News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Gypsy Tale

Started by SarviaRose, June 04, 2008, 09:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NORSEMAN

The dawn broke clear and cold, frost glistening upon the trees and refreezing the snow still lying in the shadows, the spartan breakfast was served and the men were rallied to go too the practice field.

I was intent on training young Cait this morning when the men came running back very excited yelling "theres a man, theres a man there!".

I quickly finished strapping on my leather gear and chain mail, sword, dagger, axe and shield, finally taking up my spear I walked too my horse already saddled by the men and prancing merrily in the morning cold and mounted him.

Stearnly I prodded him and began to head toward the open ground where the man was seen.

The sun already peeping over the mountains behind us and gave me good luck at being in my back as I headed unto the field where behold there before me sat a fully armored knight, he had a penant I did not recognize but that armor I readily knew it was the armor of Count Frederich, killed upon the jousting fields of Alsance by a uncultered man of war who fought only for gold.

He lowered his lance and saluted me which I returned, then he moved into position as too be as much out of the direct shining sun as possible during his ill prepared charge but I gave him little room to manuver and made ready myself.

Quick as the wind he spurred his horse and headlong charged me, the horse throwing up frozen clods of dirt behind him, I spurred my mount as well and with a great grunt it charged the oncoming rider, I intentionally veered off trying too keep the sun directly behind me and in his eyes.

We both now riding full gallop struck each others shields when my lance head broke off in his shield, his only glancing against my own, we then ended the charge on opposite ends of the field and now I had the sun before me for the next charge and he wasted no time too recover and begin his.

Only this time I had no lance so I drew my sword and held my shield twice as tightly charging forward into the certain death he offered from his lance and suddenly I was directly before him but this time his lance again only bounced off the hard Northern wood and steel of my own shield and again I lived for another round ending on my original side of the field.

The knight again wasted no time in recovering and began his third charge, I was fortified that I'd survived the one charge with no lance I could do it again and in a split second we were upon each other but this time his lance shattered against my shield with splinters flying this way and that shooting one like a arrow through my forearm causing me to drop my sword but at least his lance was now finished as we both charged into the outskirts of the field ends he turned but instead of charging he stopped and eyed me no doubt thinking he would have me head at this round!.

Then he spurred his own horse forward while drawing his sword and bore down upon me at full gallop but this time things would not be as easy for him as before he didn't have the reach of the twelve foot lance and as I also charged fourth he slashed with his sword striking dully upon my heavy shield and this time I struck back with my battle axe against the exposed right arm of the brute.

The axe bit hard and I could feel the bones smashing under its heavy weight and upon reaching the end of the field I turned too see his own horse and saddle now turning red with the blood spurts from his arm and this tiny piece of meat still connecting it too his remaining flesh.

He obviously sick from the attack slid down from his saddle and kneeled upon the ground beside his horse, I rode amid field and recovered my dropped sword and bade him "Yield!", at this he cursed me stood back up and drew a crossbow from his saddle with his left hand and fired a bolt that thudded hard and solid against my shield.

I again bade him "Yield!, yield or die!", this seemed only too infuriate him and he grabbed his own axe with his left hand and ran toward me in a desperate attempt to gain victory but his fate was sealed and his hatred for me blinded him and he swung his axe too quickly and opened his entire right side too an attack , this time I didn't hesitate but swung my own great sword now back in my hands and caught his helmet at near chin level, his head fell backwards and what was left stood there for a second before falling to the ground.

This was a double victory for me, not only had I overcome this for but I now had redeemed the bloodied armor of my old commander Count Frederich, it also now gave me a new purpose the one of tracking down this lord that hired others too kill for him suddenly it became personal!.

I looked around and the gypsies were lining the field completely silent, I yelled too them "Get practicing!"

SarviaRose

Jasper was not sure how he felt about the stranger giving me lesson on how to fight but after I explained that I did not want to run and hide as I had done from Lord Harrington he knew he was going to lose the argument with me. I also joked with him telling him he wasn't my father or my husband. This made him upset he tired to hide it from me but I knew him better than that and I immediately regretted saying it. I knew he wanted to be my husband and I would be happy to be his wife but I was already married and I wasn't sure how this would complicate things between us or if the gypsies even counted my marriage to the Lord as valid anyway however; there where other things on my mind right now like learning how to fight.

I gave Jasper a kiss as he headed out for training with the stranger and I turned to talk with my family about my training.

"Mom and Dad, the stranger has agreed to train me in fighting both defense and attack. I know you might not like it but I feel like it is something I should do."

"Cait, we agree you need training in fighting and more but your other training will have to wait for Fenella to come back. We can teach you basics of our magic, both your Mother and I and well Johnny and Molly all have a little magic even Jasper does but we don't have near the amount that you have."

I stared at my father in surprise, could he tell that time was running out and that we where going to have to fight before any of us planed. I thought back to my talk with my mother just days ago and she was agaist anything that would take time away from them.

"Cait, don't look so surprised. I wish we would have more time to be just a family but I can see that is not going to happen."  Louise said and turned to George nodding.

"Caitlyn, these belonged to the last Sharrafi Kralyissa and now they belong to you. We have kept it know you would need a weapon more than staff."

I watched as my dad handed me a dagger and with even more surprise a sword like none I have ever seen. It looked like it was from a different world.

"Dad I don't know how to use these and I am not sure the stranger will be happy about teaching me sword play. I am no knight nor do I know how to be the Sharrafi Kralyissa."

My dad hugged me close and smiled. "Cait, you will do fine. Fenella will be back soon and she will start training you also. I hope the stranger will help you but if not I feel that the sword does not forget and it may come back."

I looked down at the weapons and frowned I was feeling more confused than even . I just wanted to be able to defend myself and family if needed. I could see Jasper running back to us he stopped and stared at my hands there was a look of apprehension in his face but he didn't say anything instead he told us about the knight that was here to challenge the stranger.

I watched in amazement at what transpired in front of my, the amount of skill that both strangers had was outstanding I couldn't believe my eyes. It was clear to me that we all would need more training to even have a chance if there where more people like this coming after use and in my head I knew it was us it was me they where after. Again the thought of leaving my family for their safety came to my mind. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the stranger yell to the men to practice. I looked down at the knight and wondered if I would ever be able to kill someone if I had to. I watch Jasper and a few other men go and take the fallen knights things, Jasper took his sword and I saw Chad take his axe.

I frowned and headed toward the stranger to show him what I was given and to ask if he would still train me. He looked angry but I didn't know why. When I got close he asked me to tell him about Lord Harrington. I asked him to follow me to a place where we could sit and be alone for the most part and told him all I knew about Lord Harrington. He seemed upset when I told him about the pain he inflected on me and on Jenny. I continued the story up to when Jenny came to us. I also told him about that there was someone named Marynia also looking for me but Fenella would need to tell us both about her.

"So stranger am I to just call you stranger? I know you have told us you have no name but what would you like me to call you?
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

SarviaRose

Lord Harrington woke up next to a young women and pushed her out of the bed, she turned and looked him but just sighed he wouldn't be there much longer and if he was the owner would kick him out. Harold got out of bed and started to dress he was going to head home for awhile and try to think of a new plan. Twice how he had sent people to bring Caitlyn back to him the first group disappeared and the second just one person had not been gone yet but something told him he also failed at the task. Harold throw some coins at the girls who was now at her vanity brushing out her hair, she just scowled at him secretly wishing he would never come back.

Harold made it back to his manor by midday nothing had changed other than a few more servants where gone, his temper was getting worse the longer Caitlyn was missing. His butler greeted him and told him that someone had stopped by wanting to talk to him about a week or so past and that they would be back. The butler could not give him much information about the person as if details about them had been erased. Harold just waved him and headed towards his study. He needed a new plan to get his wife back, his wicked smile returned to his face as he thought about what he was going to do to Caitlyn when he had her back.

NORSEMAN

The girl asked my name and a flood of emotions ran through me, my name I asked?, why I hardly remember my name any more, I've used so many over the years and I really don't know my last name etal but my name is Robert.

She looked at me with saddness almost realizing the trouble I'd seen in my lifetime and suddenly I wanted too tell her, tell someone, but then I regained my composure and I buried it and buried it deep fore as long as I controlled this anger this power gained from strife it kept me shielded from the world and all in it.

Yes my young one, I'll train you and I took up the sword she carried, it was a marvelous light and sharp sword, not a large heavy sword meant too hack things to pieces.

It was a sword made for a woman and a woman of some wealth, the hilt was covered in symbols I took to be incantations of protection and a large ruby was embedded in the pommel but most strange of all is its weight, it wasn't very heavy and the metal of the blade was odd it was like one I'd seen before a sword of a socerer and its very blade was forged from a meteorite that fell to Earth from Heaven.
But enough of this!.

Now to practice!, I decided since she had a sword, let her learn it!.

I bent back a green sapling about the thickness of your thumb and bade her, this is a swordsman coming at you defend yourself or he'll defeat you, and before she was ready I released it.
It struck her about the face with its tiny limbs leaving red marks that I knew would not be forgotten, she hated me instantly!.

But again and again we tried until finally she was cutting through the saplings before they even got near hitting her!, "pain teaches well!", I said.

Next you shall learn a new trick!, one strick isn't enough you must kill your opponet, this time cut it as normal and spin around bringing the sword down upon its stump.

First she missed altogether then after a while it was mostly glancing hits then finally after most of the day the point I wanted was reached, she could cut the sapling and spilt the trunk dead center and quick enough too be deadly very deadly.

Next I told her upon a horse, no not your own for cavalry often rides horses with no ears!, she looked at me but said nothing and mounted an old gypsy mule.

We made our way into the forest and I made a game of pulling back branches and letting them go toward her, soon she could stop them all and now she was very happy, but poor mule he was minus the tip of an ear but I don't think he used it anyway!.

Now let us return too camp!.
"

NORSEMAN

On the way back too camp I got the deffinate smell of bacon roasting upon a spit, I knew at once what it was but never mentioned it too young Cait I led her back to the camp and took my time at doing several things until she'd unsaddled and went inside and I remounted and headed back toward the smell of the bacon.

If it were as I figured it was the squire or squires of the knight I'd killed, they couldn't leave for quite some time after he failed too return else he might be drunk in a tavern somewhere and would beat them for breaking camp without his telling them too.

I made my way quietlt through the forest hardly snapping a twig with each footfall, it took me several tries too find the camp as the smell was now gone but luckily at last I heard laughter faintly in the blowing wind I changed my course and soon found myself at the bank of a small river, the single set of tracks of the knights warhorse still imprinted in the mud and again I heard talking ahead but still somewhat off.

I turned the horse and headed quietly up river for some distance and finding another spot I crossed and began making my way back along it on the oppossite side and again the voices were heard too my right so I rode back off in a semi circle around them locating them upon a small rise of land.

There were two men one a servant and the other a squire but oddly enough there was a girl there as well!.

The day had been long and I was tired but mostly hungry so I decided upon making short work of this lot and spending the night in they're cozy little camp so I spurred the horse and bolted into the middle of the camp.

I rammed the servant with my horse knocking him headlong over and throught the fire, then the squire drew a sword and ran at me from the horse I had the advantage of hight and as he attempted to strike up at me I cleaved down upon him with my battleaxe nearly completely splitting his upperhalf a third of the way down he crumpled and fell where he died.

I swung down out of the saddle and headed toward the girl and servant, she seemed determined too kill me!, but I was hardly afraid considering the old knife she came at me with I simply stood there and let her strike three times against my armor with the old relic knowing all the time it was useless then with a swing of my left armor studded glove I gave her a good smack sending her backward and out of the way, she laid there motionless but the servant was rousing up now.

Speak for your death be near!, I told him.

He pleaded "don't kill me sir!, I and this girl are all thats left of a hamlet the evil knight and his two squires attacked yesterday and he kept me for a servant the girl he kept too nurse one of his fallen squires who died just this morning! spare us please!".

I thought too myself maybe this is a chance I've looked for, so when the girl roused up both readily agreed upon they're own a oath of loyalty too me if I'd spare them and protect them from others.
I liked this it made me feel like a Lord myself besides the girl didn't look half bad so I ordered the man to drag the carcass out of camp and refix our fire the girl I told too begin a meal but both was still afraid the knight would return I never told them he was dead but boasted what I'd do too such a cowardly villian for molesting them and they're people!, they smiled and readily served me and the food the knight had was good as well!.

I will return too the gypsy camp on the morrow but tonight I'm living like a real Lord!.

SarviaRose

I was very happy that I know had a name to call the stranger. He seemed surprised at the sword but he agreed to teach me how to use it. I knew Jasper may not be very happy at the new bruised I developed over the course of training and I could only hope that Robert happy with the pace. I didn't know how fast it was suppose to take to learn how to use a sword properly.

I was getting angry when we headed back towards camp he kept sending branches at me but it didn't take me long to figure out that he was still training me. The poor mule was getting upset but it did a good job I started to make plans to get a horse for myself, it became clearer to me each day that I was going to have to fight and learning as much as I could was part of my plan.

We reached camp but I could tell that Robert has noticed something that I didn't after I unsaddled the poor mule he left again. I didn't worry about his safety I was sure he was strong than who ever he may meet out there. I made my way to my family's wagon and noticed that they had set up more tents in the camp, we must be planning to stay here until Fenella comes back I knew we where not at the winter camp yet.  Jasper seemed to have a sixth sense about where I was I had no more been able to see him when he turned and came to greet me.

"How did training go Cait?" He asked as he brushed some of my hair out of my face and then ran one of his fingers down my cheek where there was still a welt.

"I think it went well, I really don't know how long it is suppose to take."

This made Jasper laugh, he lead me to the bonfire and someone handed me food. I could see my mother and father looking at me and they looked worried. My parents came to join Jasper and I as I eat my food.

I hope Fenella will be back soon I feel like something has awakened in me and with out guidance I could become more of danger to my family and friends.

"Cait, we are going to stay here a little longer we have set up tents so we are not all cramped in the wagon." My dad said. "I hope you don't mind sharing one with Jasper, Molly and Chad."

I was a little surprised at this because of my Gorgiken upbringing but I also knew that Molly and Chad where to be married soon. Still sharing a room with Jasper made me nervous. Thoughts of Lord Harrington came flooding back and I  involuntary shuddered at the memories. I felt Jasper's arms around me he whispered to me that it would be okay.

"Yes dad that is okay. I have learned how to use to sword Robert agreed to teach me."

"Robert?" George replied back.

"The stranger, it is the name he wishes to be called. I feel stronger know that if I have to I will be able to defend myself."  I didn't want to tell my father that I knew I was going to have to fight as much as he doesn't want me to.

This seemed to case him and my mother to go quiet. I finished eating and asked Jasper if he would like to go on a walk with me. As we got up to go my mother got up and gave me a hug.
"I will leave some clothes in the tent for you."

"Thank you mom." I gave her a kiss on the check and turned to my father and gave him one also.

"You two enjoy yourselves and be safe." My father said I could hear Molly and Jenny laughing as I took one of Jasper's hands and started towards the edge of camp.

We walked in silence until we reached the stream. There was a log that went over it created a bridge I sat down on it and took off my shoes and placed them in the water.

"Oh that's cold" Jasper laughed and joined me on the log. "Do you know why they are allowing us to sleep in the same tent? I know things are different hear than I am use to but I still don't understand everything fully."

"They consider us a couple betrothed even as Molly and Chad are."

"But I'm already married Jasper." I interrupted.

"That doesn't matter to us or to me, Cait. You could be heavy with child and it wouldn't matter to me."

I didn't know how to respond to that, I sat just staring at him. "Jasper, I still don't think I understand full. But I will stay in the tent with you, my sister and Chad."

This caused Jasper to kiss me and wrap his arms around me tightly.

"Do you have magic also, Jasper? I know Fenella has magic and I think I do also."

"I do we all do to some extent. Fenella as the most but we don't know what to expect from you yet. I have more than most and your sister has a little less than I do but the magic she has is very specific as is mine."

We continued to talk until the moon was high in the sky and I grew cold. Jasper's has lent me his coat but he was getting cold also. We finally decided to head back to camp. We reached the tent and he took my hand and lead me in.

NORSEMAN

The night was cold, my belly was full and my thirst was quenched, during the night the girl came too me to show her appreciation she was warm and soft I made love too her and laid back drinking from the wine bota and soon slipped into a deep sleep.

When I awoke it was already past daylight and I doubt I'd have awaken then but that smell!, that beautiful smell!, the maid was making eggs and bacon over the fire.

Suddenly I almost jumped out of bed when a thud crashed down behind me but it was just the man servant he'd cut wood and brought it into camp, the maid gave him a plate and he took it and walked away from camp, she brought me hot water too wash with and had laid out clean clothes belonging too the knight for me too wear.

I was almost not sure I wasn't dreaming still but then she shoved a plate of breakfast before me and asked if I wanted her too help me dress, I wanted her for something but right now dressing seemed appropriate.

I talked too her and asked her what her name was, she said "Megan" and she was a Celt, caputred in war and forced into slavery.

I asked her about last night she smiled and said not too worry that she was a mans maid servant and now she was mine so it was her duty too keep me happy!, suddenly I realized the rich had it much better than I'd actually thought!.

I finished dressing and both of them stood before me, I asked the meaning of this and she smiled and said we await your orders my lord, I looked around and saw two horses there I told them too break camp that I lived with some gypsies a few miles too the East and we'd go there.

In a flash the camp was broke down and loaded upon one of the horses, Megan asked if I'd like her too ride before me or with george so I pulled her young slender figure up before myself and thought this is a ride I can enjoy, George followed behind and I found myself so taken with the whole situation that I rode completely around the gypsy camp before I realized I'd missed it!.

I found a place on a small rise near the clear stream and told them too set up camp there, they asked if I wanted the tent set up?, why of course!, said I loving every minute of this.

I then set out the short distance too the gypsy camp, I knew they'd be worried.

NORSEMAN

I reached the gypsy camp and they seemed confused as to what too be doing but I suggested too them that half do work this morning and half practice for battle then after lunch they switch as too much was being left undone.

This morn is the day I reveal my secret weapon!, Cait!, instead of taking her alone into the forest to practice today I brought her along with the men.
Many of them laughing at the girl who thinks shes a soldier but I'd already told her to say nothing just use the anger they give you in jest against them when the time comes, store it like water in a great barrel then when you need it burst it open and let it devour them.

I'd taught her special I knew she already was better than they who mock her for they are but poor gypsies and will never make excellent soldiers but she is of different stock!.

Once upon the cleared field we used I made a proposition too the men!, your training will be over when you can beat this girl, each smiling and full of confidence stood ready in turn too fight her then each in turn she defeated with little effort gaining a great confidence and giving them a sence of want too practice even harder which is what I'd intended and it wasn't long before the men who were defeated divided into groups and practiced twice as hard and the men who were supposed too be working had shown up in utter amazement at the girl who beats them all!!!.

All was merriment when the birds on the tree line suddenly flew from something and out of the forest staggered a small thing no bigger than an a boy, we all stood watching until I realized it was old George the servant!.

I rushed fourth covering the ground quickly between us thinking my own camp had been attacked but poor George soon dispelled that, he said he was chopping wood when Megan brought him a drink suddenly he felt dizzy and sick and she laughed and said did you think I'd let you betray our dead master?, did you think you'd serve his killer as he?, I bided my time and will kill him at supper you old man are just in the way so you will die now!.
Then she left me laughing all the time, I'd have died then no doubt but I got very sick and threw up half the vile thing she'd brought me and come too warn you great lord.

At this the old mans eyes rolled back and his breathing stopped, I looked toward the gypsies and they assured me they'd take care of his body but go tend too the witch and this I fully intended doing!.

I left them and rode slowly through a different path in the forest that she'd not seen me use before and stopped well outside the camp where she was obviously preparing travelling items in a large leather bag, near me on the far side of the forest she'd already saddled the other horse and had it ready all she need do was kill me and report this all too Harrington!, well its going too prove a little harder than that I thought.

I made my way back through the forest and then took the usual trail from the gypsy camp back toward my own camp I could smell something delicious cooking and I was already very hungry, I rode into camp and she came running toward me saying "Oh lord oh lord how I'd missed you, pray eat well then take me into your tent and love me!" I smiled and played along with this ruse of hers and sat on a log by the fire as she dished out a large helping of thick stew in a plate and brought it toward me.

She sat down beside me and hung upon me as a woman in love but she didn't realize the passion in me had died long ago upon the fields of battle and that nothing remain but a suit of armor worn by what was once a man but now I kill as surely as an infernal machine of war, like a catapult that if it was yours and you were going to fire it against your enemy but got in the way it would kill you as well!.

I took the wooden spoon and dug deep into the savory dish but instead of eatting it I held the spoon up to her and bade "Good lady partake of your own dish fore the first fruits of your labor shall be yours!", she knocked the dish out of my hand in horror and jumped updrawing a small jeweled dagger from her cleavage but I easily caught her arm with her first strike and pulled her down too her knees spinning her around with her back too me I slowly forced the blade of her own dagger up as she begged and pleaded her loyalty from then on , but my ears were closed and she had sealed her own fate and I forced the dagger up under her pretty chin and slid the sharp blade along her flesh feeling the warmth of her lifes blood flowing across my hand as the blade slid out the other side.

I shoved what was left of her life headlong into the roaring fir upon the spit holding the poison stew, she twitch  a bit as she burned then went still, I made my way round camp picking up all that she might had poisioned and tossed into the fire ontop her carcass then I rode back too the gypsies and told them take what you want from that camp, the blankets, pots but mund no food for its poisioned, leave only my horses ,weapons and belongings too me.

I then rode away I was sick of people and needed time too myself deep in the woods.

NORSEMAN

As usual it never took long for my moods too change once I got into the forest I felt much better even though I was wondering aimlessly and I soon ended up at the old camp of the knight and then continued further and further deep into the forest until it started too climb up into the mountain.

I hesitated for a moment but then like a leaf in the wind I blew forever onward up and into a small pass leading through the towering peaks I was lost in their magesty and beauty before I realized I'd ridden so far I was completely through the pass and deep within the woods on the other side of the mountain.

I don't know how long I'd been gone but little cared, onward I travelled coming to a couple farms lying deep back into the forest of these I rode far around even though peasant farmer held no danger too me they could still tell others of my presense.

I soon found myself on a high escarpment overlooking a valley, it was beautiful and green but mostly I noticed the coach road that snaked around the valley my thoughts begin too wander too the rich travellers aboard the coaches and a smile come too my face, this is a good spot I thought and I began my preparations.

I took the two sets of spare clothes I had in my bag and made reasonable men stuffed with leaves and straw, these I hid showing just enough clothing too make someone think there were three of us, one I placed too the far side of the road in a large bush with a sharpened stick held as a spear the other I put upon the rise above the road and gave too him a three foot long bent stick that resembled a bow very much!.

Thus prepared I located a mid sized tree beside the road and chopped it nearly half into, I'd finish this once I saw the coach coming and thus with my gang of bandits we'd rob the rich and keep it!.

I was nearly four hours time before the first coach appeared as a dusty spot in the valley below, I took my axe and finished chopping the tree that fell completely across the road then replaced my axe in the saddle loop and took my bow and arrows for what seemed nearly an hour before the chunkey coach clattered too a stop before my road block the two drivers got down too move the log and left they're weapons in the seat so nows my queue to begin my act!.

I stepped forward unseen too the coach passengers and ordered the drivers to drop they're purses which they complied and then told them too remove the passengers from the compartment and say nothing of my presence lest you regret it if you live!.

They quickly scurried around the coach and ordered the passengers out, there were four women and two men and them seemed as thought they were thinking of jumping me until I turned and called too my friend dummy upon the rise and told him too shoot the first who moved!.

Upon looking up too him they all reached high into the air, then I called to my other friend dummy too watch the other side of the coach and I heard one whisper "My God theres dozens of them!".

It was no great feat too dispell any thoughts of them hiding the valuables upon they're person fore I told them that those who don't contribute shall arrive at the next destination nude!, at this they all threw purses and jewels into the road before me.

I asked one of the ladies too do me the honor of picking up my loot and placing it into a sack for this I returned her beloved broach and stole a kiss from her more the desireable lips!, now grab the weapons out of the drivers seat and toss them over the edge of the road where they fell deep into the brush about 20 foot below, at this she returned too me and offered another kiss and I bade her farewell.

I ordered the drivers too cut loose two of the six horses pulling the coach which they did knowing this would slow them down considerably getting too the next village and help, but first I ordered them too get all the luggage and tie it upon the two horses backs very securely and tie one before the other like pack horses and hand me the reins.

At this I appologized for waylaying them denoting it was the desperate times that cause me too do such and that I wished them only the best of luck!, too the lady I said "Madame you have ruined me for other women for your kiss was so sweet its taste can never be rivaled", I tipped my hat and rode away! warning them that my men would watch them till I got to the top of the hill not too move until they told them they could!.

Poor people actually waved goodbye too me and I was happy to return the wave gaining all they're money and property and after all I only lightened their load while travelling in such rough terain!, I wonder if they are still standing there waiting too be told too move?.

I quickly made back through the forest and into the pass between the mountains, I'd be back by morning but I still had a long ride before I reached the gypsy camp.

NORSEMAN

I arrived back at the gypsy camp just in time too make a grand entrance with my new horses and belongings and the people made much show at my things especially one girl she was a true beauty and she smiled at me as though no one were there but us.

I tied the horses and walked too her and asked her name, which she said was Jenny and she smiled and walked away.

I was nudged by one of the men who handed me a cup of something I'd only call gypsy brew!, but it was warm and tastes not too bad so I settled down beside the fire and listened too the women softly singing and soon went sound asleep.

There I sat until after lunch when one of the women threw a cup of water at me and said "Men should work!".

I gathered my wits and made off for the practice fields already seeing several men sitting around bruised and Cait was busy instructing them on how too hold a sword properly, this is funny considering this time last week she didn't know herself but still I was begining too like the people here.

I'd almost forgotten my poor animals tied in camp and loaded too boot, I spread a blanket at the edge of camp and put all the bags upon it and turned the horses out too graze.

I soon found that there was more riches in the bundles of luggage than they had in the purses but it was a very profitable trip altogether.

SarviaRose

I felt so happy that I was able to fight the way I did. Most of the men in camp would not meet my eyes when I came back into camp. I smiled to myself it felt great to be able to do this for myself. Jasper also had a grin on his face when he saw me returning. He hadn't been in the groups that I trained with this morning but he seemed to have heard about it.

"So how is my warrior?" He smiled and gave me a hug and kiss.

"I am good, it felt good. I like learning all these things it is getting harder to remember a time when I wasn't with you and my family."

We laughed some more and went to get some food my dad was beaming no doubt  he had heard about the days training. Johnny and Molly where also happy as could be, Chad on the other hand was sulking he had been one I fought this morning. My mom also didn't look very happy. I told Jasper that I wanted to talk to my mom alone for awhile. I got up and walked towards her.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

"I was just hoping for some peace for you before you started all this training and when Fenella gets back you will have more."

"Oh Mom" I have her a hug. "It will be okay but I wish it could have been longer too before all this happened. Being reunited with you, Dad, Molly, Johnny and Jasper has been the greatest time of my life. But learning these things is like learning about part of me I didn't know about and I know you are waiting Fenella to tell me more about the whole Sharrafi Kralyissa thing, but that is part of me also. I'm rambling I know and probley not making any sense at all, but it will be okay things are going to be how they where meant to be."

"Cait, I love you and I know you are going to be great.

NORSEMAN

From my camp I could watch all that went on, I saw Cait returning and the men beaten by a girl one even looked at me as though everything were my fault and he'd fight me but luckily enough for him he didn't try for then I'd had too kill him.

That girl Jenny has been hanging around the cook pot all evening and now that the men are back a couple has taken up around her, she looks too me but oh no this old dog is too smart for that I don't fight puppies over a girl I barely know so if thats what shes waiting on she can forget it.

Then suddenly she made a plate of food and started straight toward me the men followed a bit but stopped short of my camp I think this amused her but too me it was very real, Oh I jest with them but I will not be made sport of.

She soon dispelled that thought in my mind when she earnestly began talking about her life and the horrors she faced at this fool lord Harringtons hands, she told me stories that too me seemed far fetched that any one man could control so many other so easily but then I was not from this land but one far too the North and there things were different.

I soon took a liking too this young lass and she seemed too be interested in me and did bring me food, I thought that perhaps one day I shall kill this tyrant Harrington just for her but for now her company was sweet and she made the time pass easy.

I gave her a dress from one of my stolen cases and a broach, I don't think she'd ever recieved a present before! she started crying!.

NORSEMAN

I enjoyed talking too Jenny but time passed and too soon she had too go too other things, all was progressing here very well and my presense wasn't really needed so having talked too Jenny and Cait I had found out the location of this Lord Harrington and his families estates.

I knew anyone who had estates like him depended on the rents due him from the overtaxed peasantry and I excelled at relieving this sort of burden so wonderlust got the best of me and soon I was packed with all my gear and determined too see the area they all seemed too fear so badly.

It was a fine day for travelling and I had much too do in a village as well!, I'd accumulated quite a bit of loot since I'd been here I had now five extra horses, weapons, utensils and various goods I could sell in a larger place so I will assume to role of a travelling merchant as I tour the lands of this Lord Harrington.

The road leaving the camp was a good road but soon broke away too a little used thing not much more than a trail it ran North of the mountains and along side them the country was very picturesque and I soon realized I'd made a long way from camp and the roads became better this was usually an indication of a nearby village but I determined too travel further as the horses I took from the local coach would be know around here.

I made my way far around this village and travelled through several others before finally coming too a large town with a faire going on which turned out too be a mistake on my part fore I'd soon sold all my articles before I'd intended , I still had the horses and now a very fat purse of gold.

I took lodging at a tavern and placed my animals with the blacksmith for care, now for a little enjoyment and too spend some of this gold what weighed my belt down so much!.

SarviaRose

I watched as Robert rode off after talking with Jenny and me. I couldn't help but wish I was going with him but I knew I was not ready to fight someone and Fenella should be back soon and I needed to train with her. I went to talk with Jenny about what happened between her and the Lord. I found myself giving her a hug and very grateful that she was my friend.

I went to help cook dinner when I noticed that Jasper was no where to be found. I went into the tent and found a letter.

Cait, I have gone to fight with Robert. I will be back soon. Don't forget I love you

At first I was anger that he would run off like that and than jealous because he had the ability to be able to do that. I found myself laughing when I thought of Robert's reactions to his company. Jasper is one of the best fighters but Robert could handle Lord Harrington by himself.

I went back to Jenny and told her what Jasper had done she took it worse than I did. I decided that I would continue training the men in camp well Robert was gone and hoped that he and Jasper would return soon and safely.

I took my turn stirring the stew when we heard a horse and what sounded like a small cart coming near us, Fenella was finally back.

NORSEMAN

I heard a commotion outside the window of the tavern and looked out too see several of the local young blades tormenting a young gypsy, suddenly I realized I'd seen this one before it was Jasper!, what the!!!, I made my way outside shoving the local farmers away and soon reached the four fops gathered around Jasper.

I didn't say anything at first fore a fight is a mans own bussiness but four against one and a man unarmed I do not like!, one of the fops drew a spindley this sword one like you carried in the kings court it had jewels on the handle and I swear it was even perfumed! ha ha ha, I pushed back my cloak and drew the double edged broadsword and met his chanllenge blade too blade only I believe I hit his little sword too hard because it broke the end off!.

At this he turned almost as pale as the makeup he had smeared upon his ugly face and threw his broken blade down and took to foot with his three friends behind him!, poor lads I felt bad braking his toy sword but I had a few drinks and was feeling well indeed!.

I grabbed Jasper and together we went back inside the tavern, I ordered half a tankard of ale for each of us and a bottle also, I poured half the bottle into Jaspers tankard and half into mine and bid him drink lad we will go get you a sword when I've quenced my thirst, ahh that Moose piss they served here was truly weak but it still gives you a good buzz eeh Jasper?.

Now lad let us make for the Smiths before he closes for the day you need something long and sharp, then we both need something long female and soft!, Jasper smiled but kinda reluctantly and we were off!.