News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To early to start a countdown?

Started by flidais, May 18, 2010, 08:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellaris

So the weekend is finally here and I'm so tired. But that's ok because I'm leaving for Holly rec in about 5 minutes. See everyone there and for the rest of you when I get back after a weekend of mayhem and shenanigans!
There's no place like faire

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

NefariousDrO

I got to spend the day there on Saturday, humid as all get-out, but still had a ball. My sister and her son had never been to one before, but are hooked now! thanks to the great people there who made their day as spectacular as I'd hoped it would be!
I do have one question, there was a booth in the courtyard in front of the main gate that took my picture, they said they were having a "most unique" contest, but at the time I didn't think about the fact that they didn't get any contact info. from me or such. Anybody else get their picture take by them? I don't really care about the contest as I go to the festival for the fun and such, but it strikes me as a bit odd now that I think about it.
I had such a great time, I can't wait to head back there, now!

Jon Foster

Yes, it was hot and humid on Saturday. But it was still a good day! It was nice to see and talk to everyone again.

Jon.

Ellaris

All in all it was a lovely opening weekend. Can't wait to get back out there. Now I must to attend to my awkward and painful sunburn in the bodice area :(
There's no place like faire

Poldugarian Warrior

Finally made it to the weekend after opening and Labor Day. Saw the new Village Idiots show, and they were quite funny. Hollygrove looks nice as usual and all the shows are quite good as usual, but man, the prices for Faygo are ridiculous, you can't even get soda on draft anymore and beer prices whoa. I remember when Guinness was the expensive one at $4 and now all are at $5.75. At least they are craft brews though. Another thing is that some of the foods listed on the program aren't being served, which is bad, because they seemed to have some unique and very tasty offerings this year in addition to the usual foods. Well, enough of my ranting and raving. I just hope the faire will be restored to its former greatness and affordability in the future.