News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Indiana's 2011 Enchanted Lakes Renaissance Faire and Marketplace

Started by Lady Cecelia, November 30, 2010, 01:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Cecelia

Just a quick post to introduce Indiana's newest faire!  The Enchanted Lakes Faire will be held at the world famous Buck Lake Ranch in Angola, IN, from June 17 to 19, 2011.  The Rogue Blades have already signed on and have been instrumental in helping us bring the best faire we can to the good folks.  We are working on a joust and have plenty of vendor space available.  This is an untapped market with the closest faire being Silver Leaf.  Word has been spreading quickly and there will be half page ads in the Jan/Mar/May issues of Renaissance Magazine.  We have an event page on Facebook-check us out.  Pur website is www.enchantedlakesfaire.com and vendor and entertainer applications can be found there.  We are actively seeking volunteers and the ranks are growing.  Please feel free to check us out!!

Lady Deborah

Well that sounds like a lot of fun, I think I shall put that one on my calendar.

Lady Deborah

Enchanted Lakes Renaissance Faire and Marketplace is hosting a Winterfaire!  It is an evening event, on Janurary 29, complete with a feast.  The details, including prices and menu, as well as entertainment, are on their website: www.enchantedlakesfaire.com    I'm always excited for find a faire event in the winter months, especially here in the midwest.   

Rowan MacD

Good luck!
~Rowen

Wish I could be there, but 11 hours one way is a bit far to drive for me ;)
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Cecelia

Hey Rowen:  We have a small municipal airport just a couple of miles away!  Just get a friend to fly you in, we'll pick you up and then take you back.  Easy as pie!

Lady Cecelia

Things are moving along so fast!  Froggy 106.7 just came aboard as our new co-sponsor and Mad Anthony's Brewing will be the official ale of the faire.  If you haven't tried their brews you're sure missing out.  Entertainment includes the Rogue Blades, Bocca Musica and Silent Lion.  Vendors include the Dragon's Den and Wicked Wench Productions.  Apps keep coming in and we keep adjusting our schedules and vendor areas.  The biggest news is that Paragon Jousting will be having 7-count 'em 7-full contact jousts!  One on Friday and 3 each on Saturday and Sunday.  How many new faires can say they have a joust?  Keep checking out the website www.enchantedlakesfaire.com and now that tax season is over I hopefully can keep posting here.

Lord Clisto of York

I will be going to check this event out one of the days. Not sure which one yet. It sounds like a pretty cool event. It's about 4.5 hours for me so that's not too bad.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Bearington

The cast and I  are looking forward to a very successful run!  ;D just a few short weeks to go!
Join us in Angola on May 14, and again on May 28, the royal court will be having a nelson's chicken roast! Proceeds to benefit the enchanted lakes faire!

Lady Deborah

Enchanted Lakes Faire will be here soon!!  We are looking forward to seeing many familiar faces from Michigan and Ohio, and introducing northeast Indiana folks to a great new renaissance faire on a lovely historic site!

Lady Deborah

Preparations are well underway......if you haven't checked out the website lately - entertainment, vendors, and food have been listed.  This is going to a great time, please come and join us!  www.enchantedlakesfaire.com

Lord Clisto of York

Looking forward to checking this new one out. The entertainment looks to be great. Food and vendors as well. I need to take a good amount of pics as well.

Lady Cecelia

We just can't express how pleased we are that Lord Clisto of York will be attending and Queen Beatrice is most anxious to make your acquaintance (unknown to King Kensington!). 

We want to thank Mayfaire and Huntington Jaycees Ren Faires for their support and guidance.  Silverleaf has also had a huge impact on us, as well, although they probably don't know it.  We'll show our appreciation when we get there in July.

Only a few more days to go and everyone is feverishly working on their bits and construction.  Can't wait to meet the M'Cracks and several of the cast have chosen their M'Crack names!

Hope to see everyone there!

Lord Clisto of York

The pleasure is all mine, Lady Cecelia. I pray the Kings absence of knowing of the Queens invitation to me attending will be nothing more than a welcome surprise for he as well. My journey will be made better in meeting everyone indeed. Pray the druids keep mother nature pleased for the weekend.

Lord Clisto of York

Can't wait to see and say hello to my good knightly friends Sir Devon and Dame Fiona from paragon Jousting.