News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Found the perfect pirate coat!

Started by Mairte, November 30, 2010, 01:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mairte

I was browsing on Etsy and I FOUND IT!!! (Actually I "found" several pieces of garb) The first is a coat that the seller says she can do in green with black lace for me. Its a gothic, flared type coat. A lot of the coats I was looking at were too masculine, this one is just feminine enough.
Another was a chemise, it was red with some black. I dont even LIKE red but this one ALMOST made me reconsider my colors...luckily the seller has some other choices.(I am still thinking about the red though!)
The third and final was a pair of moccasins. The buyer sizes them exactly for the individual. Yay!!!
The chemise would go with another outfit, but the jacket and moccs are for pirate wardrobe. Now I need to find a green patterned corsett for under the jacket and a black skirt...
Thanks for letting me think out loud over something I am excited about. ;D

irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Mairte

Sigh..yeah, I know I sounded a bit overexcited. :-\  But I dont have anyone else that might understand how important it is to get the outfit exactly right. :)

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Anna Iram

Pretty!

My thoughts are if you are attracted to an unusual color or style in garb that you would'nt usuaaly wear you should go for it. It's a sure sign there is some side of you you may never see in day to day life just dying to bust out. Go for the red! :)

Mairte

LOL, maybe....I am tempted to buy it along with the other items and then looks for accessories for it as a whole different outfit. IF its still there after I get everything else.
I also thought, instead of wearing a hat with the green/black outfit, I might get one of those really intricate masks, braid my hair up...(its too darn long! I wore it long to renn this past year and it was a real pain.)
Not sure where I could go with the red. It would probably be the only red garb I ever owned, so kind of out of my frame of reference.(shrug)
Though I do like just wearing the corset over it, quite interesting.

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Mairte

Yep, I am trying to go for something different. I sure didnt realize there was as much out there as there is until I started really searching! :)
Unfortunately I have to get my renn garb one item at a time, but its totally worth the time it takes.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Great finds!! Can be both Renaissance and Steampunk at the same time.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Mairte

Yes! Thats exactly what I am going for! Havent been into steampunk but for a little while though.