News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 invasion: QuartETTE

Started by Athena, June 08, 2008, 10:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tinker

count me Belle and me to attend,
it is kinda like Ruffles,
you just can't do just one or two,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Captain Jack Wolfe

Ordinarily I'd say it depends on who's wearing the ruffles.  :D

Let me be the first to say it:  ARE WE THERE YET?
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Count Adolfo

Has someone calculated the number of days yet?

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Lady Renee Buchanan

We had the greatest time at Rendezvous/Menage Ette Trois this year.  My job was nice enough to bend the rules to let me take the day before and day after a holiday off (a no-no).  Whether they will allow it next year will be a determining factor if we can attend.

But we sure want to!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Cloverpogue

I had to miss this past year; first time since I started faire way back when.
Did anyone know I wasn't there?
*joking; or am I? :P
I know, show up next year, or you shall have me dragged, or horse whipped; which ever comes first.
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Count Adolfo

I can't believe it's been so long already...
someone please remind me of everyone I met and caroused with... the days are getting fuzzy

could have something to do with the alcohol
not sure on that...

I wonder if it's too soon to start an invasion list for next May?  :D

kirk

"QUART",,, Love it :D

We eating at Chef Wangs again? Just asking because:...

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=119981

Raid nets 50 suspected illegal immigrants
Three restaurants targeted by feds
By MARK BELL • Gannett Tennessee • June 19, 2008

Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents raided at least three businesses owned by restaurant entrepreneur Stanley Wang on Tuesday, including The New Famous Chinese Restaurant in Nashville, Chef Wang's in Murfreesboro and the Famous Chinese Restaurant in Smyrna.

About 50 suspected illegal immigrants were identified and detained during the sweep, Nashville-based Assistant United States Attorney Lee Deneke said in a statement issued Wednesday. Those detained were citizens of Mexico, the People's Republic of China, El Salvador, Guatemala, Malaysia and Indonesia.

Wang could not be reached for comment at his home.

Milissa Reierson, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development, her department participated in the effort.

Some suspects picked up Tuesday could face federal court prosecution for any law violations not related to immigration.

The rest will go to immigration court and possibly be deported.

Federal agents, along with the Murfreesboro Police Department, also conducted an investigation at an East Clark Boulevard home in relation to the raids.

The Middle Tennessee sweep comes two months after a federal grand jury indictment aimed at Chinese restaurateurs ac cused of in ducing illegal immigrants to stay in the U.S. by providing them jobs, according to a news release on the ICE Web site.

Several employment agency owners from Georgia named in the indictments allegedly conspired with others to transport and provide jobs to immigrants who were illegally in the country from October 2006 through April.

Chef Wang's owner Stanley Wang and his wife, Margarat, moved to the Murfreesboro area approximately 10 years ago from New York City.

Welsh Wench

Wow!
I know someone they can hire for their Maitre d'.... ;D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

renfairephotog

Fifty! when news first broke all they said was 12 at Chef Wangs and some at the Apts nearby. That was tues and this article did't get published till thursday.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080619/NEWS03/806190371/1017/NEWS01
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Count Adolfo

amazing!
what kind of penalties does TN impose for this?

festmum

Good question.  I'm thinking this falls under federal jurisdition though.

Count Adolfo

Kinda scary, considering we were all there, too...

Welsh Wench

What's so scary? It's not like they were 50 serial killers or 50 'black widows' with a thing for poisoning the egg rolls.  :D

Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

festmum

Actually, I would say they were the ones scared...

I'm sure we got great food and service specifically for that reason!