and as they recognized I was standing in the doorway I unleased my powers upon them one and all they grabbed they're heads in pain and blood flowed from they're mouth,eyes,nose and ears as they fell one after another in pain upon the floor and crumpled into withered piles of human refuse before me!, the room was full of weapons but I had been taken by the moment and need them not too destroy vermin such as these.

After dispatching the monsters in the guard room I began too wander the halls of what had once been a very elegant castle but now it was old and decaying, the paintings upon the walls grew pale and spiders made webs everywhere but I was enraged and cared nothing for the riches I past I was looking for one man and one man only the COUNT!.

I moved down the great halls and come upon servants many with scars this beast had given them and too them I said "Leave this place for today your master will die!", they all grabbed things as they went too compensate they're new live and as I walked on I came upon a mirror and there I saw my own eyes glowing red and I didn't recognize my own image but saw what looked a monster before me but this only made me happier for a monster I now wanted too be!.

I made my way around the entire first floor and found him not as I found on the second and the third floors of this tower until finally I heard a screech of a woman in pain and followed this noise too find a room much nicer than most areas of this crumbling castle I knew it was the bed chamber of the creature himself, then I heard the scream again!.

I felt power surge inside me like never before and I didn't open the door but moved like a spirit through the wall and found myself standing before the monster himself!, he had a luxurious bed chamber and much treasure around but upon the bed lay he and two identical blond twin girls not twenty years of age as he ravished one I could see the death staring from her sisters eyes as he'd buried a silver dagger deep into her breast and lay upon the other poor child no doubt intent on killing her as well but this would not be I thought!.

I raised my arm toward the bed and by now I wasn't even recognizing my own powers this must be a dream but yet I continued and the bed began too shake violently and the count shoved the poor naked child he was molesting too the side and off the bed, he grabbed the dagger that he had thrust into her sisters chest and jumped up as though he would kill me but now my vengance was at its utmost and without touching him I grabbed him in midair and held him there while I walked toward him and he hung unable too move or scream suspended in minair, I took my outstretched and clinched it into a fist and the count screamed an unatural almost unEarthly scream as I collapsed his very body in upon him as I would crush paper in my hand.

Blood flowed from what appeared everything on him and as he still hung in midair his torso slowly began too wrinkle and draw up his legs could be heard breaking and snapping crumbling in toward his torso but his head I saved ,saved for last!, and I unleashed all my powers against him and suddenly like throwing a rock threw a glass window he exploded from inside out! and I held his life force in my hand!.

The one sister screaming the other lying dead upon the bed and I willed the life that he'd destroyed be brought back with his own! and the glowing bluish light I held in my hand drifted over toward the dead girl and into her and she gasphed and coughed the wound now healed upon her breast!.

I told the sisters simply "Run!", and I turned and followed them from the room and down the steps and outside and with one last bit of rage I brought this vile abomination down upon itself rising a huge cloud of dust as it fell!.

I saw the girls run threw the now open gates and I walked toward the well so very tired and thirsty and took a drink then slid down beside it and there I sat trying too rationalize what had just happened!.