News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Surger/Overlocker Needles

Started by LadyStitch, September 24, 2010, 08:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

My mum gave me back my over locker this past Christmas.  I had given it to her when I got my new fancy one. Since then I found that it is nice to have a basic one around to do seam finishes.  I want to use it but I've run into a snag.  This singer overlocker requires special serger needles.  The one's I found out Joann's are too big. 
We got it back in 1990 (has it really been that long????)  I tried to find out which model it was so I could special order the needles but I've had no such luck. 
Does anyone know of a place where they have a listing of all the singer models?
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Kate XXXXXX

Do you still have the instruction manual?  That will tell you which needle system to get for it.

Also, see if there's a number on the back or base: If you have that, Singer may be able to help.

LadyStitch

No instruction manel anymore, and if it did mum still has it somewhere in the "closet of doom".   We do still have the original "how to" video tape.  Since we no longer have a VCR that doesn't help much.

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.