News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To my friends about the R/F forum

Started by John, May 07, 2008, 09:46:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Well, it looks like this is where all the popular people hang out. Thought I would join in on the fun!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

LadyHawkeontheHill

Quote from: Scotsman on May 09, 2008, 10:08:03 AM
Well, it looks like this is where all the popular people hang out. Thought I would join in on the fun!

...we were waiting for you; just where have you been?
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member

Scotsman

Sorry lass ... nice to be missed! I guess I was just waiting to see if the ole house could be saved. I am onboard now!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Peddlin

And it is certainly about time. Hey, Darlin'. We missed you.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

eldatari

Well this is completly different.  Thank you John and everyone for all your hard work.

Charlotte Rowan

Thanks, Serena and Tom, for providing the lifeboat. Without it we surely would all drown in our withdrawal! John, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this place. We all love it, and we're glad we can still be here even if it looks a little different!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

LadyOren

You have done a wonderful thing here for alot of people by not giving up.  We as members support you and will help you rebuild this awesome family that we all have come to understand.  Save what you can and know that what you have done here will be forever remembered by us all.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

John

Thank you all for your encouragement and offers to assist.

As DB mentioned I've been trying to migrate the old posts to a new forum.
The conversion from snitz to vBulletin isn't going well.
Our vandal keeps making things tough. During his last visit the conversion terminated and the new forum quit working.

Attempted to start with a new install of the forum. That failed.
Reinstalled PHP.
The MySql reinstall failed.

Fortunately we have the lifeboat and the mods.

Amras Elfwine

If the posts of old are to be committed to the ether, then let the legends begin...scaldic tales, as worthy of songs and fellowship.
Let us not look back, but begin anew...fresh starts are good.

the Spirit of Ren

Hi, John!!! 8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

DeadBishop

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on May 09, 2008, 11:08:38 PM
If the posts of old are to be committed to the ether, then let the legends begin...scaldic tales, as worthy of songs and fellowship.

the Spirit of Ren

Hi, John!!! 8)

Great attitude, Amras!  We should find the positive in everything....the spirit of Ren!

R/F.com member since 2003

Amras Elfwine

Agreed, my old comrade. The smallest candle overcomes the largest darkness.

So, lets kick the tires, and light the fires...OMG, I'm quoting "Captain Ron"...all is well with the world.
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Anna Iram

The Squirrel Lord is in da house!!

...and agreed. We still *had* all those wonderful times and memories. Nobody can ever take that away from us.

Escarlata

Just a note, it works for a little while, at least for me, ..... is that enough disclaimers?

If you can remember any part of what you're looking for, do a Google search. You may have to tell it to do the search again without omitting the duplicates. When the results come up, look through the titles for the RF post you are trying to find, then click the link for the "Cached" page. Sometimes it works and you'll be able to see/copy what you were searching for.

If there's more on another page in the thread, you'll be out of luck unless that page showed up in the search results too.

Hope it will help someone. Good luck!

Example: I was looking for something about our handfasting in Tennessee last year. I did a google search for Esc Leinad handfasting and it turned up the pages.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Anna Iram

Thanks Esc. I have tried that, but for me at least poking about in the rubble has yeilded no results. I wonder if I'm being too specific. Mayhaps just my name would bring more?

LadyHawkeontheHill

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on May 09, 2008, 11:08:38 PM

the Spirit of Ren

Hi, John!!! 8)

HERE HEAR AND HUZZAH!!
Willy Nilly on-the-wash town Strumpet
Castleteer Pillar
Irish Penny Brigade member