News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

37th Annual Galveston Dickens on The Strand

Started by Zardoz, November 05, 2010, 10:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zardoz

Just a heads up, I know we're in the middle of TRF season, but mark your calenders for the first weekend in December, 12/4-5/10 for the 37th Annual Galveston Dickens on The Strand Victorian fest.  We had a pretty good turnout of R/F'ers last year!

Hope to see ya' there, the Girltorage and I will be staying in town to be out both days.

http://www.galvestonhistory.org/Dickens_Overview.asp
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

raevyncait

I will be out and about, hopefully selling CDs for The Rogues, who are once again, performing. Come by and see me to get your copy of their new 3Lbs of Rage CD... it's a bit more progressive, Celtic Rockish than their previous offerings, but it's fabulous, with an excellent version of The Gael (from Last of the Mohicans), a lovely Gaelic lullaby, and a few other more traditional tunes with a bit of a modern twist.

Just 29 more sleeps until it's here!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Zardoz

Cool Raevyn, That new CD sounds great! We'll see you there!
IBRSC# 1619,

Zardoz

I forgot to mention, Dickens on The Strand is cashing in on celebrating the Steam Punk fad this year with a few SP themed events;

http://www.galvestonhistory.org/Dickens_New_Events.asp

IBRSC# 1619,

raevyncait

The Schedule for DoTS is posted:
http://www.galvestonhistory.org/2010press/2010Dickens-Schedule.pdf

The Rogues schedule (aka where to find me):
> Saturday:
> noon-12:30 Windsor Castle (22nd & Strand)
> 3-3:30 London Wharf (22nd & Harborside)
> 5:30-6 Windsor Castle
>
> Sunday:
> 10:30-11 Marble Arch (Mechanic between 22nd & 23rd)
> 1-1:30 Westminster Abbey (23rd & Strand)

They may add in a few lane/street shows in between stage shows.  The lineup will be Randy Wothke & Nelson Stewart on percussion (personally, I'm hoping they'll have a bit of keyboard & other instrumentation to be able to do some of the newer stuff on the CD), Corey Walden on fiddle, and piping will be EJ Jones and Lyric Todkill! 

See ya'll in 11 days!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Zardoz

Giving the Dickens thread a bump because it's coming up this weekend, see ya' there!
IBRSC# 1619,

dbaldock

Looks like a really nice weather forecast for this weekend:

AccuWeather - Galveston, TX

Saturday, 12/4/2010
Partly sunny and breezy
High = 71°
Low = 61°

Sunday, 12/5/2010
Partly sunny and nice
High = 74°
Low = 63°

I'm planning to be there, taking pictures, on Saturday.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Lord Virgo

I will be there for sure this weekend.  Can't wait to see The Rogues!!!!!!!  Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Luna

Lord Virgo

Ehat a great time at DOTH.  One little one year old loved seeing The Rogues.  I hope she was more about the music than the kilts.  If it's the kilts then I may have a problem, lol.
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

Lord Virgo

Sorry I meant "My little one year old"  Monday typing not so good
XTREEM HORN LORD
THE WRONG ONE CAMP
SHAME THY SELF
TIS FOLLY

dbaldock

The pictures I took at Dickens on The Strand on Saturday have been uploaded to albums on my Facebook account:

DoTS - 4-Dec-2010 (Facebook size) - Album 1
DoTS - 4-Dec-2010 (Facebook size) - Album 2
DoTS - 4-Dec-2010 (Facebook size) - Album 3

As of right now, the full size 4288x2848 images are uploading to my Flickr account, and I'll let you know when they've been put in a set.

([rant] I don't care how fast the TV commercials tend to imply that you can upload your photos to the Internet using Comcast Cable, the real average speed that they provide for residential users is about 128 KB/s, and it takes a long time to upload 3+ GB of full size photos.[/rant])

EDIT: It was actually the photos of the Circa Paleo Concert at the Mucky Duck Pub last Thursday that were uploading earlier.  NOW, the DoTS photos are uploading to Flickr...  :D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

dbaldock

OK, now the full size 4288x2848 images can be seen, or downloaded from my Flickr account:

DoTS - 4-Dec-2010 (Full size) - Flickr Set

Take Care,
David Baldock