News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Alas (giant sigh)

Started by gem, September 28, 2010, 03:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

:-[  Sigh. With only three weekends left this season, I've had to admit that I'm not going to get all my projects done. I was sick all last week and couldn't think straight enough to sew, and this week I'm playing catch-up from everything I couldn't get done (work and real-life wise *plus* sewing) while I was sick.

I DID get the Much Ado garb done, which was a huge accomplishment (two vests, two skirts, two bodices), and I'm still working on Gimli (which I WILL GET DONE!!!), but there's no way I'll get to my curved front gown. Fortunately, I came to this conclusion before cutting out the coral linen. I'll do another fitting next summer; maybe it will still fit then. And if not, I'll start over!

I'm so sad! I know you guys understand this. It's silly, in a way: I have TONS of garb, and this just means I'll be wearing the garb I have that much more! (I still haven't worn last year's triumph--my pink damask corset--this year.) But I didn't make anything new (and for some reason the Much Ado stuff doesn't count  ::)), and that's so depressing! Particularly because I worked so hard all summer on my pieces (the embroidered smock, my corded bodice, my first cartridge pleating & buttonholes &...).

Just needed to have a little pity party there, before I go back to ripping apart the Gimli mockup.

Lady Kett

Long distance hugs, Gem. You can do it!

Rah rah sis boom bah! <waves the pom pons!>

Anna Iram

:( I understand Gem. I have several projects that haven't seen the light of day, and with new ideas in my head of what I want (and still not time/energy/space to really enjoy the projects) they may sit in that bin a while longer yet. It's frustrating when life get's in the way of a hobby.

Perhaps this winter you can get a couple of those pieces made and next year you'll have that new garb to wear.

DonaCatalina

Don't be discouraged. This just means you'll have new stuff for next season.
{{long distance hugs}}
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

DragonWing

aaaaahhh (((((Gem))))) sorry to hear you were sick.

I agree with DonaCatalina.  ;)
Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Butch

I missed seeing you in your Much Ado garb this weekend.  I'll be there on Sunday, but not Saturday.  We're going to the Columbia RF on Saturday.

I'll see you in HAUNTED CANTERBURY!

gem

Thanks, everyone! I'm still a little disappointed, but I've had an idea for a kirtle project I can work on over the winter, so I'm feeling re-energized. LOL Isn't that always how it goes?

Gimli is... getting there! If I have a minute to spare today, I'll be cutting out the wool. 

It's just that actually GOING to Fair is eating up all of my time to make garb! Sheesh!

Butch, I have new Much Ado pix from this weekend I'll be posting today or tomorrow.

Kathleen MacLeod

*sigh* To go faire or sew for faire, that is the question. :)

From what you've said, it sounds like you've gotten a ton of stuff done! Be happy with that stuff, and you can be energized and sew-crazy for the winter to have NEW stuff for next season!
Sometimes you can't wait for the storm to pass; you have to just get out there and dance in the rain.