News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

taking a 1 year old to fair

Started by THELADYKAT, September 13, 2010, 10:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THELADYKAT

This is going to be Dorian's 2nd year at TRF and he will be about 14 months and 3 day or so what are the do's and don't with a 1 year old and the check list so i don't forget anything

We already have a bigger tent and we are working on trying to get the wheels for his wood wagon
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

LadyFae

Hmm, I took my three girls to Fest when they were 1, almost 1 (two of them) and almost 2.  I don't really do anything differently.  I just make sure that there are enough snacks and drinks in the car for our picnic lunch and some munchies in one of my pouches.  I don't try to rush around doing to much- I take the day at the childrens' pace.  I take them to see things that they'd be interested in and try to watch their behavior for signs of what to do next.  When DD1 was 1 and at her first Fest she was a walker and I couldn't hold her nor push her in a stroller- she has always been SUPER independent!  We always have a lot of dogs at Fest so if she needed a distraction I could point out a "puppy."  DD2 always prefered being carried- especially if I was trying to go to fast or trying to force her to do something she didn't want to.  DD3 is really mobile right now (though not quite walking on her own) and she HATES being in her stroller.  I carried her for most of Fest this past weekend so I was often looking for places that I could put her down and let her explore safely.  Small benches for her to walk around are a favorite...  Anyway, having young kids with at Fest is all I really know so I'm probably not much help.  Overall, you know your kid and his needs on a regular day.  Fest doesnt' have to make that much different, just follow his cues.  Most of all, though- HAVE FUN!!!!!  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

THELADYKAT

We had a good time last year at TRF and a good time at Scarby so i hope we have a good time TRF this year he is walking around gets freaked out by things more now so i hope all working out cause Jacob and I work the fair
The Lady Kat.

LadyFae

I woke up and thought, "Hmm, she was probably talking about WORKING at Faire with a 1 yr old and CAMPING there."  Sorry, I am NO help with those issues!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

THELADYKAT

I worked and camped the fair with him last year at 2-3 months old and he was fine .
The Lady Kat.