News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weekend Two - Highland Fling!

Started by flidais, August 23, 2010, 01:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flidais

I am sooooo looking forward to this weekend.  Military kept us away opening weekend and is another reason why this weekend is going to be so special to us.  As many of you know, my husband is about to be going off on his 4th deployment.  He'll be leaving the middle of next of month.  It would be so awesome if you would all join me in honoring him this weekend.  Saturday he will be throwing in the highland games at faire, and we are planning on going to the smoker.  Sunday we will be there as well, just hanging out. 

Thank you

;D

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

We won't be making it this weekend.

Lady Deborah

I think it would be great if we could more formally honor our service persons, past and present.  Much appreciation and honor to your husband, Flidais!

L Dale Walter

Can't make it this weekend.  My team is attending a private joust tournament in Canada.

Could somebody make sure they throw a pickle at Jeremy 'Pickles' McBain for me?  Maybe a LOT of somebodys?   ;-)

Thanks,

L. Dale Walter

flidais

Har har!  I would be more than happy to throw pickles at McBain.  Fun Stuff!!!

I know there are so many members here on RF.com and at faire in general that serve our country in one way or another.  I know today I am asking everyone to show my hubby some love, but I think it would be really cool to show some support to all of our military ren-friends.  Everyone could wear yellow ribbons, or some other sort of in rememberance token.  Service memebers and vets could wear something to show their pride (unit patch, pin, ACU or BDU kilt)  Ivor loves all of his brothers and sisters in arms and I know he would be more than happy to honor everyone, not just him. 

Lady Deborah

Wonderful idea about the yellow ribbons!  How about starting a separate thread so that all will know and can participate.  It is so important to remember that while we may be at faire kicking up our heels and having a great time, some of our loved ones are away serving our country. 

flidais

Can I just give everyone a huge hug? 

(((HUG)))

Thank you to everyone who cheered Ivor on in the games, stopped and thanked him for his service, or bought him a beer.  Seriously he had about an hour to hang out at the Guiness after the games were done.... he NEVER had an empty cup.