News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's your favorite part of CRF?

Started by ladyharrogate, September 13, 2010, 02:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladyharrogate

With festival opening in less than a month I was wondering, what is your favorite part of CRF?  Is it a show, a street performer, the stores, a particular food? 

FaireLady

I love the children's performance troupe!  What a novel idea! 

Lord Caleb

What is my favorite part of CRF? Me being there!

My favorites are The London Broil, and the Pirate Shantyman & Bonnie Lass. I love the general atmosphere of the place.
Home Festival: Carolina Renaissance Festival
Name: Josh aka Lord Caleb of Guilford

Hibernian

My favorite part are the people of CRF.

Even before the morning cannon, the cast and playtrons have already started bringing the village together. Once through the gate, and everything just feels right. If you can't relax and enjoy yourself with this crew, well...
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Pirateleach

every thing...and pumpkin ale ;D

this fair still needs a real pub >:(
Barkeep, Tavern on the Hill
Newcastle
Come have a Shandy from Andy

ladyharrogate

it would be a wonderful thing to have a real pub and it's one of those things that people are aware of but no feasible solution yet.  There is so much at the festival (acts, street performers, merchants) that it's like trying to squeeze a size 12 body into size 6 jeans, one more thing wont fit just yet! LOL

Molden

Quote from: Hibernian on September 15, 2010, 01:04:12 PM
My favorite part are the people of CRF.

Even before the morning cannon, the cast and playtrons have already started bringing the village together. Once through the gate, and everything just feels right. If you can't relax and enjoy yourself with this crew, well...

I was thinking the exact same thing Hibernian - the people!

I think I also like the "coziness" of this faire - you can actually have conversations in the lanes (between acts) with many of the performers here. I love catching Miguel, Zilch (Terry Foy) or any of the Tortuga Twins toward the end of the day. Just plain friendly and easy going. 
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Ice Mage

I feel as if i have come home from a long voyage, once i enter the grounds.  I am truly home sick for it, through the rest of the year.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

hitchhiker90

My favorite part is the people as well.  I love to see how they are dressed.  Also like visiting some of the vendors -- need to find a tricorn hat and mug/stein/tankard.

countessmary

I love the atmosphere of the faire. I always feel at home there.  As far as acts go, Don Juan and Miguel, Zilch, and Eddie Jeff Cahill are my favorites. 

Countess Mary

LadyDracolich

The SHADE!!!!  Its definitely one of my favorite faires!  So, if I had to pick on thing....  LADY MIKAYLA!!  Molden would run a close second. ;) 
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Ahhhh shuckee darn, thanks Sis!!!   :-*  Love you too!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

FireFaerie

I like that both the mead and the the Tortuga Twins are right smack by the entrance. Usually by the time my late self gets to faire, I have just enough time to get a drink, check out the end of the birds of prey show, and grab a seat for my Twins. Perfect start.

Ice Mage

Funny how the mead and the twins are near each other for the rated R show at the end of the day too.
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

ladyharrogate

It's all part of the plan  ::).  Mead, 4:15 joust and follow it up with some naughty Tortugas :o.  I have to walk my kids troupe out of the joust in a different direction to avoid the show or it's like herding cats to drag them away!  No, they don't get the jokes but I'm not about to let them stop to listen either!

Oh and if you check out the schedule, the washer wenches will now be performing at that same stage (next to the joust).  They are always a great show.  Just beware, things get lost around those girls and the seeking can be awe inspiring!

...and if you have kids, no worries....lots of PG shows.  Just get one of the brochures with the map and shows when you go through the front gates.  It will tell you what the shows are rated.

BTW, enjoying the posts!  Its nice to hear about what everyone enjoys!

Lord Caleb

Hitchhiker, this vendor will be at the faire again this year, if you need a mug. http://newworldmugsandwoods.com

The quality of those mugs are unmatchable. I have one and I love it.
Home Festival: Carolina Renaissance Festival
Name: Josh aka Lord Caleb of Guilford

hitchhiker90

Thanks Caleb!  I will be sure to stop by and see what he is offering.  Only 2 more weekends til I get to go! woo hoo!  :)

Ice Mage

Raibeart OShea

I cannot choose between all the things about the faire that I appreciate. I guess the general camaraderie is the most potent thing...aside from the ale.  Or is it the ale that inspires it?  Don't know, I just know I prefer the faire over the mundane.
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

The smell, I love the smell of our shire!  Fall, incense, candied almonds, Molden's chest... :-*  *Pyrate chest*  Head plant!!!  :)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

FireFaerie

Also very excited about Shantyman and Bonnie Lass!  ;D Forgot to mention them in my other post.

Malkavian

Additional favorite part: When the Sun finally catches on that it's fall and the high drops below 80  :D ;D;D

Wandering Rogue

It's a feeling of being home. Yes, home. Feeling the crisp, cool air as it blankets our shire.
Old friends coming together once again to renew a bond that can not be broken. Meeting new friends, welcoming them into this wonderful family that miles and months apart can not be taken away.

Of course there's the ale. 
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Tammy

Being there. I love it all, the food, the people, the shows, the atmosphere. I'm in love with our shire, and PROUD to call it my Home Faire!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.