News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where do you want to go next year?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, October 03, 2010, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

For a lot of us, faire season is already over or almost over.  For others, their next faire season has just begun or will begin soon.  So I'm throwing out 2 questions, because I think it will be fun to read everyone's answers.

1.  Where do you want to go during your next faire season?  Other faires for a visit, I mean.  Near or far, doesn't matter. Just a place where you think it really might be possible for you to visit. 

2.  Your "wish list" that might not happen this coming season, but maybe someday.

Now, this is not a thread about "well, such and such faire is much better than that other one."  Hopefully, we are all intelligent enough not to have that happen.  Right?  No drama!  Doesn't seem like this is a topic that would rile people up, but hey, it's happened before with topics that seemed innocent and harmless.   *end of disclosure.  lol*         ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Celtic_Fae

Well, I'll be moving back "home" to MA this summer, so my ideal list (despite probability of lacking funds and college getting in the way):

1. Sterling
2. King Richard's Faire
3. PA Ren
4. TRF

Tygrkat

Definitely Sterling, and possibly BARF and/or PARF...we didn't get to any faires this year due to other expenses taking precedence...keeping my fingers crossed and working hard to be able to put more aside for fun stuff in 2011  :)

If I won a bazillion dollars and could go to all of the faires I wanted to, I would visit all of the above, plus Scarborough, TRF, ColoradoRF, AZRF, and a couple in Michigan, and then I'd work on garb for the Victorian faires that seem to be cropping up...never enough floofy skirts & corsets for me!  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

JJames

My wife and I have always wanted to visit the MNRF for the last few years and we got do that this year!! The MNRF is only 3 hrs away from our new residence! It was a good experience.

Next year however, lol, we will likely be closer to the KCRF, so if that happens, then that is our plan, maybe even season tickets to KCRF if were close enough. I believe NE has a faire or two that we might visit in addition.

We love Bristol, but, don't know how likely we would be to drive from the KC area up to Kenosha.

Not so near future;
TRF and PARF, we'd like to visit some day!

Athena

Three faires that I've really wanted to visit for a long time are Bristol, Sterling, and NYRF. I'm hoping to make at least one of those next year.
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Rebecca

I'm not sure where I'll be living starting in April (either at home in the Bay Area, or in Seattle, ideally) so I'm not sure which faires I could feasibly visit after then. But until then, I'm going to the Lady of the Lakes Faire Nov 5th, BARF the 1st weekend of April, and possibly the Dickens faire in SF the last weekend (if I don't get cast in a show in FL).

And for #2, I would love to visit pretty much all the faires talked about on here. I wish I could go to Sterling every week, since it's my favorite, and I would like another chance at Scarby without a huge storm, and I want to go to TRF, Bristol, PARF, and so many more just off the top of my head.

arbcoind

1.  PARF
2.  Rendevous, where ever if may be in the future.

Gina

Queen Bonnie

I want to go EVERYWHERE!! POOF! I hope my magick spells will work!
Guess I'll have to be happy with going to the TX faires though. It was fun to dream a bit!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

dbaldock

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on October 04, 2010, 11:24:52 AM
I want to go EVERYWHERE!! POOF! I hope my magick spells will work!
Guess I'll have to be happy with going to the TX faires though. It was fun to dream a bit!

You're not planning a trip to Colorado for Rendevous?
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Our goal for 2010 was to become a national act.  We can put a check mark in that box!

Goal for 2011 - Ojai or other pirate festival on the West coast and Brixton in the UK - I think I got my work cut out for me! 
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

SirRichardBear

I'd like to try and make Colorado and Louisiana
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

LadyFae

I'm planning to make Chippewa Falls (WI), Twig (MN) and MNRF.  I also HOPE to make it to Bristol and CO!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

auntiegiggles

Lee and I are planning a trip to Bristol for next year!  (plus CoRF - but we have been there before)

I would love to visit TRF
Everything goes better with giggles

Molden

1. BARF for one "partic'lar" weekend
2. CORF for Rendezvous and th' many cherished sites nearby.
3. Back t' Carolina RF
aaannnnddd...
4. a TRIUMPHANT return visit t' TRF!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

RenStarr

Won't be next year, but at some point in time my short list includes:
CoRF - NYRF - one of the Florida RF's or Pirate Festivals.

I gotta admit, I'm kinda spoiled.  I live in central Texas and within 2.5 hrs I've got TRF, Scarby, and Sherwood and none overlap. 
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night