News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Oklahoma's New Spirit Of Magic Faire - Apr 17/18

Started by Craigmeister, April 05, 2010, 11:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

Good day.  A new Renaissance Faire will be held during the last 2 weekends of this month.  The Spirit Of Magic Faire will take place near Spavinaw, OK.  I have heard good reviews of the Elven Drums.  The Ladies Of The Salty Kiss relay humorous pirate stories.  The Steel Serenity sword fighters are quite entertaining as well.  I should have my Meister's Realm tent up during both weekends of this event.

The website is http://www.hyer-aim.com/index.html

The Copperhead Rally Grounds are 1/2 mile south of the Hwy 82 & Hwy 20 junction near Lake Spavinaw.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

As a clarification:

- Spirit of Magic is 1 weekend only - April 17 & 18, 2010

- Elvendrums will not be joining us this year (contact either Devan or the festival owner for details as I don't have any, lol)

-The Rest of us on the website will be there!  So bring your Spirit of Adventure .... you Spirit of Enjoyment ... and come join us in Spavinaw, Oklahoma for Spirit of Magic!

Slan!
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Craigmeister

Grammercy for the date update.  I've amended my website to reflect a 1 weekend event only.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

There was a great time to be had at Spavinaw last weekend!  Sure, it rained (lightly) most of the time but there was still great spirit throughout the realm.  The laughs did not stop all weekend.

There was thorough entertainment from Steel Serenity.  Ezra & Dilly did a great job of playing period & funny music.  If you ever see them on an entertainment schedule, be sure to treat yourself to a few of their sets.  The Ladies Of The Salty Kiss relayed several funny stories over the weekend.  The king was a big hit!  I've never seen such a jovial ruler.  His laughter kept us in stitches as he could be heard laughing from all over the realm.  Huzzah!

Fortunately, there are already plans for a faire again next year.  I hope to see you there.

The Rabbi

Many thanks to those who did attend this years fest from the humble owner of The Spirit of Magic. 2011 dates are still being bantered about as a biker event took precedence over our originally planned dates. We are currently looking at April 8th and 9th and trying to avoid conflicting dates with The Great Plains Fest. Norman is the 2nd and 3rd if not mistaken. I refuse to let the executioners axe fall upon this fest without giving it a very good fight. Hopefully complete with working trebuchets. 
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

Working trebuchets?  Huzzah!  The last of those I saw was at Tulsa's King's Champion Medieval Faire.  They have been sorely missed in Oklahoma for the last 4 or 5 years since OKRF quite using theirs.

The Rabbi

Not only working trebuchets but I intend to have a contest as well. Right now there are plans for four smaller working trebuchets for contestants and one full scale working trebuchet with demonstrations. I know the contest Trebuchets will be 100% depending on the area in use the full size may be limited firing as in distance.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Shilori

HUZZAH I have found my home faire! HOPEFULLY soon I will have an updated version of the website ready lol, getting stuff ready for that now. Nice to see you again craigmeister!

The Rabbi

The new dates for The Spirit of Magic are Sat. May 14th and Sun. May 15th 2011. Have several new things planned for this years event. Trebuchet Contest and a Castle Siege Obstacle Course Challenge has been made. As always volunteers and vendors are needed will have a new websighy up soon with contact information.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

Those ideas sound great!  I'll be updating my website soon w/ the new dates.  If anyone wants to send me some detailed info, I can can put a new page on my site for Renfaires in the region.  Maybe I'll call it "Focus On The Faire".

The Rabbi

I know i for one greatly appreciate all that Meislers Realm does for us smaller fairs and can not say Thank you nearly enough. We are making changes to our web page as we speak and have the new dates posted at the bottom of the page for now. Once we have everything carved into the soap bubbles will try and send you an itenerary and I do hope we will be honored by your prescence again this upcoming year.
Proud member of FOKTOP

Craigmeister

You are quite welcome.  I'm happy to provide information on all of the fyne Renfaires in the region.  I hope to help them all grow and flourish.  I am quite blessed to know so many good vendors and entertainers who let me know when and where faires are popping up.

I'll certainly be ready to set up my tent at the Spirit of Magic Faire again next spring.  I had loads of fun last April!  I got to know a lot of great entertainers that weekend.

The Rabbi

If even one person had fun then that proves to be far more valuable then money..... Grammercy I am but you humble servant on this hopefully wonderouse trip to the Spirit of Magic. My e-mail account is fubared at this time so please bare with me on getting information, I do have a much better site running with much info there if that will help any.
Proud member of FOKTOP