News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Bristol Closing Weekend

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, September 02, 2010, 06:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Who's going to be there?

Steve, Matthew (our younger son), me, our friends Richard, Alan, Carol, & Donna plan to be there on Sunday and Monday.

Didn't set up a meet & greet because nobody but us and wildthingjew & Miss Katie Scarlet ever show up.  They will be there this weekend, too.

We can usually be found around one of the musicians' stages.  Look for all of us!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Mademoiselle D

Hi Renee,  haven't seen you guys since opening weekend but had fun meeting everyone.  I've been mainly there on Saturdays the last number of weeks. 

I'll be there on Sunday with my friend who recently became a rennie after I took her to Bristol for the first time third weekend! 

If I see any of you I'll have to stop by and say hi!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Renee!!!

I called and left a message on your cell phone! Get back to me concerning the 18th & 19th!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Renee Buchanan

I think this might have been a record at Bristol.  Though we've only been going 14 years, so maybe not.

On Sunday of Labor Day weekend, the gates were closed at 2 p.m.  There was not 1 parking space left in the parking lot, the highway was backed up, jammed, and word has it the fire marshal said it had reached capacity.  I was told there were between 10-12 thousand people there that day (of which I was one!).

Honestly, the line for the women's flushies was backed up outside the building, down the lane, almost to the FoF garden.  Thank goodness for FoF privvies - the cleanest ever!  And even there, there was a line, though nothing like those for the patrons.  Forget trying to get something to eat during regular meal times.  And even the shows, if you didn't get there early, there weren't any seats!

We had a magnificent, wonderful time on Sunday and Monday.  The musical entertainment played their hearts out, and there were more than a few tears - and lots of hugs - at the closing on Monday.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Sir Francis Drake

I can believe it on the numbers, as I was there as well. Sorry I missed you this year.
Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I