News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your Highness Trailer

Started by Tammy, November 19, 2010, 03:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

I just watched the NFW trailer...at work (I'm by myself from 5-8 am).  This is going to be a hoot!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

Oh, I know!  I can't wait!!!  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mairte

Rowan MacD

Less than a month till release!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Rowan MacD

Ok, We just got back from seeing the movie....My opinion?

Man, I really wanted to like this movie, but for me it was hard to watch.
IWG wench #3139 

Rani Zemirah

Nooooooo!!!  Oh, please... say it isn't so!!!  :'(
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rowan MacD

I will let you all make your own opinions about it.  Should make for an interesting discussion.   
Note: Most of the the trailer was edited out of sequence, which probabley explains why it was funny.

IWG wench #3139 

Becky10

Grr, I havent seen it yet but I had a feeling it might end up being one of those movies where the only funny parts are in the trailer. I shall have to wait for it to come to our dollar movies. (Damn college.)
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

Rani Zemirah

As a single parent, I almost always wait for things to go to the dollar movies...  :-\
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

amy

OK.. Saw it on Friday night.   Absolutly zero Renaissance merit what so ever BUT.. absofrickinlutely hysterical.   It is an old school  "burn one" and laugh till you wet yourself.   Completely stupid to the bone, but you will be spitting the one liners for a week.  Natalie Portman is great and yes, it has a happy ending.    It is a total groaner, but teen aged boys will think it is fantastic.   

Merlin the Elder

I saw the trailer with Portman about to dive into the lake... the old-aged boys will like it too—at least that part.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

amy

Yes sir.  She is a real action hero for all kinds of action.   You will love the ending if you like you some Natalie!

Hospitaller

I'll throw my two cents worth in and try not to rain on anyone's hopes...it is after all only my opinion.

The visuals were stunning....what's not to like with views of Northern Ireland and Ms. Portman. Beyond that, the movie was something of a yawner and dissapointment for me and my lady. She hears that kind of sophomoric joking all day every day as a High School teacher, and it's not really my cup o' tea either; but can be funny in measured amounts.
For some it will be funny, and you will have to take it on it's own merits in that vein. If you like a constant barrage of vulgar humor for 1-1/2 solid hours, then by all means give it a shot - especially on dollar day. ;)

Rowan MacD

Quote from: amy on April 12, 2011, 10:26:04 AM
Yes sir.  She is a real action here fo all kinds of action.   You will love the ending if you like you some Natalie!
She was very good but she couldn't carry the movie-The previously unknown actor who played Courtney (Rasmus Hardiker) was an unexpected pleasure.
  I like me some vulgar humor just as much as the next guy, but most of the jokes were just not funny.
IWG wench #3139