News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Your Highness Trailer

Started by Tammy, November 19, 2010, 03:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amy

I see your point exactly and like I said.. you have to be prepared and expecting that kind of humor.   Perhaps it was the fact that i was with my husband who found it so hystical!   Mayhaps I was laughing just as much at him as the movie?  could be! 

Zardoz

Well having seen the trailer, and watched most of the same cast in David Green's stoner comedy Pineapple Express, I got pretty much what I was expecting. I saw it over a beer lunch at the Alamo Drafthouse, and found it quite funny. To be honest though, I kind of thought it could have been a little raunchier  ::)
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Tom

Went and saw it with my wife and some friends last night. I enjoyed it, it made my friends and I think of our D&D sessions :).

As for it being raunchier, well they have to save something for the unedited DVD/Blu-ray release. :)

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.
Thanks,

Tom

A.K.A. - Lady Serenas husband

Grov

It's Danny McBride, people.  You should know what kind of humor it's going to be going in.  I thought it was a riot.  Several eww moments, lots of dumb jokes, and a tasteful quantity of Portman flesh.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

BubbleWright

Your Highness came out on DVD today. I watched the gag reel and the making of the movie sections first. They made the point that it was not a comedy with action but an action movie with comedy. Loved the sets, locations, costumes, production values. The raunch factor was a bit over the top. If they deleted the F-word, they would have lost about a 1/4 of the dialog. I watched the theatrical version... I'm not sure if I want to find out how raunchy the UNRATED version is.

PS- I forgot to mention that this DVD has a really objectionable feature... you have to play over 10 minutes of advertisments and previews before you get to the movie proper. It won't let you jump forward to the movie.

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Robert Phoenix

I watched it on blue ray today and was able to get right to the unrated movie with just a few clicks.  My own opinion is that this was a good movie but it could have been oh so much better.  I haven't sen any of the deleted stuff or any of the extras yet.  Saving that for tomorrow.

LadyAsh

My boyfriend recommended this movie to me. He found it funny, so I gave it a watch tonight and found that I enjoyed it quite a bit!
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber