News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thinking of a RenFest to benefit non-profit in Wichita Falls, TX area?

Started by LadyMorna, November 05, 2010, 10:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMorna

I'm checking around to see whether there would be much interest in having a small "soft-site" Renaissance Faire in the Wichita Falls, TX area to help raise funds for a non-profit organization. Since Lawton, OK hasn't held their Faire in the past couple of years, I'm thinking there might be enough people in the Texoma area who might be interested in attending/performing/vending?  I've never done anything like this before, and I keep trying to just forget it, but the idea keeps haunting me, especially since a couple of non-profits I work with are looking for fund-raising ideas, and I'm missing the Lawton RenFest so much...

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Craigmeister

There is definitely a gap now w/o Lawton.  I live near Tulsa & talk to vendors, playtrons & patrons frequently who tell me that they went to Lawton but it was too hot.  I'm sure they would go back to the area if there it was during a cooler time of year & not conflicting w/ another faire in the region.  I too would have gone there but I can't handle the heat of the summer all day long.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Emerald Shaunassey

Lady Morna,

How are your thoughts on the soft site faire going?  I'd be glad to help out in what ever way I could.  Just let me know.  And please be aware of my new e-mail address since my 'divorce' this summer.  That email addy is (making the corrections of course): OkieRennie1 at YAHOO dot COM.  And of course, you can find me on Facebook under my mundane name. 

Fair Winds
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

BLAKDUKE

Just a side thought.   Instead of a renfest, how about a renfeast/fest.  Since it is a feast it could be held indoors, so weather is not a factor.  you could set up a small vending area for before/during cocktail hour and after desert.  You would need a fairly large restaurant or catering hall to co-ordinate the event, but I think that the overhead would be much less and the vagaries of weather would not be a problem.
PS:  The menu could be really quite simple as well and does not have to be extravegent
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

LadyMorna

I like the idea of a RenFeast/Fest!  It sounds much less intimidating than a full-fledged Renfest.  I've not had a great deal of experience in event planning, and simpler sounds better!

LadyMorna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Jade Sapphire Emerald

On the Ren Feast/Fest idea...vendors during pre and cocatail hour...have a funny show so that entertainment can be included...meal with maybe a continuation show for the same entertainment, or a different entertainment, dessert, after dinner good bye vendor/celebration...

I'm thinking of a basic dinner theatre set...that's why I included entertainment in the idea....
-Formerly Emerald Rogue-
-AKA Jaden Karr-