News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Propane tent heaters

Started by LadyStitch, November 01, 2010, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

Quote from: LadyStitch on November 02, 2010, 08:19:53 AM
What is bugging me is that unless I go to a large sporting goods store I can't find hand warmer packs.  I still have 2-3 left over from last year but with the temps droping into the low 40's I would like a few extra, even if all they end up doing is going in my bodice during faire to keep me warm.

We have tried 3 walmarts and no heat packs.  By now we can typically find them everywhere.  Must be the warm fall.

Lady Stitch, we saw some hand warmer packet doo-dads on Sunday night at a local D/FW CVS at the checkout. Sidekick says to look for stores catering to hunting - Dicks Sporting Goods, Academy, Bass Pro etc.

If you really can't find them let me know, I'll run to my CVS and we can hook up with you locally.

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Ozium on November 02, 2010, 08:47:25 AM
The only heater i would even suggest is a Mr. Heater, aka buddy heater. It has low O2 shutoff, tip sensors
and the big boy even has a battery operated blower. They work very good and are safe, we use them out
on the lake when we are ice fishing and even if it is in the 20's we are still down to t shirts after a time.

I highly recommend these heaters as well.  The O2 sensor works well as a friend of ours found out at Sherwood.  She buttoned her tent up tight and it took her awhile to figure out why her heater kept shutting off.  She finally figured it out and cracked open a top vent on her tent and slept comfortably the remainder of the night.

My wife now gets very pouty if our Big Buddy heater runs out of fuel on a cold night.  I've gone and bought the hose that allows me to hook it up to the big propane tanks so that we can run it all weekend without fear of running out.

Space isn't an issue for us as we have a decent sized tent and the heater sits in the corner on top of a box.  This puts plenty of space around it to avoid knocking it over.

And like those who have come before me - DO NOT put something like this in your tent or we will be reading about you on Monday

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Taylor Blu

To find hand warmers.  Call up all the dollar type thrift stores and drug stores to see what they got.  When it warms up again go back to see whats on clearence.  If all else fails hit up google shop or amazon.