News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Trim sites round-up?

Started by Lady Rosalind, June 08, 2008, 05:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cilean

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on June 09, 2008, 05:55:26 AM
www.Cheeptrims.com

I haven't purchased anything from them personally, but the person making my wedding gown {way too daunting for me to attempt - I STILL haven't finished my 'simple' skirt!  >:(} recommended that site when we were picking out colors, etc. They have TONS of trims and the prices seem to be reasonable {hence the name, I suppose  ;) }

Well I can! I have been purchasing from Cheaptrims for I think 8 years now, I have never had an issue with them, they do have a minimum order so I tell people all the time to make an order together.  The trim is shipped promptly and it is wonderful.

Cilean
Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

peacewing

I love the sticky with the websites of fabric resources, but how about a sticky with trim & notions?  ;D

CenturiesSewing

http://www.tinseltrading.com/index.php

I have not ordered from them, but wonderful new and vintage metal laces, trims and fabric.

Sorcha

Quote from: Aiacha on June 11, 2008, 10:29:54 AM
BTW - if you visit New York, this is also a fun store to wander through.

Oh...  I couldn't imagine wondering through MJ Trims...  That would be such a bad idea.  ;D

gracefulcarrie

You are right.... stickying this topic is a good idea.
Now you can find your fabric and your trim easily.

Sorcha

Speaking of CheepTrims...  I got this today:

For 3 DAYS ONLY we are offering you 10% off your next order. It's our valued customer sale and only valid through Midnight 06/21/09
Simply Enter the Discount Code Below when checking out and you will save 10%
DISCOUNT CODE: 745365

Lady Renee Buchanan

I found a nice trim on Cheeptrims at a very reasonable price:  $10 for 25 yards of jacquard metallic ribbon.  However, when I went to check out, I was stunned at the shipping cost, $12.20.  For 1 roll of ribbon.  So I guess I'm not buying something from them, when the cost of UPS ground shipping is more than the cost of the product.

I'll try to find something local first or on one of the other sites.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

DonaCatalina

Have you looked at http://www.calontirtrim.com/ ?
He's never charged me that much for shipping.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadySeasan

I would like to add this:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/zuke989_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

They have a good variety of trims, not always a lot, but nice anyway, at great prices.
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Betty Munro

Another thumbs up for Calontirtrim, Steven Boyd
http://www.calontirtrim.com/catalog.htm
I stumbled on his website after a google search and took a chance with an unknown vendor since it was just a few bucks worth of trim.
Shipping was in a Priority Mail Envelope, $5.00  It would cost me more in gas to get back and forth to my closest hobby/fabric store and I can guarantee you I wouldn't be able to find a more perfect trim for my project, (Pirate coat).
Steve replied to my email within 2 days - shipped the day after cc info was sent (the post office was already closed) and was just overall very nice to work with.
I will look to his website first any time I need trim from now on.
Plus, his bio explains that he is a full time teacher and does this on the side ... really, does it get any better than that???
OK, gotta go now, I need to put the trim ON the pirate coat now and stop gushing over it.

Genievea Brookstone

I also recently ordered from Calonitrtrim and I had a response almost immediatly.  Ordered my trim late Saturday evening,recieved an email the same night, did the paypal thing and  had it by Wednesday.

Highly recommend!
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

CecilsTanequin

Haven't seen anyone post this one yet but it has some good stuff. Our Earl of Leicester at Bristol is a frequent patron of theirs. Palladia Paasementerie : www.palladiapassementerie.com  or search for Palladia Passementerie on facebook.
Kat Brown
Guilde of St. George - Bristol
'07-'08 Lady Anne Cecil
'09-'12 Mistress Mary Radcliffe

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Calontir and Pillaged Village are my go to trim sources.

The Pallidia Passamentre trims are lovely, but very expensive. I have one of their trims on the bottom of my Mary Queen of Scot's forepart of the underskirt. One yard cost me $15.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

bookwench

Cheeptrims has a $65 minimum order, so if you can find enough things for an order (or go in with multiple people), it might make the shipping worth it. 

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 10, 2009, 12:55:36 PM
I found a nice trim on Cheeptrims at a very reasonable price:  $10 for 25 yards of jacquard metallic ribbon.  However, when I went to check out, I was stunned at the shipping cost, $12.20.  For 1 roll of ribbon.  So I guess I'm not buying something from them, when the cost of UPS ground shipping is more than the cost of the product.

I'll try to find something local first or on one of the other sites.
"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." -G. Radner

CecilsTanequin

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on November 29, 2010, 12:57:25 PM

The Pallidia Passamentre trims are lovely, but very expensive. I have one of their trims on the bottom of my Mary Queen of Scot's forepart of the underskirt. One yard cost me $15.

Thanks for that heads up! I've never noticed their prices because I don't play a character high enough ranking to wear their trims lol!
Kat Brown
Guilde of St. George - Bristol
'07-'08 Lady Anne Cecil
'09-'12 Mistress Mary Radcliffe