News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What book are you currently reading?

Started by Valiss, September 13, 2010, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady L

the Lost Books of the Bible (New Testament Apocrypha)
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Merlin the Elder

Now reading "The Man Who Fell to Earth" for fun, and "The Web Application Hacker's Handbook" for work.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

appljx

Quote from: Tom on September 16, 2010, 07:50:45 PM
Currently re-reading The Belgariad and The Malloreon by David Eddings.

LOVE these books!

Currently inbetween books for me! Just finished "The Birth of Venus" by Sarah Dunant, followed by mind-less Nora Roberts.

Holding out for "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett :)

bellevivre

Quote from: appljx on September 18, 2010, 08:45:20 AM

LOVE these books!

Currently inbetween books for me! Just finished "The Birth of Venus" by Sarah Dunant, followed by mind-less Nora Roberts.

Try "In the Company of the Courtesan", also by Dunant...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: appljx on September 18, 2010, 08:45:20 AM
Quote from: Tom on September 16, 2010, 07:50:45 PM
Currently re-reading The Belgariad and The Malloreon by David Eddings.

LOVE these books!

pillars of the Earth is on my wish list too
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

SirRichardBear

The Business of War Mercaries in the middle ages, and One Corpse Too Many by Ellis Peters a Cadfeal mystery.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

bellevivre

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Lady Christina de Pond

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

DonaCatalina

"The lamps are going out all over Europe. We shall not see them lit again in our time"
Sir Edward Grey

I just finished reading Dreadnought and I am more convinced than ever that term limits of government officials are absolutely neccesary. Once men are in power and see no end to their tenure they can rationalize to themselves the most horrible things.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

I just started the "Master and Commander" Aubrey/Maturin books, again,  probably my 4th time reading them through, all the way through. As a 'pirate' the technical stuff thrown in with the O'Brians style is like reading crack to me.   Takes me about 3 months to read them all.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

William_MacKean

Mairte

Becky10

I finished Fool by Christopher Moore, it was pretty good not as good as Lamb. Hes my favorite author, if ever in need of a chuckle pick up one of his books.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Mairte

Finished bullet and going to start on a Lyndsay(sp) Sands book that I grabbed on my way out of the pharmacy.

Dance_Dance

I just finished "Legends of Shannara: Bearers of the Black Staff" by Terry Brooks.  It's the 20th book in the Shannara series and just, wow.  I love it.  The only thing I didn't like was that it ended on a cliff hanger and the next book won't be out until next year! T_T

And, to distract myself, I'm starting in on "The Bell at Sealey Head" by Patricia A. McKillip.  She's another author I just adore, her discriptions are so vivid, and nearly every book of hers is set in a different, unique world.  I've read probably about ten of her books thus far, so I've got high hopes for this one. :)