News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone ever bought from ArmStreet?

Started by L Dale Walter, September 10, 2010, 11:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L Dale Walter

http://armstreet.com/ they have quite a bit of armor.  Just wondered if anyone has experience with them?

Thanks,

Dale

DonaCatalina

Friar Rohn hasn't posted in awhile- but I remembered his take on Armstreet vividly.
Quote from: Friar Rohn the Chronicler on May 02, 2009, 10:15:39 AM
       They didn't scam me. I got every dime back because I was able to prove to eBay and PayPal (which I believe are the same company now) from emails and screenshots of what was going on. Initially, they sent only a tracing number. A tracing number and a tracking number are two entirely different things. All a tracing number is....well, anyone can get a tracing number off of the USPS website. It's just a simple request to pick up a package. It doesn't state who it's going to, it's just a "come and get something" number according to my local post office. They kept on insisting that was a valid tracking number, which probably can still be entered to the USPS website and still shows "no movement". At first they tried the "no refunds", but they knew that wasn't going anywhere.
       They had made me so disgusted, if they even overnighted a replacement (I don't believe the first was ever shipped) I had planned to have it taken to a embroidery place locally and have printed on the backside of the cowl....

"I PURCHASED THIS PIECE OF #%@& FROM ARMSTREET"
                "DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!"

I would have wore that all this month at the Castle of Muskogee, up at the Kansas City faire and down at Scarby and I would have made sure that I would have someone follow me with one of my spare cameras. I would have posted hundreds of those photos online and then have a 6'X8' poster shipped to them of the best "crowd shot". They should consider that in this economy, they shouldn't treat customers they way they did me. The suit was only a few hundred bucks and I spent 5 times that amount on a child's antique tankard last year. It wasn't the money, it was their conduct towards me as the customer. So having the statement above placed on the backside of the suit would have given me $200+ of satisfaction. 
       Maybe it was a good thing they never shipped it, I'll have a suit designed by Lady Kathleen and I know how professional she is. A good example is the hat she made my nephew's Spanish doublet and slops and it was slightly too small, so we shipped it back with a baseball hat he sized correctly (it wasn't her fault, he has thick brown hair from his mother's side of the family) and she shipped a new one immediately.
       I've learned from two deals to purchase not off of eBay when dealing specifically with garb.

Friar Rohn

PS - I had planned to purchase a Damascus steel dagger for around $300+ from Medieval Market, but this thread warned me off early. Thanks to all of the posters for their comments.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DarkLord

I have ordered a number of things from them, including full suits of armor, tents and garb.  I've found them to be honest and reliable.  Their shipping takes longer than domestic, obviously.  If something doesn't fit however you'll have a hard time sending it back so make sure your sizes are clear.  Some of the armor can be heavy, so I would make sure it is within your ability to wear it.  If you have a specific question you can message me.
Bringer of Doom and Pestilence

BLAKDUKE

I have purchased 2 pair of footwear from them and have been completely satisfied.  In fact one pair of boots I wear at the GCRF faires that I work at and they are most comfortable.   
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Bolton_Bailiffe

I picked up a pair of footwear from them and had no problems.  ???