News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What would you say your faire style is?

Started by Adriana Rose, October 15, 2010, 12:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amyj

I'd say I'm a little bit of everything...although, those who know me don't "believe" me when I'm dressed as a "Lady".  Snort!  ;D  Guess I have just a bit too much wench in me!  :-*  But since I'm basically lower middle class in real life (being broke and all), I DO like to at least pretend to be upper class at faire!  And that way I get to wear my two favorite colors: Shiny and Sparkly!  ;)  But, I do gypsy-ish, wench-ish, merchant-ish, fae-ish, pirate-ish, etc.  I guess that makes my style "ISH"!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

gem

Maithu Ruadh

Sounds right to me! Case in point --- some Landsknechts wore pants so baggy and poofy with such huge codpieces that they were outlawed by religious leaders as being too outrageous.

Kate XXXXXX

Downwardly mobile!   :D

Having fallen on hard times, Lady Prudence has to earn her living, but does it in a genteel fashion, making high class garb for her peers.

I'm LARPing rather than Fairing.

scarletnyx

I would tend to describe my current faire style as "breezy".

I have two working outfits right now, a Druid and a "autumn fairy" kinda deal, but after wearing the autumn fairy corset to Sherwood and having a bathroom mishap, I really am not feeling corsets right now. But all of my current clothes are pretty light, breezy, and 100% cotton. I just love feeling the wind rustling through my clothes and the feeling of fabric billowing around me as I move.

I do wanna add a female Templar knight ( Shiny pauldrons! ) to my garb set before TRF, and hopefully before SWFF next year I can go as a Taureg wife to compliment my husband's garb. But still breezy and relaxed.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Drudonn

Currently I have a wizard persona (to which I'm devoting some time, effort, and revision currently), and a (fairly) historically accurate mid-3rd century BC Manipular Roman Army officer (the armor of which may pull double duty as Poseison, god of the sea, when paired with my trident).

My "style" I would say is "mix-and-match."  I do a variety of costuming things, from Renfaire to drag, and I've got lots of pieces which go back and forth between my various characters.

NefariousDrO

I started out doing a fairly accurate Viking, but moved into fantasy. After wearing an uber-heavy dragonscale armor a couple of years I'm now falling into barbarian/goblin styles. The scruffier the better, it seems...

flidais

Oh my...I have been really all over the place.  Wench, noble, steampunk, medieval, elf, Irish, Scottish, Indian, everything.  I try to tie it all together with my name, Flidais, a Celtic deity that was a shapeshifter.  So I figure that gives me the right to be something different every weekend. 

This year though I am really into tribal fusion belly dance, so I'm planning my garb around that. 

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

High Class Noble Pirate?

OK Venetian Courtesan, Meets the 1st and last wife of King Henry VIII, meets Elizabethan noble meets Funky Pirate of the early 15th Century
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e