News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Kinshield Legacy, an epic fantasy adventure

Started by kcmay, October 08, 2010, 07:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcmay

My epic fantasy novel, The Kinshield Legacy, was first published in hardcover in 2005 by a small press. At the five-year mark, they reverted rights back to me, and so I've made it available in various eBook formats and paperback.

A mysterious stone tablet with five magical gems has sat abandoned in a cave for two hundred years. The kingdom is in ruins, with only warrant knights to keep the peace. But then, the gems in the tablet, one by one, disappear.

Warrant knight Gavin Kinshield is a man of many secrets. He's the one deciphering the runes in the tablet. Unless he can find a suitable replacement, he'll be Thendylath's next king. All he really wants is the letter written by his ancestor Ronor Kinshield, champion to King Arek, confessing the truth of how the king perished.

Daia Saberheart, warrior of the Viragon Sisterhood, wants to find the future king and help him claim his rightful place.

Blacksmith Risan Stronghammer wants to reward him with a powerful weapon.

And the sorcerer Brodas Ravenkind wants to capture him, steal his secret and claim the throne for himself.

But when Gavin finally tracks down Ronor's letter, he gets more than he's bargained for, for the truth of King Arek's demise is far darker than he ever imagined.

"The Kinshield Legacy is a rousing good fantasy tale, with nice characterization and some ferocious action. These days I read primarily for business rather than pleasure, but I found myself eager to return to this novel."
~ Piers Anthony, Author of the Xanth novels

"From the very first page, The Kinshield Legacy grabs you by the throat and propels you into a world of magic, sorcery, jeweled-eyed gargoyles and a sisterhood of female warriors. A world where beyonders savage unsuspecting travelers; where a dark, yet charismatic, wizard covets the king's throne for his own and will let no one get in his way—including the rightful ruler. He who claims the King's Bloodstone shall reign as king. Enter Gavin Kinshield, warrant knight and rune solver, a man haunted by his past, and a hero like no other. A rousing debut from K. C. May, an author worth watching."
~ Carol Davis Luce, Author of Night Passage

Blog review by GraceKrispy: http://gracekrispy.blogspot.com/2010/09/review-kinshield-legacy-by-kc-mays.html

The Kinshield Legacy currently has four 5-star reviews at B&N, including:

"The Kinshield Legacy, is a spellbinding tale of magical moments with truly unforgettable characters. You will find this book difficult to put down as you follow the twists and turns of a finely woven story, cheering on the main character as he follows the path to his destiny."
~ a B&N reviewer

"A wonderful, fascinating read from cover to cover. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. As a first novel, The Kinshield Legacy shows an author with extraordinary talent for weaving an intricate tale with believable characters and dialogue."
~ a B&N reviewer

The Kinshield Legacy currently has 10/11 5-star reviews at Amazon, including:

"I was hooked from beginning to end. The Kinshield Legacy sold me on reading more fantasy instead of my usual mystery/suspense fare. The characters are wonderful - well-drawn, interesting, multi-faceted. I found the writing to be superb, especially for a first book. The riveting story and artfully-created world drew me in and kept me there. I look forward to more from K.C. May."
~ an Amazon.com reviewer

"This one grabbed my attention more than anything I have read in awhile. I really am enjoying it (About 3/4 done. I love the characters and the fact that they have feeling and real human emotion, desires, thoughts and actions. They are more than cardboard cutouts. I rarely find books in which the characters are characters I care about and this one had me rooting for the good guys and booing the bad guys. Well done."
~ an Amazon.com reviewer

Read more reviews at Amazon.com

Available for sale at:

Amazon Kindle
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords (Use Coupon Code WG53S to get it for $2.99)
paperback edition
Author web site
Author Blog

Thanks for taking a look!
~KC May
KC May
author of The Kinshield Legacy