News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Addictive Smiles

Started by SirBlackFox, September 21, 2010, 07:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirBlackFox

Because we were at my 30th HS Reunion all weekend (fri-sat at least) and we couldn't pick up the dogs from the doggie daycare till after 5pm on sun, we decided to head down to MDRF for the day and go in civvies.

Made for the perfect day too!

Stopped by Steak on a Stake and not only was I greeted with a smile and a yummy piece of dead animal flesh, but the group behind the ledge sang for me.  I tipped 'em an extra $5 for treating a non-garbed customer so well!

Next stop was to be some water but was stopped by two castmembers that I didn't recognize who wanted to help me decide what show to see first (I was glancing over the map of Revel Grove while walking).  They gave Cyn and I some direction, with a smile, then set upon the next set of wandering guests.

We got our water and the young lady behind the ledge recognized me out of garb and complimented me on my new, stylish black bowler. . .she got a $2 tip for being so nice.

Since not a lot of folks recognized us out of "uniform," we got to run here and there without stopping to chat with different peeps.  It was a wonderful day, albeit short (we left at 1pm).

It just goes to show that it doesn't matter what you wear when you walk through the gates of MDRF, you're always greeted with a smile by everyone, be they cast, crew, vendor, or guest. . . .  and the smiles are always addictive!
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Amras Elfwine

Agreed!!!

I totally did not see you...how disappointing, with you being naked and all...hugs and lets have shooters for breakfast in our pyraty finest this weekend... 8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Capt. Morgan

Dang! It's Pirate Weekend???!

*sigh* Shooters for breakfast....Have some for me, guys!!!

Will be counting the days until we meet again!  ;)
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Amras Elfwine

Yes, its time again for "Sparrow-noid Schizophrenia" weekend in Maryland...you shall be missed and toasted on the morrow (though not nearly as toasted as DOW weekend... 8))
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Capt. Morgan

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on September 24, 2010, 10:27:11 AM
Yes, its time again for "Sparrow-noid Schizophrenia" weekend in Maryland...you shall be missed and toasted on the morrow (though not nearly as toasted as DOW weekend... 8))

LOL! I thought you were going to say..."...but not nearly as toasted as we will be!"
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.