News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking to barter children's garb

Started by kilteddispatcher, October 18, 2010, 10:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilteddispatcher

Not sure if this is even in the right place, but while getting the family ready for Nor Cal Faire this past weekend, it finally dawned on me that we had saved every scrab of garb  our 3 kids have outgrown- and the oldest is 12, youngest is 7,  and with a couple of grandparents who also did faire and constantly sent over goodies there's a LOT of surplus kid's garb overflowing the trunk... Is this the right forum/board to try to barter such items? If so, is there any interest at this time of year, since faire season is pretty much over?  Or, would I be better off waiting until after the first of the year when people begin gearing up for the spring round of faires?  Thanks in advance for any info you collectively can provide.

Kilted Dispatcher

Dinobabe

You know on the index board all you read is "Looking to barter children"! ;D

Maybe if you put what kind of items you would like to have that could help. ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Rosamundi

Hi, Kilted! A few of us are interested in kids' garb - both sewing it and collecting it. But this Faire & Family thread is usually pretty quiet.  You might have luck posting or cross-posting to Buy-Sell-Trade at http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?board=80.0

As to the timing, I don't think it matters too much. As our northern faires close, garbing season is heating up, so to speak, in the south, west, and southwest. :-)
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

kilteddispatcher

Hmm... getting a message that that board is off limits to me... is that because I'm a new account?

Lady Kett

Quote from: kilteddispatcher on October 18, 2010, 03:23:28 PM
Hmm... getting a message that that board is off limits to me... is that because I'm a new account?

Yes, there's a minimum post count to see Buy & Sell & Trade. I don't recall that it's much, maybe 5 or so? Pop in a few threads and say hello and you'll be all set.

kilteddispatcher

Ahh, I figured it might be something like that... Thx much!