News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where to stay when not camping?

Started by DonaCatalina, November 30, 2010, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on January 18, 2011, 10:30:37 AM
We are still planning to make it out!  Probably hotel it.  I will let ya know once we are confirmed.  We can bring something to the reception as well if we are able to make it.

So... where are all the folks staying that aren't camping on grounds?
Bonny Pearl- we got a great deal on a king suite at the Hampton in Bastrop through priceline. Will you be joining our merry band Friday night?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: DonaCatalina on January 19, 2011, 11:04:14 AM
Quote from: Bonny Pearl on January 18, 2011, 10:30:37 AM
We are still planning to make it out!  Probably hotel it.  I will let ya know once we are confirmed.  We can bring something to the reception as well if we are able to make it.

So... where are all the folks staying that aren't camping on grounds?
Bonny Pearl- we got a great deal on a king suite at the Hampton in Bastrop through priceline. Will you be joining our merry band Friday night?

Hi Dona C!  It looks like we will be camping after all.  We will be up late Friday evening.  See you soon!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

KiltedPrivateer

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

Well, we'll still be happy to see you inside the faire. LOL.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

MacKee

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on January 25, 2011, 08:04:18 PM
Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on January 25, 2011, 01:55:28 PM
Are y'all bringing the trailer?

Looks like that is the plan. :)

You bet kp...we have something that will pull it now  :)

It is time...
The Order of Culloden Moor

KiltedPrivateer

Awesome, can't wait to see it - Does it have a nice throaty rumble?
Lover of Lady Kitara

MacKee

It's a Ford F250 4x4 twin turbo diesel...I'm ready to go...c'mon Sherwood. Open, open, open, open...

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: MacKee on January 27, 2011, 09:30:01 AM
It's a Ford F250 4x4 twin turbo diesel...I'm ready to go...c'mon Sherwood. Open, open, open, open...

Nice - Can't wait to see it
Lover of Lady Kitara

dfloyd888

What is the tow rating on that beast?  The cool thing about the turbo diesels is that they can go into Oregon or other high altitude places and not lose horsepower or torque like normally aspirated engines do.

MacKee

Quote from: dfloyd888 on January 27, 2011, 08:18:41 PM

What is the tow rating on that beast?  The cool thing about the turbo diesels is that they can go into Oregon or other high altitude places and not lose horsepower or torque like normally aspirated engines do.

Maximum loaded trailer weight is 12,500 lbs. I believe.

DonaCatalina

I put Sherwood on my Facebook calendar and invited about 10 people who I thought were likely to go just so they would know which weekend we had planned.
I just looked at the responses and 342 people are now on the attendees list. I didn't know you could add people to someone else's event.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

maeven

My husband and I are staying at the Best Western around there-I don't have the room rate in front of me, but I was told by my husband earlier last week that it was a little pricey this year, which is kinda meh, but oh well.
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

ArielCallista

We're planning on camping but the temperature concerns me...does anyone know if there are any Choice hotels in the area...comfort inn, comfort suites, quality inn, econo lodge, etc...My family has a choice priviledges card so wed save money and get points...might even have a free night...
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Merlin the Elder

Ariel:
Budget Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn, all pretty near us in Bastrop. Planning a dinner gathering Friday night, if you're there by then.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...