News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

It's My Moms Time

Started by Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard, June 07, 2008, 07:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Thursday my mom wasn't feeling well and we noticed her color was a little funny looking, took her to the hospital and they admitted her , said they wanted to run some test. FRIDAY A.M.- Drs. want to see the family at 1:p.m. and told us she has pancreotic cancer( dont know if i spelled it right) and it is advanced. Nothing they can do. They will medicate her to keep her comfortable and it should not be long before she leaves us. I can't imagine how it's going to be without her. But I know she will be ok, we talked about it, I told her -just think of all the ones you get to see again. She says she is ready! :'( :(  :'(  :(  :'(  :(
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Renee Buchanan

You are in the prayers of myself and Lord Stephen.  I lost my mother to cancer 5 years ago this month and know how hard it is.  Someone else posted on another thread in this forum that your mother will not be in your past.  She will be in your future, for the time you both will meet again. Sending prayers of peace and strength to you and your family.

Renee
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

anne of oaktower

So sorry to hear it.  May you be blessed with peace through this difficult time.
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Taffy Saltwater

When I got my cancer diagnosis from the doctor, I had a pretty grim future.  I told him then, and I'm telling you now, "however it turns out, I have to believe it will be for the best."  On a number of occasions my (deceased) grandmother came to visit me in the hospital - I could see her like she'd never left - and I know she's waiting for me on the other side. It will be difficult saying goodbye to your mother - and she will have difficulties saying goodbye to you, her loved ones - but the farewell is not forever.  Take good care of yourselves and know she is in good hands. God bless you.
Sveethot!

Muffin

I am so very sorry to hear this.. you and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers..
*hugs*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

lady serena

My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Yrose

I lost my mom in February and i was very hard, but like your's she was fighting and I came to realize she would be in a better place without pain. It did help some. May you find a peace that helps.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

irish

Sending you hugs, thoughts and prayers......to you and your family. Think of this as another 'chapter' for her life, and know, she will continue in a place where you wont be able to see her, but you will in the future.
Blessings.....
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

RedHatQueen

Lady Joyce Ann,

Sincerest blessings to you and your family at this time.
I learned that my father was ill and that his cancer was back
and despite rushing to another state to be with him, missed that opportunity
He passed away 2 minutes after my plane touched down.  Tomorrow will be 1 month he died.
I miss him more than words can express
Talk to her and give her permission to go.  She will be reunited with many loved ones
and she will watch over you.

Blessings
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Lady Ann of Draycott

I am so sorry to hear such sad news and to find out so suddenly must have been very difficult.  You and your Mom are in my prayers.
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

renren

Quote from: RedHatQueen on June 08, 2008, 07:16:54 PM
Lady Joyce Ann,

Sincerest blessings to you and your family at this time.
I learned that my father was ill and that his cancer was back
and despite rushing to another state to be with him, missed that opportunity
He passed away 2 minutes after my plane touched down.  Tomorrow will be 1 month he died.
I miss him more than words can express
Talk to her and give her permission to go.  She will be reunited with many loved ones
and she will watch over you.

Blessings

Lady Joyce Ann,
In my opinion,RedHatQueen gives some sound advice,I said this to my own Dad when it was his time,and,even though he couldn't speak,I could see in his eyes that he undestood,and he did let go not much after that.

You will be in my most heartfelt thoughts and prayers.
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Molden

My heart goes out to you and your loved ones. All are in my prayers and petitions. Peace be with you.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Brother Gregory

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know what you're going through I lost my mom 11 years this past December and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. She had cancer and went down hill quickly before she died. Most of my family didn't want her to go but I could see was suffering very much and now I know that's she not in pain anylonger and some day will meet up again and be together once more.

jinx

You and yours have my sincere prayers, Lady Joyce Ann.   
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Luciana

Your mom, you and your family are in my prayers. May her passage be easy. Peace and blessing be with you and your entire family.
Luciana
Gypsy Fur Trader
Ette,Divine Oracle

My goal in life is to be as good of a person
as my dog thinks I am.

Ginette

May you be blessed with peace through this difficult time. You and yours are in my prayers.

*big hug*
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!