News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lets Bring Back the Pub Sing!

Started by Lord Cartwright, October 18, 2010, 08:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should CRF Bring back the Pub Sing?

Yes
No
Yes and get a real pub.

Lord Cartwright

Okay so far the new Minstrels Revel is pretty good,but lets get the pub sing back. Not every thing at CRF has to be kid friendly. I miss hearing  Shamus and Bret.

If you agree post here and let Matt know.

Raibeart OShea

Absolutely!  We apparently missed the news release and on day one, we hung around waiting for the pub to fill...how disappointed we were when nobody showed up!  There is a LOT to enjoy at CRF, but that was one of the better parts for us.

It allows a moment to take a load off your feet and finish your beer (or down one last one).  A moment to enjoy the players one more time before packing it up and heading for the parking lot.  It gives you a taste of some you may have missed so that when you come back (and you DO come back) you will be looking for where those players are performing.  My Lady and I vote YES! Bring back the Pub Sing.
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Hibernian

The gentlemen are right, CRF needs an end of the day pub sing.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Molden

Add me to the list...

...tho I don't sing in public. Been paid NOT to! Does that make me a professional non-singer? lol
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

LadyDracolich

I'd certainly prefer a proper pub sing over what they're doing this year.  I don't particularly enjoy being 'sung' out of fair at the gates.  I feel particularly self conscience when they're all looking at me as I'm leaving faire. :/
I don't know what you've heard, none of it is factual, but it's all true.

amy

As a new guest at Fairhaven, I had really looked forward to a pub sing and had asked several folk around the shire where and when to be ready... nothing happened.  Although the singing of The Mermaid was nice... it is long, and I do miss seeing a sum up of all the musical acts and an opportunity to give a hug and a kiss farewell to all the friends I meet.    Although nothing could have dampened our enjoyment of our first visit...   having a proper pub sing would have sent the experience over the top.

Lady Auroriann

I agree totally! It was a wonderful end to the day for Rennies and no more bawdy that the last Tortuga or Washing Well Wenchs shows!

Wandering Rogue

Quote from: Hibernian on October 19, 2010, 04:22:28 PM
The gentlemen are right, CRF needs an end of the day pub sing.

So true. CRF needs a true pub also.
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Pharmar Greybeard & Maria

My best memories of Renfaires is the Pub Sing. Hope it returns. Looks like the mermaid song at closing gate is out. Saturday we had a "volley baton" game
Fun, but not Pub Sing

Raibeart OShea

Looks as though there is an official reason for the Pub Sing being gone...  My wife and I had a conversation with (someone official) and he explained that since the official end of day music gathering was supposed to be at the minstrels roost and the pub sing was taking attendees and musicians from that, well, one had to go.  Since the gathering at the roost was the 'official' one, it survived the cut.  Plus the fact that people would be still at the pub sing long after cannon was not helping.

I hate to see it go, and although I may not agree with it, I understand the reasoning.  Too Bad...it was one of my favorite parts.
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Lord Cartwright

Gee the official line sounds so good, but if you speak to most of the cast it becomes just so much BS, the reason it was canceled was an attempt to get the musicians to the mermaid. So what the patrons wanted (or it would not have ran over every night) is canceled so we can all be bored by Mermaid, and to make it a faire that only the ankle biters can enjoy.  If CRF is really so worried about keeping this faire PG or below, why is there a pub, every few feet? Seems to me drunken mundanes are more worrisome then a few songs.

If you don't believe this rant, at least 3 of the songs from last year we requested from performers this week end we were told they were not allowed to sing anymore.