News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Squee! New Kilt

Started by Lady Kett, October 27, 2010, 08:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

Total Squee-worthy day today!

Received a lovely 8 yard, 16 oz wool Isle of Skye kilt sewn by Lady Chrystel. Ordered a Ferguson Britt bobcat sporran, hose and garter ties (hose and ties for those non ren-Faire occassions, and for posting on Xmarks as they surely don't have a proper appreciation of Faire!!!)

I know I've seen a lot of our Scottish dressed Faire menfolk proclaim they'd never wear "a tank" to Faire but my God this thing should be indestructible. I am hoping it will make it's first Faire appearance at TRF for Celtic Christmas. Methinks the hubby is going to need some seriously cool weather for its debut.

Squee squee squee. It's gorgeous. I can't wait to show off hubby in his new kilt. I might need new garb to coordinate! :)

Now, for anyone who does their homework (or has a clue about such things)...I've been saving for this for awhile. Technically it is a 25th wedding anniversary gift. Which is in May of 2012. But I hit the savings target quite early and would rather look at him IN the kilt it for the next 18 months than wish we had it during that time!  ::)

God, I love men in kilts. <happy dance>

Merlin the Elder

What day in May, Lady Kett? Nimue and I are on the 21st of May... but in 2012 it will be 40 years.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

May 29, 2012 for 25. Coincidentally, closing Sunday of Scarborough 2012 <whistle innocently>. Which would mean yours is the Saturday of the weekend before! Hopefully you can bend the ether to your wizardly ways and we will be able to visit with you and your lady for both!

Zardoz

Congrats on the Lady Chrystel! And IOS is a great tartan, I hope to see it a faire!

But yeah... I won't be wearing any of my tanks to faire!  ;)
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

DonaCatalina

Wow, I can't wait to see it. Could we have some sneak previews?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kett

I might need to wait for the new sporran. Which is unfortunately on a 6 to 8 week delivery schedule. But I will see what I can talk himself into! :)