News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What do you do?

Started by Dinobabe, October 05, 2010, 01:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Oy! I hope it goes your way, Hoowil. I'll toss a toad or two into the cauldron in your behalf.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Hoowil

Hey, either way, I'm already using it as the kick in the pants I needed to get back to school, and finish my degree and credentialing. One way or the other, I'll be ready to teach high school before my kids are in it (by a margin of 3-4 years if all goes well).
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Merlin the Elder

All the best, young man...all the best.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Gregory

Right now I stay home with the lads and lass and am a bar wench one night per week (my one night out).  Now that the little one is in school, I am looking to get back to work as an Executive Assistant, what I once did in a former life.

GryffinSong

I was a software engineer for 15 years. For the last couple of years I've been recovering physically, emotionally, and financially from a battle with breast cancer. I finally seem to have my emotional and physical energy back and am ramping up a career as a fulltime fiber artist. Not yet making a living, but am excited about the future.  :)
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

Lady Gregory

Quote from: GryffinSong on October 15, 2012, 07:18:06 PM
I was a software engineer for 15 years. For the last couple of years I've been recovering physically, emotionally, and financially from a battle with breast cancer. I finally seem to have my emotional and physical energy back and am ramping up a career as a fulltime fiber artist. Not yet making a living, but am excited about the future.  :)

Bless your heart.  Best of luck to you.

Luna

I am a part time circulation clerk for a local library

adamfifer

For many years I was a Music Director and Worship Leader. Diabetes has caused me to now be on SSD due to some issues with my feet, but mostly due to my sight, or lac there of should I say...[/center]

I live in 1 nation under God, but my heart will always be in 7 Nations!!!

Itish/Scotch or Scotch/Irish BEST of SEVEN

Madame Seame Brushnstomp

By day I am a Medical Assistant for two year now, I was in finance as a loan officer before that. The faire is a place I can breath and really be who I want to be without over thinking. I can always have a good time and meet interesting people without having to worry about impressing anyone. I LOVE it.

LibraryPrincess

Been working full-time at my local library for 6.5 years, and currently working on a master's in library science so I can be a legit librarian. ^_^ I was introduced to faire about 7 years ago, and something about it just made me feel like I was home. Been going as often as I can ever since.
Texas Renaissance Festival
Sherwood Forest Faire
Castle of Muskogee
Scarborough Renaissance Festival

raevyncait

I've been in the construction industry (aside from a couple of layoffs) for the better part of 12 years now. My current title is "Accounting Assistant", and I support 2 affiliated companies, processing Accounts Payable functions, serving as the Gatekeeper (both on the phone and for walk-ins), and somewhat of an executive assistant for the President of one of the companies, who is also the VP of the other company.  Until a year and a half ago, all of my experience was commercial, but we've gone back into the residential biz, apparently, and are doing some multi-family housing projects, as well as single family homes.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Rosie Nell

I am a college student slowly (but surely!) working towards becoming a paramedic. After that I am heavily considering attending Fire Academy if the Department will have me.
Texas Renaissance Festivals one and only Cage Lady.