News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MidWinter Exchange 2010

Started by Dinobabe, October 24, 2010, 05:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

1. Favorite Color:
2. Hobbies:  
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:
4. One interesting fact about yourself:
5. Favorite Movie/Book:
6. One word to describe you:
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?
13. Favorite Music:
14. Things I collect:
15. Briefly describe your character:

The sign-up deadline will be Monday, November 22th.  That way you can utilize the Thanksgiving holiday sales!  

RULES:
Please post the responses to the questionnaire here on the forum (and if you can think of anything else that would be helpful, please do add it!  We can never know TOO much...well, wait, I suppose we actually could...but you know what I mean ;)).  Then please pm me your forum name, real name, and mailing address.  You must pm me to be included in the exchange.

Deadline to mail gifts out will be December 15th (that is a Wednesday, so that people should have them in hand before whichever holiday they choose to celebrate.  Don't feel like you need to spend a small fortune!  As always, the minimum price is a stamp and an envelope.  In the past, people have received books, faire accessories, faire favors, CDs, DVDs, calendars, all kinds of beautiful hand made items...be creative!  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (I cannot say please enough on this one!!!), if you think there is a chance that you will not be able to afford to do this, do NOT sign up!  It is not fair to the person who is waiting for a gift to have their secret gift fairy back out at the last minute.  I *do* understand that sometimes unexpected situations happen after you have signed up...if that is the case, just let me know, and I will get your person rematched.  But if you are expecting to be a little short on dough this year, please do not sign up!  

And as always have fun!!! :D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Dinobabe

1. Favorite Color: Inferno Orange Metallic, but my garb is natural deep colors
2. Hobbies:  baking, sewing, Civil War reenacting
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: not really
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I LOVE making pies don't like to eat them!
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Lion King/Yankee Pasha
6. One word to describe you: eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I love making novelty cakes
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes!
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) No
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) natural, earthy
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Bristol, TNRF
13. Favorite Music: Anything but Rap, gotten into bellydance music recently
14. Things I collect: Lion King memorabilia, fossils, rocks, fabric ;)
15. Briefly describe your character: Pirate, noble, explorer, adventurer, artistic, creative
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

BubbleWright

I'm in..........

1. Favorite Color: Dark Blue
2. Hobbies: Kite flying, making bubbles, bicycling, RC ships, tinkering, collecting (DVDs, die cast autos & airplanes, 1950's-60's       
    radios) 
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: none
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Profiled in the book Friends, Neighbors & Folks Down The Road, a collection of 58       
    stories about interesting (and/or strange!!) people in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland.
5. Favorite Movies: Lawrence of Arabia, The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951), Casablanca, The Train (1964), and Jaws           
               Books: The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
6. One word to describe you: Unique
7. Anything else you wish to include: a collection of bubble videos of things I have done over the years-
               http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3109484122483269293#
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum :
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Food Allergies?? Don't laugh... Turkey. Also, I'm diabetic... no sugar
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Lavender
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Home- PaRenFaire, Visit- MD Renaissance Festival and many one day/weekend 
     events.
13. My Character: A tinker who has built a hand operated bubble machine to entertain nipperkin and adults alike.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Celtic Lady

1. Favorite Color: shades of green esp. dark greens, copper, earth tones

2. Hobbies: music, crafts, digital photography (beginner level), faire

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes... rings (size 8.5), necklaces, earrings

4. One interesting fact about yourself: my second and third toes on both feet are somewhat "webbed". my dad's were as well and so are my son's. mine are more so than
than my dad's and my son's are more than mine.

5. Favorite Movie/Book: comedies, fantasy, Disney, some dramas

6. One word to describe you: quiet

7. Anything else you wish to include: Christmas is my favorite holiday, i love Arabian horses, i love hot cocoa and hot teas, i love being out in the country/woods enjoying nature, i enjoy the true finer things of life... family, friends, good food, good music, nature, and laughter

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Sir Morgan... my husband, have met Sir Clisto, Lady Rosalind

9. Do you have an R/F pin?:  yes

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): no

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): cinnamon, apple, forest scents, earthy, spicy, clean, fresh..... not too big on heavy foral or vanilla scents.

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: Des Moines and MIRF

13. Favorite Music: country, oldies, rock, celtic

14. Things I collect: recipes, breyer horses (mostly Arabians), snowglobes,

15. Briefly describe your character: I don't really have one but if I did she'd be like me... gentle, quiet, sweet, down-to-earth, selling candles that she and her husband make.

ArielCallista

OMG I totally forgot about the Midwinter exchange! *squee* this is exactly whatI needed to come across today :)

1. Favorite Color: neon colors especially orange, teal, deep purples, and any shade of blue
2. Hobbies: sewing, general crafting, drawing, sewing, shopping, and did I mention sewing...
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear jewelry all the time! I prefer silver, but will wear just about anything...
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I dye my hair all the time
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Scott Pilgrim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
6. One word to describe you: outlandish
7. Anything else you wish to include: I looooove Disney!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Eloquent XI is my roommate!
9. Do you have an R/F pin? yup yup
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) nuts, strawberries, and seafood
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) fruity scents and cinnamon, not a fan of flowery scents
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Scarby!
13. Favorite Music:I listen to a really inconsistent array of weird music...lots of mainstream...lots of very not mainstream...
14. Things I collect: disney snow white stuff!, star wars stuff (especially r2d2 han solo and boba fett stuff), and hats!,
15. Briefly describe your character: lol which one...it really all depends on how I'm feeling but theres 2 main ones and I'm prolly adding a third...1. Pirate: from norway, raised on a ship in the mediterranean, traveled with gypsies, joined her current crew in india...lots of indian inspired stuff combined with gypsy things and whatever else I like to add it...definitly not conventional in looks or behavior...2. Ariel Callista, my original persona, pretty standard bellydancer...soon to be 3. a faerie! lots of pond/river ish things...inspired a bit by Princess Tiana's lilypad dress (Disney's Princess and the Frog)

basically if you find anything rare, collectible or adorable thats snow white or r2d2 I'll squee til I die...same with anything that can help me expand my garb :)

Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Delireus

1. Favorite Color: Green, as well as red and gold together
2. Hobbies: Making chain maille and jewelry, sewing, crafting, scrap booking, antiquing
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yep I wear it all. I'm a size 7 in rings and I like two-toned jewelry, like something having silver and gold in it.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I would love to be a historical archaeologist in Europe.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Very tough one for movies. That's between The Princess and the Frog and Clerks I suppose. For books, I love the Sandman series but mostly now days I read nonfiction, anything dealing royal families or with the history of England up until the 1700's. 
6. One word to describe you: Spontaneous
7. Anything else you wish to include: I very much love steampunk. I'm trying to put together a second set of garb for a steampunk look. I'm also a full time student getting my degree in technical theatre, emphasis on props.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: no one yet
9. Do you have an R/F pin? nope
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) nope
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) I don't like scents very much, strong things give me headaches, but i do like linen, ocean, and rain
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF (home) and Kansas City renfest
13. Favorite Music: My favorite band is Nightwish, but I also like bagpipe, celtic and folk music as well as rock.
14. Things I collect: Miniature and full size swords/weapons and old keys
15. Briefly describe your character: I don't really have a character I play, but I'm working towards a pirate persona. I have the garb I like, I'm just trying to figure out which accessories help convey a piraty look.

This is my first year doing this, I think it's a great idea and I'm excited!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Tygrkat

1. Favorite Color(s): purple, silver, blue, green, red, black, brown
2. Hobbies: baking/making candies, cooking, making music, reading, hiking, watching movies
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I prefer silver or natural materials, I do have pierced ears (multiple times, and the piercings closer to the lobe and the lobe itself are gauged) and I love rings (my 'ring' finger is size 5 1/2), bracelets, and necklaces.  
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I was married at Sterling Renaissance Festival
5. Favorite Movie/Book: It's IMPOSSIBLE for me to pick just one, but I love Fantasy/Horror fiction, Historical Non-fiction, Harry Potter (books & movies); Chuck Palahniuk (author of "Fight Club"), David Sedaris, Augustin Burroughs, Neil Gaiman, Poe, and H.P. Lovecraft are some of my favorite authors.  
6. One word to describe you:Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I love animals, especially cats (small or large), and anything with a peacock motif
9. Do you have an R/F pin?: Yep
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): no food allergies
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): vanilla, spice, woody scents, mint, leather, earthy scents
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: Sterling, and we visit BARF on occasion
13. Favorite Music: Again, too many to list all of them, but I love faire music (period accurate and period-inspired), hard rock/heavy(black/death/some thrash) metal, industrial/Gothic/electronic, classical (especially Bach!), 80's New Wave & "alternative" (remember back in the good ol' days when Mtv played music, and there was a show on Sunday nights called 120 Minutes? That stuff.) music, Punk, Funk, some disco, some (OLD) country, Snoop Dogg (because almost everyone loves Snoop!)
14. Things I collect: some cat statues (think the ones you see in Asian restaurants), peacock items, garb, cookbooks
15. Briefly describe your character: She's the noble, more fabulous, eccentric, bubbly, gregarious, and selectively extroverted version of me  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

irish

1. Favorite Color(s): emerald green, blues
2. Hobbies:  sewing,
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: necklaces 22 inches...pendants usually Celtic in nature....sterling silver
4. One interesting fact about yourself: love anything to do with Egypt & I love the old musical movies... :D
5. Favorite Movie/Book: I like a little of everything
6. One word to describe you: eclectic....lol!
7. Anything else you wish to include: I love wine trailing and going to mead shops!!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: *from faire* ~  Lady Amy of York, photomike, Ozium, Tygrkat, Xantrawler
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you): can't do sugary stuff  
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) woody/earthy scents
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Sterling renaissance festival  ;D
13. Favorite Music: Celtic, most anything....but no hip hop
14. Things I collect: collecting anything to do with dragonflies
15. Briefly describe your character: Impish  ;)
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Auryn

How exciting and yet I can't believe its time for exchange again.

1. Favorite Color: blue, purple and silver
2. Hobbies: leather working, playing volleyball (indoor only), baking, sewing, reading
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear mostly silver- earrings, rings and necklaces.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: apparently I have fat eyeballs. So much so that there are literally only a handful of contacts made in my preferable diameter.
5. Favorite Movie/Book:Lord of the Rings (book and Movie), The Neverending story (book and movie), Labyrinth (Jim Henson version), Harry Potters, Sweeny Todd and Back to the Future, oh and most Disney movies.
6. One word to describe you: Odd
7. Anything else you wish to include: I really love bright colored makeup especially loose powder eye shadows and lipstick. I am in the process of getting blue and white highlights and purple contacts.
9. Do you have an R/F pin? no
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no (I just really am not a fan of things with a lot of cinnamon)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.): Lavendar, cotton blossom, apple blossom,
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Home fair is FLARF, also attend BARF in Tampa.
13. Favorite Music: 80s and 90s pop, Enya, Loreena McKennit, Albannach (http://www.albannachmusic.com/)
14. Things I collect: Dragons (celtic/european not asian), elves, scarves, little boxes (wood or metal) with celtic knots
- my fantasy character is a woods woman/druid archer.
-I am working on an Italian ren middle class character, no specifics yet
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Yay!

1. Favorite Color: Hmmm, I love love green, purple, blue, and silver.
2. Hobbies: Reading, writing, traveling, photography, Cosplay
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I love to wear silver rings - but it just depends on the ring itself what size. Anywhere between a ten and a twelve. I also like pirate-like necklaces . . . for example I have necklaces with keys on them, wrapped crystals, beads of garnet, and chainmail. And gypsy jewelry - coin bracelets and belts and scarves! I love the jingle noises!
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I love faeries!
5. Favorite Movie/Book: I love the Harry Potter series, but I also really like Twilight, graphic novels by Jhonen Vasquez, mysteries, and paranormal fantasy novels. I recently got into liking the Scott Pilgrim movie, and I started to read the graphic novels as I find them. I have found the first three currently.
6. One word to describe you: Unique.
7. Anything else you wish to include: I have a wig fetish that worries people sometimes, lol. And I'm also addicted to my iPhone.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: A lot . . . the list is pretty long. Mostly people in the KY, TN, and OH area.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yup.
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) None!
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Black cherry, black current, pomegranate, sandalwood, lavender.
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?: Kentucky and Ohio. Hoping to expand out this year.
13. Favorite Music: Faire music (Bounding Main!!!!), Celtic, Sea Shanties, Punk, Musicals, Metal.
14. Things I collect: Faerie statues, wigs, foreign coins, old alcohol bottles, interesting jars and bottles, vampyric novelties.
15. Briefly describe your character: She's a wandering pirate . . . known to many, affiliated with none. Wears a collection of her travels in the form of the many necklaces she has. For as known as she is, her past is mostly a mystery. The most anyone knows is that she was born into wealth and privilege, but gave it up to be free.
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

WindChime

1. Favorite Color:Autume colors
2. Hobbies:  beading, bakeing & reading
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear silver. necklaces 20" or longer and earrings
4. One interesting fact about yourself:I am extreamly shy
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Horror movies anything from the black & white to the newer stuff. Stephen King & Anne Rice are my fav books
6. One word to describe you: Eclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I love Halloween & I am a huge BELL & Tail freak
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Most of the ORF and KHRF people
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yuppers
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) Nope
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Vanilla, chocolate
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? ORF & KHRF
13. Favorite Music: Faire bands, celtic groups, heavy metal, industrial, 70's & 80's
14. Things I collect: Horror movie dolls, teddy bears, Bells, tails, fairies
15. Briefly describe your character:wingless fairy and a gypsy. Just depends on my mood for the day

Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

dbaldock

1. Favorite Color:  Dark Purples and Dark Greens

2. Hobbies:  Photography, Reading - P.G. Wodehouse comedies, D ick Francis mysteries, Doctor Who Sci-Fi (original series novels), Walking for Exercise, Building PC's for myself and friends

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: 18.5" James Avery Silver Necklace with Cross

4. One interesting fact about yourself:  I'm an Anglophile and really enjoy reading and watching things about the British Isles and Republic of Ireland

5. Favorite Movie/Book:  Practically any movies made by Cary Grant or Fred Astaire (I've got a lot of them), Any book written by P.G. Wodehouse (I've got a lot of them)

6. One word to describe you:  I'm a Geek (Electronics Technician working at NASA - Johnson Space Center)

7. Anything else you wish to include:  I looooove Chocolate! :D

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:  I've met some of the people who attend Scarborough Faire, Sherwood Forest Faire, TRF, and MNRF

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  No

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  No

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)  Something manly or Citrusy, but not Flowery

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  I live closer to Texas Renaissance Festival and Sherwood Forest Faire now, but still sort-of consider Scarby as my Home Faire (since it was my first)

13. Favorite Music:  Traditional Celtic, some Modern Celtic, Ren Faire performers, Contemporary Christian, Big Band, Classical, Jazz (Traditional rather than Avant-garde)

14. Things I collect:  Wondrous Works in Wood Mugs, PC parts, (I used to collect car stereo equipment and speaker components for building loudspeaker systems, but nowhere to work/build in this apartment)

15. Briefly describe your character:  I haven't really developed a character, but my costume consists of pants, shirts, and hats bought from House of Dra, and shoes from Catskill Mountain Moccasins

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Rani Zemirah

1. Favorite Color: Deep rusty orange and/or heathery green
2. Hobbies: Faire, crafting, sculpting stone, writing, traveling, garb collecting...
3. Do you wear jewelry?  Yes, necklaces, usually stone and/or brass beads (my skin doesn't treat silver well)...
4. One interesting fact about yourself: I have an entire visual artist's studio, including easel, watercolors, oils, pastels and acrylics, brushes and canvases, but I still don't know how to paint...
5. Favorite Movie/Book: The Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara ( I know, I thought it was odd, also, but there you go...) and Silverlock by John Meyers Meyers...
6. One word to describe you: Intrepid...
7. Anything else you wish to include: My personal style is that of an Eclectic/Bohemian/Morrocan living in Tuscany, and I love things that have been hand made just for me...
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: Lots from the Texas Forums, mostly, and Blushing... and Luciana, although we haven't actually met in person.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  Fresh garlic (no, really...)
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Pure botanical oils in citrus, cinnamon or very light floral (synthetics set off my allergies)
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Norman Medieval Festival (home), Scarby and TRF
13. Favorite Music: Any Faire music...
14. Things I collect: Dictionaries (particularly foreign language translations), traditional Turkish tea glasses and coffee cups/saucers, Tarot decks and spell books...
15. Briefly describe your character: Wandering Gypsy storyteller, herbalist, palm, rune and Tarot reader... mystical, yet humorous, with a bit of mischief thrown in for good measure...  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Ferret

1. Favorite Color: Blue
2. Hobbies:  Trains
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: No
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Left eye is 2 colors
5. Favorite Movie/Book: 13th Warrior - collection of Poe's works
6. One word to describe you: outgoing
7. Anything else you wish to include: My dog Auggie loves me.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: I've met Storm and Deadbishop
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  No
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) coffee
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? MNRF
13. Favorite Music: Rock
14. Things I collect: Feast of Fantasy mugs
15. Briefly describe your character: mundane

wildthingjew

1. Favorite Color: green
2. Hobbies:  sewin kinda.
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: yes, silver 9 ring about it
4. One interesting fact about yourself: very uninteresting
5. Favorite Movie/Book: gone with the wind
6. One word to describe you: obnoxious
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum: lady renee buchanan, goody, and a few others.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) no
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) elf or dark elf by majikah and greensleeves by old world oils
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attend? bristol-home and tn try to visit yearly
13. Favorite Music: country, rennie
14. Things I collect: cats
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett