News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Economy Woes and Faire 08

Started by Scarlett, June 10, 2008, 07:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarlett

I'm sure we're all feeling the effects of the economy.  4.09 a gallon for regular gas right down the street from me, with experts predicting it will go even higher.  My grocery bill has gone up substantially.  Don't even mention the job situation. 

With more of our money going to everyday cost of living expenses, I am wondering how this will effect faire attendance this year, especially from the regular rennie group?   With no season passes, I am wondering if the PTB will offer more incentives to ensure attendance does not suffer.  $2 off admission may not be as tempting this year as it was last year.  Has anyone heard anything on ticket incentives?   

Personally, I am hoping to make it to faire at least 3 times this season as opposed to 5 last year.  Not a lot, but that the way it goes.  Last year, gas was around 3.20 during faire season if I recall correctly. 

Just curious to see the thought of other on this topic.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Scotsman

I know that it has helped a bit with the extended tailgating. This allows us to eat before and during faire (Nooners) so that helps with cost not to mention being able to get "hydrated" in the parking lot through the day. For us the cost does become troubling but not to the extent it would drive us from faire - we just have to cut in other ways, you know ... no shoes for the kids, eat the pets, no showers until Thursday ... that kind of thing.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

chris the green

Joe and I have talked about it, we will only be able to go to the Faire once a weekend, usually on Saturday.  We've put money aside throughout the year but with the cost of gas that won't go as far as it did last year.  It's things like this that really make us miss the season pass :(  But we will be there as much as we can and are so looking forward to seeing everyone.  {:(|)