News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Coming to ORF as usual

Started by Lord Clisto of York, October 01, 2010, 03:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Hail my friends,

I shall be making the journey once again to the Ohio Ren Faire next weekend 10/9-10/10. Who all plans on attending that weekend. Would love to meet up at the aleing knight or someplace else. Just let me know. I will be coming in on that Friday.

Thanks

Lord Clisto, Duke of York,
Knight of the Holy Blade of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Imestra

My Lord! 'tis an honor to receive your grace for a weekend of revelry at our humble faire.
Many a rennie is planning on the weekend you propose, as Albannach is playing only those dates.
Expect to see Curto y Imestra on Saturday, October 9th.
In the event that we do not see your grace before the opening of the gates, we shall approach thee at the pub.
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Old Tinker

our Lord Clisto of York, as our sis has said, Albannach draws us North, on said Sat. this Old Tinker would be honor'd to serve thee thy favorite beverage at the time we cross paths at the Ale'n Knight. we's shall be on the look-out for thee.
dearest Imestra our sis, will be a fine day to see thee and our bro, Curtro. fore it has been many moons since our last embrace. me's look'n forward to our encounter, that is if noth'n comes up like this weekend.  :'(
travel safe all,
your Old Tinker & Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Lord Clisto of York

I thank both of you for the kind words and greetings. I pray the weather is grand and company more so. Awaiting to arrive in a week. Pray both of you are well. It is always a pleasure for this event.

Imestra

The weather sage has predicted plentiful sunshine and temperatures in the middle 70's.
This past weekend was so cool and windy! it will be a glorious weekend, should the sage be correct.

Lord Clisto of York

Excellent, looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new friends. Aleing Knight will be the place unless out in the street. I am understanding that many McCracks will be there too. Met some in Tenn last year. Hope to again here.

Painted Lady

Lu and I will be there too. We are already packed! Staying a cabin Ceaser Creek State Park to get the full Autumn experience. Looking forward to a chill in the air.

Capt. Morgan

If not there in body...at least there in spirit....*sigh*

Sounds like this weekend will be wonderous...
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Old Tinker

Quote from: Painted Lady on October 06, 2010, 06:06:13 AM
Lu and I will be there too. We are already packed! Staying a cabin Ceaser Creek State Park to get the full Autumn experience. Looking forward to a chill in the air.

good day it will be, we's get to HUG our Painted Lady and grasp her man, Lu's hand with enjoyment. fore these two are dear to me Belle and me's. many moons ago, we's all shared time at "Loveland Castle", me says these are two great "Castleteers" besides just good down-right peoples. we's look forward to it..

Captain, Oh MY Captain Morgan, me Belle and  me's will lift a mug to you and Dwyn, and when we feel the sun upon our faces, we's will know that our Captain Morgan has had Sol bright'n our day. take care our dearest ONE.
Tink and Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Ratman and Bobin

We will be there this weekend also with Jim, Helen and Cher. Stop by and say hi at Creations By CherBear (across from the Swordsmen Stage)!! Cant wait to see everyone!!   :)
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants!
Isaac Newton 1642-1727
Chroniclers of Willy-Nilly

Lord Clisto of York

I am staying at the Super 8 in Mason. At least at the moment.

Sir Samuel

I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE GOOD SIR ON SUNDAY
Knight Templar
Knight of Malta
Knight of the Order of St. John
Castleteer
In God I (WE) Trust
Prince of the True Name
Defender of all Widows, Orphans and Damsels in Distress

Lord Clisto of York

I will be back and forth at the aleing knight pub during the day to see whos there. otherwise i will be at lost viking or about the shire. Hope to see you

Lord Clisto of York

Well, Saturday is over for the faire and I had a blast meeting old friends and making new ones. Took in a few shows and got over 100 pictures. Saw "Albannach" due to all the hype about them and was disappointed to say the least. Sorry to those that like them. I loved the drums but all in all many songs sounded the same and I am Scottish and listen to lots of piping. But, to each his own. Kept checking in at the Aleing Knight Pub to see who else made it to the faire. Will do the same tomorrow on Sunday. Hail me down if you see me. 

I will be in knightly garb sunday and from what I have been told, Sir (doctor) Joe and now possibly Sir William Marcus may be coming. If so, I will be on a crusade to find them and be in their company.
anon for now.

Bugsy

Lord Clisto, It was great to meet you!!

Albannach was 100x better previous years.  The lead drummer has changed and it made a world of difference.  Last year, you could hear them all the way across the faire and you could actually FEEL the music in the ground and the seats.  The new drummer just doesn't cut it like the old one.

I couldn't make out the difference between songs either until I listened to the cd's over and over.

Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Imestra

To my great sorrow, I must agree with Bugsy.  The new lead seems actually timid by comparison.  Still, had a fabulous time due to the company of friends. 

Albannach at the pub sing was all the more thrilling for the intimacy of the venue.  Much more fun,
as it seemed the band was getting a charge out of the audience.

Capt. Morgan

Well...this past weekend was especially fantastic since Dwyn and I originally weren't able to make it....BUT...for once the Fates were kind and we were able to head back to Willy Nilly on the Wash to surprise some dear friends and make new ones! The weather was perfect and friends present and missing were honored, remembered and toasted to!

I hope those of you going to Closing Weekend have a sparkling weekend and tho' we will not be there, we'll be thinking of you all!

Safe Journey!

Captain Morgan
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

Lord Clisto of York

Great seeing you as well Captain M. Glad you could make it. I had a total blast and took a lot of pics. I just finished putting up my pictures from the Ohio Renaissance Faire this past weekend 10/9-10/2010 as well. Just go to the link on my site below and click on the Ohio Faire link.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Lord Clisto, Duke of York