News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What book are you currently reading?

Started by Valiss, September 13, 2010, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

I'm about 4 books into the Riley Jenson Guardian Series by Aussie author Keri Arthur.  In many ways, her writing is very similar and in many ways better than LKH.  Still a lot of sex, though it's refreshing that the heroine is unapologetic about it.  

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Mairte

Rowen, I have quite a few of Keri Arthurs books, she is good. I think LKH is still my favorite though...also Christine Feehan and Maggie Shayne.

appljx

I finally got Pillars of the Earth!!!   ;D

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Mairte on October 11, 2010, 06:53:21 PM
Rowen, I have quite a few of Keri Arthurs books, she is good. I think LKH is still my favorite though...also Christine Feehan and Maggie Shayne.

Yep, I'm still a loyal fan of LKH and buy all her books, though I take a break and try a different author when Anita starts to sound whiny to me.  I've found that even my favorite authors can get in my nerves if I'm not in the right mindset to read them.  When that happens I try someone I haven't read before or switch genres for a while. Oh well, I'm a moody wench sometimes; blame it on menopause.    ;)
  I have most of Feehans' work but I don't recall reading Shayne.....So I have another author to try  ;D

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Tipsy Gypsy

The Foxfire series, currently in volume 6 (I think). Trying to learn a little about skills that are being forgotten.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Valiss

Years ago my friends brother read the DragonLance series. I never got a chance to borrow the books, but they series was pretty long as I recall, maybe 15-20 books. Has anyone read the series? If so, what did you think? Would you recommend it?

dbaldock

Quote from: DonaCatalina on October 13, 2010, 08:30:14 AM
Quote from: dbaldock on October 12, 2010, 04:14:50 PM
I've been re-reading The Uncollected Wodehouse.
That looks really interesting.

It is interesting!  :D

I picked up this hardcover edition at a Barnes & Noble bookstore in Plano, TX, back in the late 90's or early 00's.  It's still available in paperback from Amazon (used) for less than $10.
Amazon - (used) Uncollected Wodehouse
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lady Nicolette

Quote from: dbaldock on October 12, 2010, 04:14:50 PM
I've been re-reading The Uncollected Wodehouse.

PG Wodehouse was one of my mother's favorite authors.  Most people don't know where Jeeves came from, but you and I do!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Mairte

Tipsy gypsy, I have the first two Foxfire books, want to get the rest. Loads of information!
Right now I am looking for a good science fiction/fantasy that will take a while to read. Trouble is, there is so much I have read  so its difficult to find something different!

Tipsy Gypsy

Mairte, I found mine on eBay, but I've seen them in Half Price Books, too.

have you read Diana Gabaldon's books? History, adventure, time travel- big fat juicy books :)
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Mairte

Thank you! I will check them out later, see if I can find them on Amazon.

Tipsy Gypsy

All her books are in print, so any bookstore should have them, and probably Half Price too (love that place :) )

Oh, did I mention the hot Scot...?

renfairephotog

The Fall book two of the Strain Trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. Del Toro directed Hellboy movies and Pan's Labyrinth. It's a Vampire novel.

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer