News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"Festival" Friday

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, September 28, 2010, 11:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are coming back for closing weekend and decided since we are bringing the young squire (5th grader), to come up early for Friday.

Anything special to be prepared for?  ???  I have seen reference to "5 finger friday" so I presume there will be a lot of kids.

Are the beer vendors still open? (will I need a larger flask :) )  Is it very crowded? 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

auntiegiggles

Usually, friday is not crowded.  I think there are a couple of mead booths open but not all cast is on hand and not all shops are open.  There will be lessons on renaissance history periodically - but not sure where they are at.  That info should be in the Friday program.  I will be there!  One of the few cast members who can make it in.  I think I am scheduled primarily at the Gate for the day.  If you see me stop and say hi.  I should be wearing the same gown that I have on in my profile pic.  (I'm the one in blue and green and the black top hat)
Everything goes better with giggles

William_MacKean

The main mead booth near the guard camp will be open.  75% sure the tent will be, too.  Warm classic mead at the main booth.  Warm 'surprise-not-classic' mead at the tent... probably raspberry.  Maybe Egypt'n.

No Smoker.
Unsure of other musical acts at the Mead Stage.

Jon Hanslow

It depends really on the weather and how many schools responded to the recruiting to come out. My high school, Saint Peter High School, takes a group out every year.

Its usually not crowded TOO crowded, some cast is there, not all, and some shops aren't open (did they have to pay extra this year to not be open on FF?)

Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

Muffin

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on September 28, 2010, 11:33:43 AM
We are coming back for closing weekend and decided since we are bringing the young squire (5th grader), to come up early for Friday.

Anything special to be prepared for?  ???  I have seen reference to "5 finger friday" so I presume there will be a lot of kids.

Are the beer vendors still open? (will I need a larger flask :) )  Is it very crowded? 

Foaming Stein will be open for sure and most of our normal crew will be on hand... selling beer to... no one.. and telling all the bratty teenagers to get lost when they come looking for beer..  ::)

There should be a few other JC beer booths open as well, not sure if the CKC ones open up or not?

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Noble Dreg

Last year had some of the highest adult attendance I recall seeing...but it is indeed a "light" crowd.  While I cannot be certain I only recall a very small number of shops not being open last year, a cloak shop was one.  It was a cold and damp day, they lost a couple of sales to be sure!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

dbaldock

Quote from: Muffin on September 28, 2010, 12:03:14 PM

Foaming Stein will be open for sure and most of our normal crew will be on hand... selling beer to... no one.. and telling all the bratty teenagers to get lost when they come looking for beer..  ::)

There should be a few other JC beer booths open as well, not sure if the CKC ones open up or not?

When you were a teenager, did you check out the Foaming Stein, hoping to maybe get a beer?   ;)   :D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Jon Hanslow

Quote from: Noble Dreg on September 28, 2010, 12:04:35 PM
Last year had some of the highest adult attendance I recall seeing...but it is indeed a "light" crowd.  While I cannot be certain I only recall a very small number of shops not being open last year, a cloak shop was one.  It was a cold and damp day, they lost a couple of sales to be sure!

Wasn't last year when it poured and misted all day?

MissBubu

Quote from: Jon Hanslow on September 28, 2010, 12:15:49 PM

Yes, it was. I was glad for my warm cloak and my hot flashes all day.

Muffin

yes! we were all wench-cicles at the pub!!!  :'(
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Jon Hanslow

Quote from: Muffin on September 28, 2010, 01:20:16 PM

Ill be out there this year, my fiance works for Excalibur so it'll be a grand time! haha

Toarmod

Quote from: Muffin on September 28, 2010, 01:20:16 PM

I wasnt a wench-cicle... I was a lil' chilly though.

saphire_glade

At some point Jewel the Water Faerie will be making an appearance. I am not sure if I will get up to site right away at cast call, but I will make sure that my character does at least show up for part of the day.

However if it gets super cold I will not be out long.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Storm

Quote from: Muffin on September 28, 2010, 12:03:14 PM

Hey, hey, hey, HEY now! Since when are Gin and I no one!?....We will be there to buy beer from you!

Fest Friday is seriously my favorite day of fest. Light crowds (especially after the kiddies leave). A perfect day to shop as the vendors can take their time with helping you!....

Marietta Graziella

I agree with Storm!  I bought beer last year!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.