News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I think my mom just had a stroke

Started by Becky10, September 17, 2010, 02:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becky10

I was talking to her and i couldn't understand what she was saying so i looked over and she looked, just "off" so i did the smile test with her and had her raise her arms and she had definite left side weakness so my sister drove her to the hospital and i am staying with my other sister. She kept telling me she was just fine but she's Italian, we always say were fine when everything is falling apart and we think everything is falling apart when its something small.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Rani Zemirah

Oh, Becky... I'm so sorry you're having this scare right now.  I'm praying for your mother, and the rest of you, as hard as I can, and sending healing energy, as well! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyFae

Oh honey!  I'm SO glad that you knew enough to give her a little test and to get her to the hospital, though!  THAT in itself will help in the long run!  (((HUGS))) and prayers to you for the best possible outcome!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Becky10

Thank you guys for your support that was probably one of the scariest things I've had happen to me. It was so strange cause i we were just standing in the kitchen making food and then she wasnt acting right. She keeps telling all the doctors it was the onions fault. Theyre doing blood work a cat scan and an MRI were just waiting for results.

Lady Kett

Becky, lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Anna Iram

Same here Becky. Thank goodness you're so level headed.

Becky10

Mom is back home today and doing really well, doc said she dodged a bullet, she has to take asprin everyday and is on a low sodium diet, i am so happy!

Lady Kett

Rani Zemirah

I'm so glad she's ok!  Might be a good idea to go have a comprehensive physical done, including some indepth testing, just to see if there is anything more she can do to insure her continuing health...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Becky10

She has another appointment with the doc to do a full physical on thursday i think then she is going to meet with the neurologist again.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, good!  What a very scary thing, for you all!  I'm very glad you were so calm and level headed, though.  Time is of the essence in a stroke situation, and you responded immediately, so even if this was just a warning, at least you know you can handle the situation should a more serious emergency occur.  Your family should be very proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself, as well...  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede