News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

!!!TRF Area RV Scam!!!!!!

Started by julessweetie, September 07, 2010, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julessweetie

Hey Guys...

I just wanted to give you all a little heads up on something that is going on in your area!

I recently reserved an Outback Loft Travel Trailer for Opening weekend of TRF from a "Christian Buisiness Man" >:( named Ed Bounds, who lives in College Station Texas.  I found him in the rv section of craigslist (I know I should have checked him out better), but he was very convincing and everything seemed to be in order with the rental...so I sent him a $500.00 deposit to reserve the weekend which would also serve as the damage deposit. 

Can you all figure out where this is heading???  lol  ::)

Well...I had a good week at work and was planning on sending him the balance...when James asked me to google him.  I had done this before I sent the original deposit...and only found a link to his business.  Well...this time I found links to others who have been scammed out of their $500.00 deposit just like I have! 

I just wanted to post it here...so that none of my R/F friends will get scammed by this guy...he also was claiming to rent pop-up's in the area...so be careful and do your homework when renting from someone you don't know!

Anyhoo...back to Rennie math...and tent shopping!  lol ;)  ~ Jules

BryanPopp

Do you mind if I x-post this to a guild board? I do have friends who rent and camp.

julessweetie

Go ahead and post it anywhere you want my friend!  I don't want anyone else to get scammed by this guy!

BryanPopp

Thanks
"Christian Business man" Yeah so was Jimmy Swaggart and Jim Baker.
I sorry you had to get caught in a set up like that.

julessweetie

Thanks Sweetie...I sent the money over a month ago...so it's not like it is effecting my TRF budget or anything...if anything...now I have more money for TRF, because I don't have to pay for the rental!  lol ;)  But it still sucks!  lol ;)  I will know better next time...and hopefully I can help make our little "family" aware...so no one else gets scammed ;)

Lady Laura

Sorry to hear that Jules.  And here's to Karma catching up to his sorry arse.
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

julessweetie

No Worries...Lady Laura ;)

I'm just glad I found out about it now...before I sent him anymore money...or even worse...

I'm glad I found out about it before the Dirt Fairy and I headed off to TRF...and were stuck waiting for this weed puller...and got stuck with out a place to sleep!  lol ;)

julessweetie

ha ha ! "weed puller"  lol ;)  Gotta love r/f.com's bad word censors!  lol ;)

Merlin the Elder

hehe...I wonder if they would send, upon request, the translation dictionary.  I had a word euthanized in another post...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

MacKee

WOW! :o :( >:(

Hey Jules, sorry to hear about this. Let me throw this out - Spring Cypress RV is in Tomball, they rent TT's for the weekend and are closer to TRF then Collage Station by far.

Once again, wow...some people are just huge POS's...he will get his in the end i'm sure.

Hey...maybe nexy time ask me...I live in Magnolia ya know ;)

http://www.springcypressrv.com/rentals.html

The Order of Culloden Moor

julessweetie

I know MacKee...he is a HUGE P.O.S!!!  lol ;)

Thanks for the info, but I have decided that I am going to just buy a new tent for this year...and buy a used pop-up for next year.  That was my original plan for this year, but then I found that really cool trailer and wanted to rent it...so I decided to put it off...

BUT...all of this craziness aside...I am still SUPER excited about TRF!!! :)

I can't wait...it's almost here!!!   ;D

Bonny Pearl

Oh hunny I am sooooo sorry!!

Just an fyi, hubby said that Spring Cypress RV has prices around $385 to rent for a weekend and that is for a large t/t.  The pop-ups prolly go for less than that.  Give them a call, see if they deliver, etc. :)

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rani Zemirah

I'm so sorry...  There just isn't anything more I can say without resorting to words that would just get changed by the filter here, but I am most definitely angry on your behalf!!!  What a truly lousy thing to do...  >:(
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Taarna

I'm so sorry you got scammed/taken like that and I agree. Research EVERYONE you are considering doing business with whether you THINK you know them or not!
We were taken for several THOUSAND dollars by a well known person in the Ren community claiming to be a contractor. It wasn't until AFTER he took our money and left my home unfinished that we found out he is NOT licensed at all. So I feel your heartache on the scam... You have to be extremally careful who you lay your trust in anymore.
Ike scams abound, but I sure never saw a fellow Rennie scamming another Rennie...  >:(
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!