News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

When you wear your armor...

Started by Obadiah Jib, November 03, 2010, 08:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obadiah Jib

Do you find that people often like to punch you when you wear your armor to a festival or event?  Bonk you on the head when you wear a helm?  Mostly I'm looking at drunken patrons but include cast and playtrons.
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.

chainshot

In short, Yep.  What bothers me most is when it's perfect strangers that do it.

Chris B

I have never had that happen.  Of course I am told that I have a "Do not F with me" aura and usually do not look like someone to screw with.  The only exception was allowing Tartanic to use me as a percussion instrument in one of their sets, but they asked permission first.

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Chris B on November 05, 2010, 07:49:08 AM
I have never had that happen.  Of course I am told that I have a "Do not F with me" aura and usually do not look like someone to screw with.  The only exception was allowing Tartanic to use me as a percussion instrument in one of their sets, but they asked permission first.

LOL. Ok that mental image made my day. Thanks!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Chris B

I have pictures.... ;D

The funny part was watching Adrian try to place me when I played with Wine and Alchemy on Dove Meadow a year later.  When I told him, he laughed and said that was it....

Obadiah Jib

I have told more than one patron that wearing armor doesn't make you immune to pain.  It just takes a wound that would kill you or cripple you to wound you can walk away from.

Oddly I am amazed how loud it sounds when someone bonks me on the head.  Sometimes I have trouble hearing for 10 minutes afterwards.
First Mate of the Portobello Rose.
I'm not the captain, I just dress better than he does.