News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Owner of Michigan ren faire Jim Peterson

Started by rennie4life, January 24, 2011, 10:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rennie4life

Ever wonder where all the ticket money goes to? He lets the place fall to shambles.  Here's what he's spending it all on!
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2060-Shoreline-Dr-Wayzata-MN-55391/1832308_zpid/

It's worth 2.5 mil according to Hennepin County property info!

auntiegiggles

He owns MNRF too.  We have fallen into such shambles we have condemned buildings (the Hall of Masters); Gate C collapsed at the end of last year due to the blasting which also took out the top of one of the jousting towers.   :P  I doubt MNRF will be open much longer...we are losing patron parking to the gravel pits next year. 
Everything goes better with giggles

gypsyqueenie

Ok to each his own. Business is business. If this is his personal residence so be it. It's none of our business.
Admiral Morgan Ramirez MD
Pirate Lord of Lake Huron
Brethren of the Great Lakes Inc
Michigan Pirate Festival
etc

CarnevaleDellaMuse

Due Ducats di Venizia:

Unless one has run an event as large as MNRF, MIRF, KCRF, and BARF, one simply has no idea what kind of costs are involved in this business. I'm sure it includes - but is certainly not limited to: property taxes, insurance, infasctructure, licences, permits, landscaping, marketing, printing, payroll, food...and that likely only touches the main expenses. And there are probably a million more incidentals on top of that. Now multiply that by 4-5 faires....

Like it or not, Mid America Festivals is not a publicly traded company. The company belongs to Peterson, therefore the money he makes from it is his to do with as he chooses.

So... if you still really want to know what he spends all of his money on? Get hired as his  accountant.

The Rabbi

While the possible loss of any fair is a dissapointing thought we must all live with the events that surround us. Unless you are willing to take action to improve or change things then there is not much that can be done. Accept ones fate or take action but do not blame another for what you yourself do not stand up for.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Sitara

Did you happen to notice that the house was last sold 30 years ago?  Also, as far as I know, a vast amount of his income goes to alimony for his ex wives.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

kcdcchef

People love to bellyache about all renfaires. The man does NOT own Texas renaissance Faire and Pittsburgh Renaissance Faire, they are on here complaining 24/7 about how Godawful the ownership of their faires are. Accept a fact folks, if it were your business you would do things that would not be popular too.   

What almost no one wants to admit is most all renfaires were started 30 years ago ++ and were started as benefits, mainly through volunteer efforts and labors of love. Fast forward to 2011, they still are if you think about it. I highly doubt Peterson or anyone else is getting rich off these things. do the math, insurance, property taxes, payroll, waste involved ( these things are high waste, food when you are only open weekends??!!!! ) training that goes into it, advertising, trust me, these things are not financial windfalls. What has happened to most RenFaires is that people remember something that really wasn't. Most faires are still as awesome as they always were. and will continue to be. And when the longer term employees FINALLY bail due to not being able to handle it, more actors will take their places. And be just as beloved in time.