News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What would you say your faire style is?

Started by Adriana Rose, October 15, 2010, 12:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

If I'm wearing Briar Rose, I'm the 'servant/ body guard'  Pirate.  If I'm going as Lady stitch I'm technically I'm a middle class servant who went a little nuts.  You know those dye fumes and dealing with one too many divas. 
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Welsh Wench

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Anna Iram

I keep coming to this thread and wondering if, indeed, I actually have a "style". I think I'd have to say Romantic. I like to wear pretty things and dance and laugh and flirt while at faire. Anna and my pirate Deadeye Rose( it's not dead yet...I think it's gettn' better... :D) definitly like to walk on the rosier side of the street.

Rani Zemirah

I like my Gypsy style because it lets me mix things from lots of different cultures and get away with it, because, y'know... Gypsies travel.  ;P  So I can wear Middle Eastern poufy harem pants with my strictly European bodice, and hike my tiered skirt up a bit to show them along with my leather sandals, my Turkish beads and all the interesting little trade goods that dangle off my belt and hide in my basket...  Just wait til next year when I wear the turban and the Turkish coat over it all!  ::)  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Adriana Rose

I went from Pirate to silly garland girl in cute colors and frills to what one of my Garland Girls calls The Garland Madam no clue what she meant but I like the sound of it lol. This year I wore more err with out a better word mature things less cleavage more higher necked shirts so Id classify it as Merchant middle class with out the bells and whistles that H/A calls for

LadyFae

Lower nobility (or at least upper middle) or fairy. I like to feel pretty.
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Lady Christina de Pond

Lower nobility/cavalier/Dame(female knight for those who don't know this)
may go pirate next year depends on how much i like my halloween look.
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Butch

16th century sailor.  Very minimal, very plain.

robert of armstrong

Wandering Warrior/Monster Hunter/Dragon Slayer/Thief of Lady's Virtue

The monsters and dragons must be truly bad, not just a nuisance for me to deal with;

The ladies only slightly so.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Tygrkat

Upper/Noble-ish. I love all the trim & skirts & gems & jewelry...Hysterically Historically Approximate   ;)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

SethB

Lady Rosaline

I'm more into fantasy. But, i do have some gypsy and peasant garb.   
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Zardoz

"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

SethB

Completely not HA, but I frankly don't give a damn. Now bring on more cider please!

Yrose

Lower nobility/cavalier/Dame. Yep that sounds pretty much like me, maybe throw in a little wench in there.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!