News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weekend Weather Forecast

Started by Butch, August 31, 2010, 03:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKM

yes, nice and cool. hope there are more days like it to come.

Tamtaro

My last two visits to Canterbury have been rainy Saturdays (just in the afternoons though).  This weekend I decided to stick around (bought ye ol' poncho for $3) & was rewarded with some great performances!  The Romani danced boisterously right through it.  The Jolly Rogers did a lively and comedic set of a cappella requests.  Jason Divad brought out some special "end of the day – in the rain" demonstrations of poi and flaming diablo!  You've got to check out his show if you haven't already.  I loved it!  Next weekend looks to be good cool weather – I'm looking forward to that, but was thankful for the performers' rainy-day specials  :)

kcdcchef

my visits are all over the board weather wise from one year to the next. last season was 32F, so cold. BUT I LOVED IT!!!! year before got perfect fall weather, like 55 and sunny with a light breeze. cannot wait to see my weather in 2.5 weeks, hoping for 50F and overcast!

Tamtaro

I think I hit that cold weekend last year too – the Human Chess Match players were so bundled up!!  I felt especially sorry for the frozen Fae.  It was still lots of fun though – I drank my weight in hot cocoa.  One cold & rainy weekend a few years back, my sister & I ducked into a coffee shop.  Some of the royal family was there too.  I shall never forget playing parlor games with Queen Elizabeth over hot cocoa and sweets!!

kcdcchef – I hope you get some perfect weather!   

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on September 29, 2010, 10:54:13 AM
I think I hit that cold weekend last year too – the Human Chess Match players were so bundled up!!  I felt especially sorry for the frozen Fae.  It was still lots of fun though – I drank my weight in hot cocoa.  One cold & rainy weekend a few years back, my sister & I ducked into a coffee shop.  Some of the royal family was there too.  I shall never forget playing parlor games with Queen Elizabeth over hot cocoa and sweets!!

Thanks Tamtaro, will you be there closing wekend?

Delireus

gah, it was suppose to be 71 this weekend and it's shot up to 79 for this Saturday! But, I guess I'd rather it be 80ish and sunny than raining :P I can't wait!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We will be there this weekend (Sat and Sun for sure, maybe Mon) - weather looks great to us
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on October 04, 2010, 10:12:11 PM
Quote from: Tamtaro on September 29, 2010, 10:54:13 AM

Thanks Tamtaro, will you be there closing wekend?

I drive out from Columbia, so plans can change, but at this point I am planning to be out at the Festival the last two Saturdays!  Two more fun-filled weekends!! (and crepe-filled!  I love crepes!) :D

Butch

Are you gonna go to the CentralMORenFest?  I think we'll be there on Sat, 16 Oct.  But back to KCRF for closing day on Sun, 17 Oct.

kcdcchef

Butch I would like to meet you! Closing Sunday you say? Weather looking perfect for closing weekend. And this one.

Butch

kcdcchef:  Yeah, man, sounds good!  I'll be there on closing day, Sunday!  We can post more as the date gets closer!  I look forward to meeting you!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Butch on October 08, 2010, 06:36:03 PM
kcdcchef:  Yeah, man, sounds good!  I'll be there on closing day, Sunday!  We can post more as the date gets closer!  I look forward to meeting you!

you too! look for the long haired dude in jeans that is acting like he should be in garb but isnt!