News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Handkerchief

Started by Ginger, June 05, 2008, 03:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger

Help! I need to find a place to buy a handkerchief in Colorado Springs (before faire opens!) If you know of any shops, or if you just have one lying around that I can purchase from you, that would be great!

Thank you!
-Ginger
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

DRenaissanceGuy

Hobby lobby sells cloth napkins that can be easily turned into one, I also believe that any wending or tux stores would have them for sale for pockets.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Try a wedding store if you need a lace one. Most brides carry them.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Ginger

Thank you! I'll check the wedding stores, I like lace :)
Practice safe eating habits, use condiments!

Adriana Rose

www.dharmatrading.com

They have SILK hankies!! oh so nice and their prices arent that bad...

Taffy Saltwater

When I lived there a thousand years ago, there was an Irish gift shop in Manitou that had lovely linens.  Don't know if this is the same place, but worth a try:  THE LEPRECHAUN SHOPPE - 719-685-9213,
943 Manitou Avenue,  Manitou Springs  80829
Irish Imports, Celtic Jewelry.
Sveethot!

Mischief Snicklebritches

I know Walmart carries men's hankies (the kind old men blow their noses in) where the mens socks and undies are. I got a pack of 4 a couple of years ago for like $5. And you can find lace super cheap at any fabric store, or prob even walmart too. If youre handy with a needle and thread or on a sewing machine its really easy to put some lace around the edge. ;D hope that helped
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Princess Alice

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on June 05, 2008, 06:41:49 PM
When I lived there a thousand years ago, there was an Irish gift shop in Manitou that had lovely linens.  Don't know if this is the same place, but worth a try:  THE LEPRECHAUN SHOPPE - 719-685-9213,
943 Manitou Avenue,  Manitou Springs  80829
Irish Imports, Celtic Jewelry.

The Leprechaun Shop is still there :]

However, a bridal shop seems the best bet.
My handkerchief is actually from my baptism when I was a baby,
So religious shops may also have them.
Real Men Eat Fish.

Lady Amy of York

The follow ing onl ine  s tore " Vermont Country Store "  has very prett y embroidered hankies, and  for  a good pr ice  too.  That is where i  bu y  mine  for  fa ire.  I think  the y were   12  hankies  for $25  when i bro ugh t  mine.  The y were  embroidered  with roses,  and  violets.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling