News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To my friends about the R/F forum

Started by John, May 07, 2008, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

OMG, I'm not in Kansas anymore!  :o

I was freaking out when I couldn't find the site.  Then I didn't realize I had to sign up again (computer illiterate just about, I am), and it wouldn't let me in with my old name and password, and I was sure something awful had happened. 

Now that I'm finally here, thank you so much for your hard work to create a place where we can continue to meet.  It looks different than the old site, but as long as the same wonderful people are here, it will be just as fantastic.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Christina de Pond

rrrrrrr I"m here but not without my clitch stupid fingers can't spell anyone know how to edit profile name?
???

never Mind i fixed it.
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Aldyth

Might I suggest Gojabber.com?

I love THEIR interface!!!

midnightferret

I think SMF is pretty good. I tend to go with phpBB because that's what I'm most familiar with. Whatever you end up with will be faboo, John, and if the database (mysql?) entries are there, I bet you can recover some of the old forums... Of course, I'm always the optimist.

Now for the important stuff: someone PM me and tell me why I can't add a profile pic? I don't rate or something?   ;D

festmum

Scoot over and make some room in this life raft...gotta have the Island Ette aboard! :-*

fluffy tail

Why am I not surprized if a lift raft is afloat Festmum wouldn't be aboard.

IWG #3371
Royal Wine Taster
Tinker #2
FOKTOP
landshark #38

Lord Dragonspyre

Ever thought about using vbulletin as forum software? It's pretty darned nice, if I do say so myself.
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

theChuck

vBulletin is proprietary. if you want to go the php/mysql route, phpbb is free and quite robust.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

DeadBishop

John is actually looking into vBulletin as an option for us.  May be awhile before we know what direction we're going though.

R/F.com member since 2003

mellingera

Quote from: DB on May 08, 2008, 05:05:00 PM
May be awhile before we know what direction we're going though.

As long as we're thinking of going somewhere... Let's visit Scotland! I've always wanted to go... no reason for the raft to drift aimlessly... there should be enough pirates abord to stear by the stars and such...  :D

Zoë

Gosh, what a hassle!  My best wishes John and all the mods who are helping us get back on our feet -- here's to a speedy recovery!  Three cheers for you all and all the fantastic work you do!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Quirky Hazel

Not sure what happened, or how it happened, but I think I made it to the right place. Was looking for my link, couldn't get to it, so did a search and found this site. I Think I am in the right place. Is this a permanant (relatively speaking) move?
Good Morrow CORF folk. See you in our section.

DeadBishop

Quote from: quirky hazel on May 08, 2008, 11:26:33 PM
Not sure what happened, or how it happened, but I think I made it to the right place. Was looking for my link, couldn't get to it, so did a search and found this site. I Think I am in the right place. Is this a permanant (relatively speaking) move?
Good Morrow CORF folk. See you in our section.

Yes, I'm guessing you found the right place.  No idea if this is "permanent" or not.  For now, it is what it is.  Just keep an eye open for updates.

R/F.com member since 2003

Once Debauched

As much as I hate change (trust me I REALLY hate change) if the old forums can't be salvaged just think of all the fun we'll have starting them all over again!

:-* on the cheek of everyone involved in trying to maintain a place for us to call home.
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Kate XXXXXX

Yay!   So glad I found you all again!  Well done the Lift Raft Launch Team!

Fingers are crossed that you can rescue all possible (hm...  Sewing with crossed fingers ain't easy!  ;) )