News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What would you say your faire style is?

Started by Adriana Rose, October 15, 2010, 12:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

I have been wondering what you guys consider your style to be?

kala83

its hard to say for me cause I wore a kind of nice colorful peasant outfit today at my local faire and tomorrow I will be wearing an eleven dress thats roughly designed from LOTR

Stasiakatt

I would say mine is Irish peasant to middle class depending on my grab. Currently working on a much more middle class grab set then I have worn to date, but still "Irish".
Hubby and boys (5 and 3) are "celtic warriors" in kilts and wooden weapons (since MDRF doesn't allow weapons).

Alphonse

Mine is definitely fantasy though one could claim the idea of wizards existing during the dark ages was historical...

chainshot

I actually have several styles of outfits but of these I would say my main ones are Pirate, Viking and Ithilien Ranger.

Lady L

Depends on the weekend theme, but Arabian, Scottish, English knight, noble, merchant, wizard, elf/fairies and pirates this year, for us.
Former Shop Owner at MNRF

Rosamundi

Great thread, Adriana! I am firmly "lower-middle-middle-class," in part because my sewing skills aren't ready for noble garb yet! But I also have a Celtic look on standby, and I did some light gypsy garb in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago.
Garb: lovingly hand-washed, gently pressed, and hung in climate-controlled closet. Mundane clothing: usually on floor.

Capt. Morgan

I'm only wearing black until something darker comes along...

Immortal Female Privateer a la Maureen O'Hara in any Swashbuckling movie!   ;)
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Catharine

'A feast is made for laughter,
and wine maketh merry'

Randal

Vive Ut Vive

Captain Jack Wolfe

Pirate, pirate, pirate, 100% pirate.  Unless I'm playing a Time Lord (The Doctor), then not so piratey.    :D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

sealion

Hmmm...good question! I started out trying to be a historically accurate wealthy Florentine merchant (well, maybe not so much that first season  ;) ) but, once it dawned on me that no one at faire really gave a rat's weed puller about accuracy, I joined the SCA for the accurate stuff and anything goes at faire! I've got peasant, pirate, "belly dancer", and YES even steampunk! Whatever my mood and th weather dictates. :)
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Dayna

Depends on which faire I'm at.

Some are Noble, very historically accurate.
My home faire varies depending on what's going on that day, usually wench or merchant, or courtesan, occasionally lower noble.
Faires I just visit, any of the above, maybe a bit less HA but my clothing is my advertising, so it's got to look good.
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

dragongirl

It depends on the weather but I can go from Viking to GOP.  I have High Tudor, Yeoman class merchant, ect... I even have some Roman if it really hot. 
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood