News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Greetings to all!

Started by Kariselle, June 04, 2008, 10:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kariselle

My name is Kariselle.  And I am new to faire...  :o

I'm from the Northern Illinois area.  I've wanted to go to Bristol ever since I first heard of the Faire (that means that I've wanted to go for over 15 years now!)  Something or another has always come up for everyone else and I was too chicken to go alone... I've finally decided that I'm going this summer even if I have to go by myself.

I've been putting together an outfit for the past month.  It still needs tweaking but I have a month to get it finished. 

I'm interested in hotels or campgrounds in the area.  I know there are some listed on the Bristol site but I was hoping for some first hand information and recommendations from those "in the know".

Thanks!
Karis

ladiedragon

Hi Kariselle,

I anm actually from the MN fest and this will be my first time going to bristol with rage and we jsut got our hotel room last week.. we're gonna be there on opening weekend. i think the best advice i would give you is to find a hotel room or campiing like last week. i would be looking for something right now, and jsut find a place. we will be staying right out side of racine, its only about 20 minutes from fest,from what the directions say. i wish you luck on your searches,maybe we'll see you out there!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Kariselle,  there are usually a few forum members at Bristol every weekend, whether it is their home faire or whether they are visiting from another state.  I usually arrange the Meet & Greets.  This is an appointed time on both Saturday and Sunday where forum members get together and take a picture and get to meet each other.

As it gets closer to opening gate, I'll start setting up posts about who will be there for each weekend, along with info on where and when we will be meeting.  Don't worry, you may enter the gates alone, but there are always people to hang out with and to walk around with.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich