News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tip: Hotel deals

Started by LAVAGODDESSSS, August 30, 2010, 11:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAVAGODDESSSS

Hi all,

To those who don't camp or wish a bit 'o luxury, I just went through the tremendous task of cross referencing the site's hotel list and then calling for pricing and figuring out their 'deals.' I thought this may be a nice place to tell what kind of deals you got and also what you thought of where you stayed? If a thread like this is already started, I apologize. But maybe a fresh one with new 2010 prices?

We got some tremendous deals even four days before we were set to go to the fair.

For instance, we were able to stay with another couple, with a semblance of privacy (one king bedroom, and there is a side room that has a sliding door for privacy with a pull out queen sofa), with 2 ren tickets for about $50/couple for the night. Not bad huh? (Hilton Suites, though this one is about 20 minutes away, perhaps 25, as it is in Auburn Hills).

We also found that the Hampton Inn in Grand Blanc has a deal for $125 for one night (you could sleep four if you don't mind two queen beds in the same room, though we opted for one king), FOUR tickets to the Ren faire, and an awesome hot and cold breakfast in the morning. If you don't want to share, and you have four people, we got the 'ren' deal room and then they got a regular king room as well. So it was really reasonable, and we've stayed at this Hampton Inn before - SUPER clean, the beds are called "Cloud Nine" for a reason, and if you aren't totally happy, you get your money back. Not to mention it is BRAND new. Swanky even. :D

Anyone else had some good rooms or experiences? This year or in past years?
Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.