News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Gypsy Tale

Started by SarviaRose, June 04, 2008, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarviaRose

Caitlyn fell back on to the ground taking Jasper with her. Jasper landed on top of her knocking the wind out of her.

"Jasper please tell me that is really you?"

A smile crossed his face and Caitlyn looked into his yes.

"OH thank the havens"

"You better believe it Cait I am back."

Jasper leaned down to kiss her. Caitlyn smiled and kissed him back.

"Oh no the hermit"

Jasper got up and helped Caitlyn up, the couple ran to Robert. Before they reached him he told them his news.

"He is gone Cait not like before but gone. He transferred his powers to me."

"Oh Robert I'm sorry"

Caitlyn hugged her older brother tight and him her.

"So Jasper you are back you better not do anything like that to Cait ever again. I don't know what Alzbeta was thinking."

"She knew what she was doing I may not have been able get all her memories but she saw my nightmares and knew Jasper would try to protect me. I will forgive her as she asked me to. Hopefully they are all at peace now."

"Come little sister lets head back to camp and to out next adventure."
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

NORSEMAN

We started back toward our gypsy camp but considering the situation Caitlyn and I used our powers too bring us back instantly, everyone was already up and about in the camp and someone asked when we'd be moving on and about the faire?.

I told them Caitlyn was they're leader I am just here but I too was ready too be gone from this place for too many things had happened here so we all decided too pull stakes and break camp and leave this foul land forever especially since I'd lost my friend and mentor the Hermit but I knew wherever he was he would be learning something new so with this I decided too remember him but morn him not.

We made good time and soon were well out of the mountains and down into well cared for lands mostly cultivated and growing just about anything from grapes too vegtables of every sort and our people were soon busy trading with the farmers for fresh produce, milk and cheese but by afternoon we were back on the road and had reach the crossing that lead toward Milan and the faire so we turned in that direction hoping too make good time upon this main road.

SarviaRose

"So Big Brother lets head to the faire in Italy. It will almost seem more like a vacation than what we have been doing."

Robert just laughed as this sister and headed to find someone to spend the evening with, leaving the couple to spend the night alone together.

Jasper watched Robert walk away and when he was out of sight he picked Cailtyn up and headed to their wagon as fast as he could.

"Cait you have no idea how it feel just to be able to touch you again. I could kill Vavrin for what he tired to do if he already hadn't been dead"

"Jasper it is okay Alzbeta also had a hand in it she figured the only way to get you to fight for control"

"It was still a dirty trick"

Caitlyn wrapped her hands around Jasper's neck and kissed him.

"But it worked."

A few hours later Caitlyn headed out of the wagon to check on everyone. She was wondering why Robert didn't want to be the leader but decided that he had his own reasons for what he did.

"Johnny make sure everyone is ready to head out in the morning we should be able to reach the faire in two days."

"Boy you have become bossy sister."

Cailtyn couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't worry little brother one day you may become the leader"

"Maybe, maybe not." Johnny smiled at his sister and ran off to help get everyone ready.

Cailtyn headed to Fenella's tent and wonder how she was doing now that the Hermit was gone. She lightly knocked on the door.

"Yes Cailtyn you can come in."

"How are you doing?"

"I am doing fine getting ready to head out on my own for awhile."

"What? We just lost the Hermit you can't leave us also."

"Oh Cait you have learned everything I can teach you. I know this life is coming to an end for me. I am not sad I have lived a great many years more than you think is possible but I have. I'm going to visit some of the place I have not been in years. If I don't see you before I pass into the shadow you will receive my powers just as Robert received the Hermits. These powers can not be taught. And one day you will pass them on to your children"

"Fenella you know I can't have children and I don't want you to leave"

"I think you are wrong and I am going to leave."

Cailtyn knew fighting with Fenella would not do any good so she hugged the old woman and told her to be safe.
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

NORSEMAN

I sat under a tree watching the scene before me and sipping a bottle of good maderia, I didn't have too ask my new powers told me already what was happening and Fenella was leaving, I think she wanted too follow the Hermit.

Everyone here was ready too get too the faire but somehow I didn't care if we went or not fore I had that strange little feeling that something was there I didn't want too meet up with and that usually signalled one of my former wives presence but now they will be surprised I have the powers too send them away!.

Oh God!, Caitlyn is now heading back too the wagon where Jasper is!, I don't believe I can tollerate the moans coming from there this night and since Johnny is in the other wagon with his new girl something dawned upon me!, the Hermits cave!, its still there in an alternate plane but still there so I began too attempt too gather my alcohol laden brain into a concentration and soon found myself there inside the old mans cave just as he'd left it.

There were books lining a shelf and I gazed at the old bindings but few held titles and I took one down from the shelf too find the hand written works of Plato himself! I replaced it and took another it was in egyptian and I started too put it back when suddenly I realized I can now read it!.

This book contained the family history of Tutmose king of Egypt and signed by his own scribe!, there were the collected works of the centuries!.

I turned too the workroom and found herbs, and ingredients beyond my wildest dreams, there were charms, amulets , tools and weapons of the greatest men of history!.

I must try this out I thought and I wandered toward a steaming pool I could see down one of the tunnels and found it too be a natural hot springs and judging by the signs it was where the Hermit had bathed!, I found a book of spells of how too call upon spirit servants and decided that since I've nothing better too do I called fourth four of the prettiest women of all history as listed in the book all at my command and ordered them too assist me with my bath, one has not live until Helen of Troy has scrubbed your back, Cleopatra massaged my feet, Guinevere of Camelot massaged my ooooh other things! and a former Queen of China served me from a golden tray.

I asked them that how such prominent women were too serve someone so lowly as I and they replied they were not the original people but simply magic and better than the real ones so this I accepted and decided too just enjoy my bath!, after all I had all night long too live like a king!.

NORSEMAN

Like the melting snow of winter in the warm sun my night of entertainment came too an end all too soon and I realized that the daylight was long up and the others back at camp will be furious with me so I went back there only too find the camp completely cleared out and everyone long gone.

I began looking around and the wagon tracks were washed out by rains and the ground wasn't even wet!, oh there were signs of them being there it just looked as if they'd left long long ago!.

I wasn't worried for I was well able too take care of myself but more curios than anything!, why had everyone left without me?.

I enjoyed the sunshine and felt like a walk since my horse had been taken with the others so I found a long dry branch too use as a staff and began walking back down toward the main road and there I found it too be surprisingly busy! there were several wagons and others coming from the direction of Milan and I hailed too these people "Why do you head away from the great faire?".

The people looked at me in disbelief!, then laughed a kind of funny laugh and thinking I was joking they really laughed!.

I didn't mind them laughing but again I was completely lost at their merryment! I asked again "why do you come from Milan?".

One of them an old man spoke and said "you do not know do you?", I answered him telling him I'd been travelling for a long time toward the faire and become seperated from my friends and now I'm on my way toward Milan and the faire!".

He spoke again and said "My son late you are!, the faire has ended two days past!", I questioned him further and he claimed he'd seen the knife throwers and acrobats as well as the woman Caitlyn but they were moving NorthWest as last he seen them and thr faire is long over! for thats where they return from!.

This vexed me greatly!, I thanked the old man for his kindness and bid them a safe journey fore I needed time too think!, what had I done?, somehow in all my prowling about the Hermits cave I had lost at least two weeks!.

I walked back toward the old camp and there sat down in the sun and made a fire still in shock over what has happened!, I had managed too travel in time!.

NORSEMAN

I sat there by my fire under a large oak tree for a long time I suppose for when I awoke it was already dark and there was a strange but very pleasant music playing all about me!.

I looked about too find a fairy circle had formed and they danced about me, these beautiful but miniscule women were entrancing and pleasing too watch as they froliced back and fourth round the fire and me, I manifested fourth a tray of milk and honey cakes too feed my guests of which they all indulged but yet several looked very troubled and asked too take cakes and milk too their sister fairy who was very ill and dying!.

This troubled me greatly and I could not help but ask what vexes her?, why is she ill?.

The fairies exclaimed that was actually the reason they'd come too me for I replaced the Hermit and he helped them aand others of their kind they hoped I would continue this as well and hoped their dance would please me and I would heal and avenge their sister, to this I agreed instantly to try all I could too heal her and several immediately took off and brought back a tiny litter upon which laid the little frail body of the stricken fairy.

What has happened too this child asked I?, they replied they liked too dance nearby where once an ancient well had stood but now it was long disappeared and a farmer grows corn there he doesn't like us too dance in his field he thinks we harm his crops but we never harm anything and he has confronted us several times and agreed to let us play there if we'd grant him wishes! we explained we were not Jinn but faires and cannot grant wishes but he claimed we lied too him and he began setting traps too catch us and failed many times finally he seeked out a witch who gave him a special goblet lined inside with Iron and he filled it with milk and left it for us too drink and our sister drank of this and became deathly ill before we knew what it was!.

I already knew the effects of Iron on faires and thought it a simple thing too draw this metal from her since magic has much in common with magnetism and I held my hands over her tiny body  and began too draw the poison from her and I knew it was working for I could taste the iron in my own mouth!.

At long last the taste stopped and the tiny little fairy began too revive, the knowledge the Hermit had passed too me served me well for I knew just what potion too give her too remedy her completely and I called fourth from the shelf in the cave for a clay jar inside it was the pureist dew from the first second of the first minute of the first day of May collected before it touched the ground and stored inside this jar with a crystal from the beginning of time and I handed the potion too the faries and said give this too her and they took the petal of a flower as a spoon and fed the potion too the ailing child and she immediately smiled and sat up and they faires danced with delight.

But my rage at the farmer who'd done this was growing that he'd destroy such a child of nature as this was unthinkable punishment must be given too him I thought and I asked the faires of him and who lives with him?.

They said he lives with his wife and two children!, so I cannot harm this creature least I harm his innocent wife and children but I still had a plan and I called fourth from the shelf again for a bigger jug and bid the faires I shall avenge you without harming the mans family but you must help and they said they would!.

I told them too go too the man when he is in a deep sleep and take some hairs but keep them seperate!, then take some from his wife and children and these can be carried together but not with his and they all flew away toward the farm as I worked more upon the potion of vengance before me and in what seemed a few minutes the faires were back with the hairs as I was finishing grinding up some iron ore stone and I took the farmers hair and dropped it into the jug then I poured sulpher, caster oil, vinegar, the ground iron ore and place the stopper back in the jug and shook it well realizing there was something else it needed and again I called fourth from the shelf for the "stench of death" and poured a small amount into the jug and shook it up again, then I bound the hairs from his wife and children in the leaf of an olive tree tying it with athread of gold and had the faires each kiss the bundle too give it they're blessing and then I dropped it inside and shook it all well until mixed.

The faires sat and watched and asked "What will this do?", I said this is a potion of vengance but since the farmer has a wife and child I cannot harm them so with your blessing they will remain safe from this vengance we will place upon the farmers field for the next year all he grows including his milk cows , corn, vegtables and all wild animals that eat of this field shall taste too him like rotten flesh and smell strongly of death but only too this wretch his family shall not taste anything and find the crops especially sweetened by your fary kisses!, they jumped with joy but asked "It won't kill him will it?".

No replied I it shall nurish his body as usual but unpleasant this food shall taste too the day one year from now!, does this vengance appease the faries?.

They all gigled and replied yes!, so then I must call fourth something too deliver this potion upon the field for it has Iron in it and faries cannot touch it so I called fourth a homeless spirit and gave him the vision of death too show before the farmer and told him too pour this upon the rows in his fields then give a ghostly warning that he has toyed with things he knows nothing of or can ever understand and so for one year your taste shall be that of death no matter what food you consume then this curse shall lift but if you harm anything else not of this realm I shall make the vengance permanent and imprison you within a cage of ice for eternity and sent them all fourth too complete this deed.

I felt a certain satisfaction at being able too continue the work of the Hermit and decided too return too the cave in the nether realm where I was determined too learn this power I know commanded.

NORSEMAN

The possibility of the magic too be produced inside of the cave is immense, I immersed myself in reading and soon had a much better grasp of the overall thing one needed too know I even discovered my mistake with the time portal in the cave but decided too return and check upon the faires before I fixed the loss of time for myself.

I went back too my oak and the fire there still burned it seems time can be altered at a whim from the cave, the faires were nowhere too be seen but I knew the spirit I'd instructed too carry out my vengance potion would return there when finished so I sat down and leaned against the Oak too wait.

I began too doze off when suddenly I felt a tug at my tunic and opened my eyes too see before me a beautiful wood nymph standing there before me smiling and she said she was happy that I'd helped the children of nature and she felt I was trustworthy.

I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about so I just played along and listened as she went on about the forest and their homes there until finally she came too the point and said the reason I awoke you is that there is an evil thing coming oh not for you personally but for the Hermit!.

She said that he often head helped the nature children and that he'd banished a certain witch who wanted revenge against him, she said she would come in a form that would be like that of a fairy no doubt but be wary of her shes bargined with unnatural spirits and has obtained a great weapon too use against you!.

I thanked the little wood nymph and she giggled and danced off into the forest, I suppose the Hermit did make enemies from time too time and I thought I must be keenly aware of everything now for the witches deception would be nearly perfect and not long did I have too wait until again I heard a rustling in the brush too my right so out of precaution I tossed three iron nails upon the ground in that direction and waited.

Soon a lone fairy leaped out of the brush and waved too me so I waved back and she came toward me and said the there was a squrriel with a thorn in its foot near the spring and she'd pulled the thorn out but its foot was infected and she asked if I had anything too heal it so I rubbed my chin deep in thought not about the cure but about the fact that this fairy had just walked over three iron nails!.
So I said I have it! and called fourth a longnecked beaker from the cave shelf and inside it I placed one tiny seed and stuck it tightly against the bottom of the beaker and manifested it before the both of us!.

Now playing along with the witch in disguise I said "Oh my theres but one seed left inside this beaker and luckily we need only one too make our potion!", so I turned the beaker upside down and shook it and of course the seed was glued in place so it never bulged!, I banged it on the ground but still the seed stayed in place and at long last I said how unfortunate I'm not small enough too go inside and get it for we need it too complete this!.

The witch grew more and more irritated with every move until finally she said "If I go in and get it can you finish this potion?", I said yes of course!.

So she stripped her clothing off and things and left them upon the ground and slipped inside the long necked beaker and went too the bottom!, I quickly corked the top with a cork engraved with the seal of Solomon upon it and trapped the old witch tightly inside and once this happened her clothes and things returned too normal form of a witch and she peered menacingly from inside at me but I knew she could not escape!, I searched her things and found a poison given her by those of the never world and these things I sent back too the cave for safety and thus I had defeated the witch and now again waited upon the faires too return!.

NORSEMAN

At long last the faires returned giggling and happy with the revenge they'd been able too place upon the farmer, the stricken fairy was now up and fully recovered I bid them goodbye and they went off into the forest and by this time the spirit I'd disguised as death returned and I also returned it too its usual form and from curiosity I asked him of his life.

He told me in life he'd been a personal guard too a foul king who had once travelled these woods and they'd stopped very near here and were resting, he'd been awake for a day and a half under the kings excessive demands of tasks upon him and he had some quite time and sat down underneath this very tree too sleep a little.

The King as his usual manner was had a table set up and intended too have lunch and called for a banquet type of affair when he'd notices a cheese wheel that was in his luggage wasn't there and he became irrate!, acussing everyone of its theft and frustarted by being unable too disclose the thief he turned too me his bodyguard and said "You've failed at your work and were asleep, the Kings cheese was stolen and you slept!, this is treason against the King for the Kings food is as much the King as his arm or leg so by dereliction of futy I sentence you too death!.

He had the other retainers tie me down and then ordered my head chopped off!, the men who were there were very nervous and it took seven blows too remove his head and he died a terrible death and has been there ever since walking the woods looking for that damned cheese wheel.

I told him of my sorrow over his ordeal and further told him I knew not what too do too remedy this but I can offer him another position if he's tired of this existance which he readily agreed too being seemingly unable too leave these woods so I offered too take him too my cave in the nether realm and there he could be my guard while I was away and perhaps later I could figure how too release him from this living death he seemed permanently doomed too.

So I took him with me too the neverworld cave and placed him in a small cavern for himself off the main room of the cave but warned him never too leave the tunnels running out from the cave for they open upon different planes and not even I knew for certain what lay beyond them, you can walk too the opening and peer into this realm but you'll find each exit different and of the seven tunnels one exits into a blackness so deep that you can physically feel the darkness and of it I have suspicions of that plane but had rather not discuss them now, have no fear the things beyond cannot enter the tunnels and you are safe least you exit one.

I noticed when we reached the cave that the spirit had become more solid and more human like and almost seemed too have substance but in this realm things of this sort are far from odd and I led him too his new home and granted him run of the entire cave but again warned him never too leave!.

He seemed happy here and there was plenty too eat and drink I thought if thats what ghosts might do! and lastly I handed him the sword of Merlin I'd recieved from the Hermit himself and I told him "This sword is the sword of Merlin the magician and it has magic itself so it can be a great help too you", he examined the blade and I told him it was made from the iron from a meteor during a time when magic ruled the world use it too protect the cave and yourself, it cannot be broken or lost and if left laying about it returns too its place upon the wall.

He smiled and seemed happy looking at the books and things here in the cave, but again I warned him this cave is all magic it exists in an alternate plane so don't tinker with the spells contained in these books there are plenty of nonmagic too read, guard this place well for me and I shall take great care of you and if danger lurks the sword of Merlin will bring itself too you! , so he retired too his room and I suddenly remembered the witch I'd imprisoned inside the beaker so I removed it from my pouch and she glared at me menacingly but I told her I had plans for her and replaced her inside the bag and now if I have my caluculations right this time when I return too the group they should be on the outskirts of Milan and no doubt my sister is highly upset withmy absence so I wished myself there and soon found myself upon the main road leading into Milan and around the curve beyond me came Caitlyn and Jaspers wagon!.

I knew from the look on her face she was unhappy with me so I smiled at her and soon her frown turned into a smile and my little sister jumped down and ran too me!.

NORSEMAN

I rode with my sister and Jasper on into Milan and its a very old and beautiful place there, the town has a Romanesque influence upon it and much trade moves through heading toward the West of Europe.

Today was some saints day in Milan and a great carnival was taking place along the central square of the city and most everyone wore masks and danced about, I almost fell out of the wagon seat when I saw one of the ladies along the carnival line expose her breast too the cheers of the others around and they threw her beads and candies, everyone was half drunk and the entire place was very carefree and overshadowed the actual faire taking place on the Western side of town.

As the wagons inched along through the crowds many women ran past us flashing they're breasts and giggling and I turned too Caitlyn and she turned red and said "Don't even think about it!".

There was a caravan making its way through from far too the East and it was very interesting too see them with the camels they used and the colorful costumes everyone seemed too be wearing.

As usual Johnny was discusted with me for not being there too help him with our wagon but his girl seemed too be a permanent resident there now and he didn't complain much, I too cared not fore I can easily go too the cave in the Netherworld and I wanted too show this too Caitlyn but much was going on right now and I was intent too wait until later too show it too her.